Archived Challenge upward

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least you have room to walk but the shelves leaning up like that are a hella safety hazard.
Looks a lot like mine did except they made me keep my signing down at the end, so no shelves on the back wall it was all the huge signs and the shelves on the right had the rest with the backer paper.

Trip and fall

This actually happened in our store. Someone got hurt so the fixture room is now spotless and always locked. Have to call an ETL or SrTL to unlock fixture room or equipment room due to the loss of so much equipment. Actually has lasted longer than i thought.

I've tried partnering with AP. That lasted a week. Then we had a visit and they flexed seasonal and dumped like 20 shelves on tubs in there and pegs in baskets. They tried to say it was presentation but I showed the STL the strips in the shelves. It didn't help... I've cleaned that room, myself, 4 times now. The last time was in October 2015. The last time I cleaned it. I literally removed 10 tubs and carts! I don't even know how it all fit in there. I've tried calling out ETLs. Nope. They just say they will take care of it and push it in there and forget it. Lost cause.
Those sectioned tubs looks really useful.

The signing tank?
Very handy indeed, never went anywhere without it.

We have a similar "plano tub" buried somewhere in our fixture room. It hasn't seen the light of day (or night) since plano went from overnight to 4AM.

We also have two tubs that each have a divided shelf thing on top. We usually use them for softlines pulls. I doubt you can still order the divided shelf things.

View attachment 1756 I've tried partnering with AP. That lasted a week. Then we had a visit and they flexed seasonal and dumped like 20 shelves on tubs in there and pegs in baskets. They tried to say it was presentation but I showed the STL the strips in the shelves. It didn't help... I've cleaned that room, myself, 4 times now. The last time was in October 2015. The last time I cleaned it. I literally removed 10 tubs and carts! I don't even know how it all fit in there. I've tried calling out ETLs. Nope. They just say they will take care of it and push it in there and forget it. Lost cause.

What is the order number on those cool red Tubs!

Plano tub maybe no longer available. The newer stores may not have them. My store has one & collects dust in the fixture room.

Plano tub maybe no longer available. The newer stores may not have them. My store has one & collects dust in the fixture room.

I'll trade you 300 Cosmestics Hook & Hangs, for some reason they sent us an entire Pallet of them..

I was thinking how useful (not to mention cost-cutting) a Target-Like-Craigslist app would be to have between stores that have excess of crap, but less of other crap.

I kept a spotless fixture room for a year by putting a chain and bike lock on the door.

Each morning I would set up a cart with a ration of fixtures and that was their fixture allowance for the day. They had to plan ahead and ask for more for projects, otherwise, too bad.

I left a key with Ap but Noone ever went and used it.

The bitching stopped after about a month. There was a small revolt where they piled fixtures outside the door, but cleaning up a small pile was laughable compared to spending 12 hours a month cleaning the whole thing.

I found the solution to keeping the fixture room clean... took me a while but once I got my LOG on board with my idea, it stayed clean for a looong time. I basically metal recycled anything the Plano team didn't bring back and then made sure my team was putting away our stuf. It was great until we ran out of shelves for one of our seasonal sets. So we set what we could and I had already ordered new shelves in advanced. While we were waiting for it to come in we had a regional visit. The STL flipped. "How come this isn't totally set?"
"Well there are no shelves and every store in the district is tight on shelves because it's the rear seasonal set. We just have to wait till the shelves get in or you can try and get SAP to expedite the shelves."
Needless to say, the shelves didn't come in on time. They stopped dumping shelves for a long time afterward. Mainly because there were none to dump. Fast forward some more I'm PMT now so I stopped caring so much. But I still metal recycle anything people leave in the tunnels.

View attachment 1756 I've tried partnering with AP. That lasted a week. Then we had a visit and they flexed seasonal and dumped like 20 shelves on tubs in there and pegs in baskets. They tried to say it was presentation but I showed the STL the strips in the shelves. It didn't help... I've cleaned that room, myself, 4 times now. The last time was in October 2015. The last time I cleaned it. I literally removed 10 tubs and carts! I don't even know how it all fit in there. I've tried calling out ETLs. Nope. They just say they will take care of it and push it in there and forget it. Lost cause.

This is immaculate compared to some I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back