Archived Cashiering Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may seem like kind of a stupid question, but what are some instances that you need to call over the GSTL when cashiering? Or what are some typical problems you encounter at the register with guests?

1. Register says supervisors number required
  2. Coupons that cover the whole item
  3. Paper coupons
  4. Transactions involving high dollar gift cards with credit cards
  5. Guest wants a manager
  6. No dpci on an item that is non softlines
  7. Guest says something is on sale and its its ridiculously priced ei. $79 coffee pot for $39.
  8. Guest needs a carry out
  9. Spills that a paper towel won't clean up

10. Help with anything new that comes up and wasn't covered in training or you've forgotten. WIC and tax exempt are two frequent ones for new-ish cashiers at my store.
11. Alcohol sales if you're under age or not yet certified (assuming you're in a state that requires additional training)

13. Just for fun because I have a crush on them but can't date them per MEGATHREAD - The Target Dating Thread - https://www.thebreakroom.org/threads/the-target-dating-thread.7591/

13. To force them to bring me the change I requested 10 minutes into my shift because the last cashier to be on this lane either didn't care or got lucky and had nothing but CC transactions but that also calls into question how the change got so low to begin with, and now I have a guest here waiting on $40 cash back and I have no 20s, 10s, only one 5, and about ten 1s.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back