Archived cashiers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today my HR clerical TM said that "mytime" is now scheduling all cashier shifts....no shift will be longer than 5 hours.....it is supposed to stop having meal breaks for the front end. I thought that it was just my store however, it sounds as if this is going to be for all Spot stores.

So long shifts may be a thing of the past.
At our store myTime still gives cashiers full shifts and even OT shifts (of course for these I ask that they take an extended lunch or clock out five minutes before their 8th hour). Also the ETLs give me their login information and have let me adjust the schedule as needed.

Yes, anything over 8 hours in a day and it is overtime.
... is this a Target wide thing? I've been with spot for 2 years and never heard of this. We have TMs regularly work over 8 hours at my store if we have hours to spare and they want them.

... is this a Target wide thing? I've been with spot for 2 years and never heard of this. We have TMs regularly work over 8 hours at my store if we have hours to spare and they want them.
I think Cali? HRZone has posted about it before in this thread I think...

Im in california and every shift im working next week is a full shift.

Depends on local laws. California every minute after the 8th hour is time and a half.

I thought that it was just my store however, it sounds as if this is going to be for all Spot stores.

Asants my stl was told to write the schedule for the whole store. She laughed and told me to keep on writing it.

Mytime comes up with some incredibly dumb shifts. We use them to an extent but make corrections and yes some cashier's work 8 hour days

I don't seem to see Carli HRZone's answer on the shorter shifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back