Archived Change shelf capacities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team, can anyone tell me how to change the capacity a given location can hold in the system? We have a certain product that we have 24 on the floor alone, but the inventory system states we have 11. I have tried a couple times to count update on the Research function of the MyDevice, but it tells me I have to change the capacity because I am "entering too high a number."
I have asked several people at my store, but no one seems to know. It probably doesn't help that I have only had closing shifts the last four weeks.

After you scan the item, hit Manage Inventory. This is where you go to update the floor count. To the left, you'll see the capacity in blue. Hit the capacity link and a pop-up will appear asking what the capacity should be.

You don't have to be in Research mode to change a capacity or update a floor count, only to adjust the on-hand count.

Is any of the product flexed? Or did the system underestimate the shelf capacity by a lot?

It takes a while to correct the counts. Just research that item twice a week for 2 weeks. I had some sound bars that had a way off counts. I made sure that everyone knew I was doing it, including ap. CYA.

Thanks all.
Is any of the product flexed? Or did the system underestimate the shelf capacity by a lot?
Nope, not flexed. It has 3 pegs, all with the same Salesfloor location code, so I'm guessing that's the problem. It says capacity of 18, yet 24 fit on one and a half pegs.

Went to count some portable speakers the other day. 3 fit on the shelf...."Capacity 24"

This is the kind of garbage that wastes so much time...maybe not with speakers but with other large volume sales items that create more work for backroom and sales floor because capacities are jacked up.

Instocks team/person should be watching for capacities that are off when they scan & changing them accordingly. But they only scan items that are empty or "critical low"s (less than the number of facings/pegs).

I might have missed this on another post, but I think it could be addressed accurately here.

If you fix the capacity on a location and then there's a revision, does the capacity reset if that DPCI's original location changes?

Gotta love the REVs location changes... but a good example is entertainment REVs. You update for Tune-In-Tuesday and move last week's new releases in-line. This shifts a lot of movies around. While I'm pushing I'll update capacities if I have actual backstock (a lot of capacities are higher than what can fit, mostly due to the extra thickness from keepers). This capacity change helps keep CAFs/Autos low too and ensures backstock is backstocked until sold.

But does the capacity get reset every week there's a new revision for that location?! Am I wasting my time updating those capacities?! Capacity changes are tedious to begin with... to think so many TMs on InStocks has been changing capacities and they might be reseting everytime a rev/pog happens... UGH!

Instocks team/person should be watching for capacities that are off when they scan & changing them accordingly. But they only scan items that are empty or "critical low"s (less than the number of facings/pegs).
We are now being told to "scan for depth". This is the crap for which people should be fired.

In Stocks are or should be only shooting Rigs, not actually scanning. POG should be fixing that as they set.

Who does your IS task list?

We are only to shoot Rigs then do 4x4 and leave at 4hrs. And fill end caps. Our floor is looking bare. Cause we are now refusing to scan anything unless asked. We had our hours raided and we were told this 4x4 was going to make it all better but it's been a complete failure. Add in we are the sales floor in the mornings cause Pricing and POG can't seem to work a phone or radio, we get jackshit done.

I might have missed this on another post, but I think it could be addressed accurately here.

If you fix the capacity on a location and then there's a revision, does the capacity reset if that DPCI's original location changes?

Gotta love the REVs location changes... but a good example is entertainment REVs. You update for Tune-In-Tuesday and move last week's new releases in-line. This shifts a lot of movies around. While I'm pushing I'll update capacities if I have actual backstock (a lot of capacities are higher than what can fit, mostly due to the extra thickness from keepers). This capacity change helps keep CAFs/Autos low too and ensures backstock is backstocked until sold.

But does the capacity get reset every week there's a new revision for that location?! Am I wasting my time updating those capacities?! Capacity changes are tedious to begin with... to think so many TMs on InStocks has been changing capacities and they might be reseting everytime a rev/pog happens... UGH!
Capacities reset to the defaults of a POG or Revision every time they are tied in so yes, entertainment capacities are reset practically every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back