Archived Target's Children’s Brand Cat and Jack Adds Sensory-Friendly Clothes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering how many MIRs I'd get for these and got worried. Because out of all the softlines-related MIRs I've had, Cat and Jack have shown up pretty frequently.
Im just thinking of the hassle of ordering to try it on. Its like they want to help them out but don't make them accessible to people without ordering online/ credit card for ordering.

Also, thankful that parents who have non ID children who haven't been potty trained at 7 brought in either. (still haven't figured how any child isnt potty trained by seven Even with a severe intellectual disability you need to learn where to poop)

Also, thankful that parents who have non ID children who haven't been potty trained at 7 brought in either. (still haven't figured how any child isnt potty trained by seven Even with a severe intellectual disability you need to learn where to poop)
Because kids with severe sensory issues can't even respond to their body's signals to the brain.
When we had a dinner with another family whose son had SID, the mom had to closely monitor his food consumption because he would literally eat until he puked. They don't get the response to the brain's signal telling them they're full or need to toilet or even an injury in some cases.
My middle son was pulling on his socks sitting too close to a space heater when I noticed the side of his arm was turning pink. By the time I'd pulled him away, the skin was blistered & he simply said 'hot' before trying to wipe off the blisters.

Last edited:
Guest "It says online that you have these". TM bangs head against nearest wall.......o_O:rolleyes::eek::(

If it says "Online Only" does that mean it's only online?
giphy.gif

Im just thinking of the hassle of ordering to try it on. Its like they want to help them out but don't make them accessible to people without ordering online/ credit card for ordering.

What could be more accessible than having shit delivered to your doorstep?

Because kids with severe sensory issues can't even respond to their body's signals to the brain.
When we had a dinner with another family whose son had SID, the mom had to closely monitor his food consumption because he would literally eat until he puked. They don't get the response to the brain's signal telling them they're full or need to toilet or even an injury in some cases.
My middle son was pulling on his socks sitting too close to a space heater when I noticed the side of his arm was turning pink. By the time I'd pulled him away, the skin was blistered & he simply said 'hot' before trying to wipe off the blisters.
Don't feed the trolls.

It's a stupid simple concept that someone with a brain based disability is going to get faulty signals back and forth between the nervous system and the rest of the body, so people understand they just want to pretend they don't. I always thought it ridiculous when people pretend to not understand that certain sensations can't be felt due to faulty wiring in the brain. Equally ridiculous when people who would get sensory overload someone with severe body odor and raunchy breath in their face screaming pretend to not understand that faulty wiring in the brain can make a sound or a smell or a color so overwhelming that it can't be handled. Um, folks, not a hard concept, I know you get it, you just think it's fashionable to be in the "beat the disability out of the kid in the name of discipline" crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back