Christmas transition

There is no way all of this is going to be 100% by end of day today. Never gonna happen. My fillback help today are all newbies, one is a whistler which means you know he ain't working fast, another doesn't get how to use the zebra quickly. My other two are decent, but I'm using them to finish up setting and help with decorating display trees. Still pallets in the back to get worked out plus a pallet of displays I don't think will make it out today either. 48 hours my ass!!

There is no way all of this is going to be 100% by end of day today. Never gonna happen. My fillback help today are all newbies, one is a whistler which means you know he ain't working fast, another doesn't get how to use the zebra quickly. My other two are decent, but I'm using them to finish up setting and help with decorating display trees. Still pallets in the back to get worked out plus a pallet of displays I don't think will make it out today either. 48 hours my ass!!
Yup! I agree with you 100%! Started on Tuesday just to get Halloween condensed into Mini. Obviously no help from anyone in the store. Had to spend presentation hours to do it. Continued setting/condensing on Wednesday along with hearing about pallets upon pallets of TAT rolling in off the truck. I think in total if you don't include the pallets of displays, we pushed 8 pallets Thursday night into Friday and then brought in 24 pallets Friday into Saturday. When I left at 6am today there was 10 pallets left. I think their idea of 48 hours transition is asinine! I'm pretty sure by 3 am we started half assing everything.
I can't wait till Black Friday prep (sarcastically laughing on the inside)! 🙄

Ones a whistler 😂😂

Like the North Pole and Winter Blush focals? There were label strips for the pogs that said which trees. NP gets box 42 and WB gets box 45 (iirc).

I think he meant the red shipper in front of the table lot. I believe I had box 2 4 5 and 1 more I don't remember the number. I recommend push all your trees first in order of schematics to see what fits where, then place the labels where the trees are. Although there were like 2 big trees that wouldnt fit, I just stack them on top of another tree.

Ones a whistler 😂😂

Seriously. It was all I could do to not tell him to STFU and work faster!

I think he meant the red shipper in front of the table lot. I believe I had box 2 4 5 and 1 more I don't remember the number. I recommend push all your trees first in order of schematics to see what fits where, then place the labels where the trees are. Although there were like 2 big trees that wouldnt fit, I just stack them on top of another tree.

This is exactly how I had the trees done. Fill 'em in first and place the labels to match them.

You got no help? I finished mine yesterday, 8 people setting overnight, and I had 4 extra pushers that came in at 6 am to 2:30

You got no help? I finished mine yesterday, 8 people setting overnight, and I had 4 extra pushers that came in at 6 am to 2:30

We had maybe 8 people total between o/n and dayside. TL wanted me dayside to run things since she was o/n so that limited what could be set at night since she was the only one who could. We would have been better off if I could have lit a fire under everyone's ass to get the point across that speed was a must today. My ETL and SD were happy enough with everything that was finished at least and ok with what I plan on finishing up Monday morning.

We never figured out what the "Drive Time" bins were for. Any help?

I only got one of those. I was going to wait til everything's filled in and see if I can use it somewhere since there was no direction I could find for it.

Also have an extra premium wrap basedeck bin I'm not sure if I need or not. Doesn't fit in my premium wrap pog.

Also have an extra premium wrap basedeck bin I'm not sure if I need or not. Doesn't fit in my premium wrap pog.

Same. I saw drive time on the map. It looks like a pallet.

We ordered tables, but no ETA (site said 11 days 😂) so might be moving some tables and putting up some go do flats. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not to mention the insane amount of costumes and push still left. Ugh.

I feel laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

75491801_1110680445937920_1162938304643989504_n.jpg

I somehow got out of setting seasonal last year, and forgot what a joy it is. The baptism of glitter and flocking. Alternating between sneezing and feeling like you need to sneeze. Spending an hour putting up monogrammed/named ornaments. Guests asking if we have the things that haven't been set yet (yes, but they're buried on a pallet and I'm not digging them out for you, Karen, come back tomorrow or put in an OPU order once the aisles get set for good)...

lmao there's so many fucking trees on the table that I couldn't flock them.

They are indeed a British snack company recently acquired by Frito-Lay. I never heard of them before now.

I am, however, very familiar with the Scottish company Walkers Shortbread. :D So much so that I was once addicted to their Heather Honey Oat biscuits, which I used to get at the Starbucks in our store years before I worked here. I would come in and buy every packet; then I started ordering them directly from the company.

Back