Archived Cat & Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tables set (already have one that's got a gouge and dent). Platforms and mannequins next. I think I've got signing on the last pallet...

Anyone else have the damn balloon turn out lumpy? Took forever to get it to stay together as well....

Attachments

• 20160717_095931.jpg
    20160717_095931.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 59
Anyone else have the damn balloon turn out lumpy? Took forever to get it to stay together as well....

For paper at least in your picture it looks fine. I will have to double check ours, they were still working on it when I left Friday..

And it popped apart...mother fucker. I give up.

Extra double stick tape.. Just looking at how I think it goes together and I really did not see them putting it together that would be my first go to. 3M double sticky tape. If it can hold bodywork on a car it can hold some paper together.

Extra double stick tape.. Just looking at how I think it goes together and I really did not see them putting it together that would be my first go to. 3M double sticky tape. If it can hold bodywork on a car it can hold some paper together.
The petals clip to this little tab. Not bad when pushing clips through, but tape might have been tricky to adhere. Switching or canoe for Xmas worked perfectly...on the big one. Which wad the problem one. The banner was pulling the petals weird and popping the canoe clips out.

The petals clip to this little tab. Not bad when pushing clips through, but tape might have been tricky to adhere. Switching or canoe for Xmas worked perfectly...on the big one. Which wad the problem one. The banner was pulling the petals weird and popping the canoe clips out.

Gotcha.. I was just going from pictures and looking at it walking by our signing ninja trying to put it together. 3M tape was just what came to mind when I read the issue.. If it works or not? It has come in handy a few times for cardboard bins that didn't want to hold together quite right.

Gotcha.. I was just going from pictures and looking at it walking by our signing ninja trying to put it together. 3M tape was just what came to mind when I read the issue.. If it works or not? It has come in handy a few times for cardboard bins that didn't want to hold together quite right.
Oh gosh yes. Anything with right angles.

I remember to signing for the Prabal Gurung (a designer collection a few years ago) they sent a clear plastic sheet with the designers name on it and you were supposed to wrap it around the old Go INTL billboard. A couple days before the set we got word that the sheet MIGHT break when you tried to bend it around the billboard. It DID. It seems like Target would try a little harder on all of the details (large & small) on such a big sweeping change. I'd just like to see them do more than half a$$ SOMETHING! LOL.

I remember to signing for the Prabal Gurung (a designer collection a few years ago) they sent a clear plastic sheet with the designers name on it and you were supposed to wrap it around the old Go INTL billboard. A couple days before the set we got word that the sheet MIGHT break when you tried to bend it around the billboard. It DID. It seems like Target would try a little harder on all of the details (large & small) on such a big sweeping change. I'd just like to see them do more than half a$$ SOMETHING! LOL.
I was expecting like thin hollow plastic balloons...or something...this is long term. No way it's gonna last.

Did anyone else to get the order to push all of Cat and Jack on the sales floor within one week?

Or was that just my insane STL?

I was very excited about this Cat and Jack launch. Not anymore.

Did anyone else to get the order to push all of Cat and Jack on the sales floor within one week?

I've already got most of it out. The last of the table pog got tied yesterday. But I've been riding the vml and sltl to make sure they understood not getting it done would reflect on them, not me. I built tables and dressed mannequins. They just had to do the rest of the va and set the pogs.

No and besides I have way too much clearance to set every POG. Had one of team members create a clearance block on the main aisle, with the hopes of getting rid of more it. The Cartwheel offer doesn't help, as many guests only think they are only getting 20% off, rather than an addition 20% off. Do have most of the hanging out, expect for those items that came in assortment boxes or that came in with sizing labels on them when they are NOP. I just wished that we received about 1/3rd less product to stock and about 1/4th less POGs and/or hanging clothing fixtures to set. I am a very small store and I don't ever have enough space for everything they want us to set. Really would like for them to come walk my store and see what I have to deal with.

Last edited:
I hate this brand. People keep pushing girls boot cut and skinny jeans to boys side and vice versa. And once I realize one pair is out of place, I'm checking all the tags for numbers just in case. I get not wanting to put the pink and blue tags or what have you, but they could've done something! I was thinking they could just highlight the name cat on the girls stuff, Jack on boys. Annnnything would be better than me looking at the tiny numbers every time I can't tell. And if the people pushing it could tell more easily, maybe I'd run into this problem less.

F*ck those dinosaurs. I have gone as far as sticking no less than 8 signs saying "NOT FOR TOYS, CAT AND JACK, RESHOP FOR SOFTLINES" on a cart full of them and bringing it to guest services, and if one STILL ends up in the toy cart, I deliberately remove it and put it right back into the mixed reshop that's being sorted, and be damned if the person sorting sees it as passive aggressive. It's less about being a dick, more that I'm sick of them.

Oh, and I don't work softlines and don't buy clothes at Target, so I have no opinion on the brand, this is just an angry tirade against dinosaurs. Which should be a crime in all honesty, dinosaurs are rad.

Was the dinosaur cat & Jack brand!? Lollll. The tags fell off of ours. We only have one left. I thought they were something from toys and the vml was just getting creative when she put that basket of dinosaurs out. Whoooops. I wonder if we work in the same store. I keep sending our dinosaur back. I ask other sl people "do we still have dinosaur toys?" And everyone's like "no, it's probably back in toys, now, right?"

Was the dinosaur cat & Jack brand!? Lollll. The tags fell off of ours. We only have one left. I thought they were something from toys and the vml was just getting creative when she put that basket of dinosaurs out. Whoooops. I wonder if we work in the same store. I keep sending our dinosaur back. I ask other sl people "do we still have dinosaur toys?" And everyone's like "no, it's probably back in toys, now, right?"

No bar codes or DPCI on any of ours, just a price, so I could flex it, I guess. There's just no good location. I will seriously give any guest a 10 percent off on it if they brought it to me to ring up, as a way to encourage its removal.

That said, it's part of the C&J display, from
what I've heard. I might formally introduce them at the morning huddle, so at least most of the sales floor knows what's up with them.

I'm in New England, but probably not, from what I understand this is a common problem at Targets rn.

I just have one dinosaur left that I know of. I'm gonna plop it at the mannequin's feet tomorrow. They started with tags around the ankles, but they came off so easily so every time a kid walked away with one and abandoned it, it came back with no tag

We have been putting extra UPC stickers on the dinosaurs with extra tape. Now, if I could figure out where the dinosaur hand puppets were coming from I would be happy.:)

We have been putting extra UPC stickers on the dinosaurs with extra tape. Now, if I could figure out where the dinosaur hand puppets were coming from I would be happy.:)
It took our electronics team weeks to find where they go but they found them on the endcap on the back wall of toys (where the $3/$5/$7/$10 toys are). They go in a little plastic tube. I can get you the DPCI when I go in tomorrow if you need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back