Christmas Set / Early set notes

How are your guys Christmas set coming along? Since Target seem to lack early set notes (what's new) I thought we should make our own.

I found a few issues and things I wish I knew beforehand. But I'll list a few...

- Issues
Adult decor is 6 sections, but map only calls for 5. Had to find another spot for tinsel POG.

Ask to set a 1 back endcap in mini, but mini also has a sales planners for that same endcap.

Not enough backer paper as always! Had to steal from other depts.

There's definitely some spacing issues with gondolas again this year but we made it work without having to stick anything down the racetrack

- Wish I knew beforehand
Kid focal has a corrugate for the tree display. Does not need the white metal shelf topper.

Black illustrator shipper will be in LTO POG.

Did everyone get all their signing? I swear if I'm missing overhead again this year I'm gonna freak out.

Last edited:
We've always managed fine with gondola spacing so I'm not sure why they felt we needed to have one gondola stick out 3ft into the main aisle. I declined and had my PML place on the red line and then have the back gondola pushed back 1 1/2 with plenty of walkway space.

I have no idea if we're missing anything as we've got about 4 ISM pallets in the steel right now. Most of the seasonal stuff is on one, but I'm pretty sure there are some stragglers hiding from me. I know I'm missing the kitchen dinnerware focal ISM as I couldn't find it today.

Well shit, I should have waited to put the trees first, before the ISM for ornament boat...

Damn, I already did the ISM. But I do not have the trees in yet (but do have the ornaments) and I was told the ISM had to be done so it looks like I will be redoing it once the trees finally show up. 🙄

stress week in fulfillment, set TAT, set Family sleep that happens to be in fulfillment before set week. being told not to set empty... uhh yeah it'll never be set in that case, plus some of those ordering are only doing so because it's not set in store!! Once again corporate departments aren't communicating! Trying to capture every $ without thinking through the push of truck flow, set workload, & promotions.

Damn, I already did the ISM. But I do not have the trees in yet (but do have the ornaments) and I was told the ISM had to be done so it looks like I will be redoing it once the trees finally show up. 🙄

Same, didn't receive the tree yet but saw the instructions on the ornaments. If the holes on the tree bracket are low enough we might be ok. =|

I hate all the special style sets because the team usually comes in at 4am gets everything set and put on the floor and then 20 minutes into the day its all in sfs and the floor is empty. Or its hideous and we dont sell anything.

We've always managed fine with gondola spacing so I'm not sure why they felt we needed to have one gondola stick out 3ft into the main aisle. I declined and had my PML place on the red line and then have the back gondola pushed back 1 1/2 with plenty of walkway space.

I have no idea if we're missing anything as we've got about 4 ISM pallets in the steel right now. Most of the seasonal stuff is on one, but I'm pretty sure there are some stragglers hiding from me. I know I'm missing the kitchen dinnerware focal ISM as I couldn't find it today.
There are actually 3 gondolas that extended 2ft into the racetrack and that’s by design

We got slammed with Trim, mini, and bullseye. Within 3 days. Over 40 pallets of bullshit. Started with a Friday double and just kept coming through the weekend. Ridiculous. Monday stress test. Monday double with with C&S. Also didn’t get the tree yet. ISM came in bursts. Freight makes is impossible to process truck and execute sets efficiently. Why did we get mini freight before trim?!

Anyone else bothered by the tree tables being on the floor? I rather put the shortest legs we have on the tables to stop people walking on them.

There are actually 3 gondolas that extended 2ft into the racetrack and that’s by design

Yeah, they said the same thing for BTS and I ignored that too.

Anyone else bothered by the tree tables being on the floor? I rather put the shortest legs we have on the tables to stop people walking on them.

Yes, tripping hazard waiting to happen. The way our guests drive the motorized cart around the tables will not stay aligned for long. How are these supposed to be powered safely if the tables are on the floor? We only have one power pole that reaches to the floor.

Yeah, they said the same thing for BTS and I ignored that too.

Yes, tripping hazard waiting to happen. The way our guests drive the motorized cart around the tables will not stay aligned for long. How are these supposed to be powered safely if the tables are on the floor? We only have one power pole that reaches to the floor.

I think you put the power pole on the gondola behind it and run extension cable for the power strips.

I don't like that were putting small display trees on regular shelves. Can't wait for it to go missing ...
I’m zip tying mine down.

also, does anyone understand what the shippers are for on the front porch focal? Is it those weird trees that are bunched up next to the signs?

I’m zip tying mine down.

also, does anyone understand what the shippers are for on the front porch focal? Is it those weird trees that are bunched up next to the signs?
If its the ones I'm thinking of we put them on the sides of the endcaps on the back and put the sprigs in them. We just covered the labels on the base deck and put adhesive labels on the shippers.There was one for the front too for the doormats

Not enough backer paper as always! Had to steal from other depts.

- Wish I knew beforehand
Kid focal has a corrugate for the tree display. Does not need the white metal shelf topper.

Black illustrator shipper will be in LTO POG.

Did everyone get all their signing? I swear if I'm missing overhead again this year I'm gonna freak out.
-When we don't get enough paper we prioritize the parts with pegs so we can still set. Stinks but we can still move forward some. BTW we got more paper in on Tues. I wish they would send the backer separate and early so we could set. I HATE being in an all consuming, bat outta heck rush to get everything condensed, set and pushed all the while dealing with the "Do you have this specific costume?" guest.

-We thought it needed the shelf too. Would have made more sense since we had them out from Halloween anyway.

-I am so happy you posted about the Black Illustrator shippers because we had NOOOO clue where they went. Since the ISM doesn't scan anymore:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:!

-Our signing has be coming in late and a pallet here and another a day or two later...maybe.

No CSE and I am hoping we get it since we never got the halloween one (thanks CSE retrofit)

Do you have Target email? I just signed up for Ceva Portal to track upcoming signing. Don't know why I didn't do this sooner. It tells you a week in advance when and what is coming in the signing pallet.

Back