Archived Clock in

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new! I just finished orientation. But I didn't get my team member number. I contacted HR for many times. But they are day off. How do I clock in or clock out on my first training day?

I am new! I just finished orientation. But I didn't get my team member number. I contacted HR for many times. But they are day off. How do I clock in or clock out on my first training day?
Check your paperwork again. Ask the lod for help. You will be filling out a paper form until you get into the system.

You didn’t get a temporary discount card?

No, I didn't. Is the temporary discount card given the same day you have orientation?
Mine was, not sure about all stores :eek: I’m sure it’ll be ok though, back when I first started a lot of people couldn’t remember their team member number or didn’t know it and the LOD was always able to help them

Mine was, not sure about all stores :eek: I’m sure it’ll be ok though, back when I first started a lot of people couldn’t remember their team member number or didn’t know it and the LOD was always able to help them
Thank you for your help. I will ask my LOD tomorrow.

On your first day get with the leader in charge. They will help you fill out a punch correction form and may be able to look up your number to write down. They can also leave a note for hr to get back to you about your card.

ASANTS. My store doesn't give the TM # during orientation, the LOD helps you clock in on your first day.

Just FYI since you're new here too, ASANTS = All stores are not the same.

You'll see that term thrown around a lot around here when we say, "well at my store..." ;)

Welcome and have fun!
Oh,I understand now! ASSNTS = All stores are not the same. It's so interesting haha. Thank you! I will enjoy myself for tomorrow training:D The trainer told me it is the computer and cashier training. This job is my first job. Do you know what does this training consist of?

You’ll do some training on the computer, learning about things like alcohol sales (if allowed in your state), cleaning spills, and some other things. Then a trainer will walk you through using the register and how to process different forms of payment. After that, you’ll shadow them or another veteran cashier. Once they feel you have a good grasp on it, they should put you on a register and observe while you check.

Ask questions if you have them. It’s okay to be nervous interacting with customers. A lot of people are anxious at the beginning, but you should quickly break through that. Your feet will probably hurt after work. Ice them and buy some good shoes, or good insoles. That pain will go away in a month or so.

You’ll do some training on the computer, learning about things like alcohol sales (if allowed in your state), cleaning spills, and some other things. Then a trainer will walk you through using the register and how to process different forms of payment. After that, you’ll shadow them or another veteran cashier. Once they feel you have a good grasp on it, they should put you on a register and observe while you check.

Ask questions if you have them. It’s okay to be nervous interacting with customers. A lot of people are anxious at the beginning, but you should quickly break through that. Your feet will probably hurt after work. Ice them and buy some good shoes, or good insoles. That pain will go away in a month or so.
Yes, I am very nervous now because I have no work experience. I will try myself relax tomorrow. Thank you for your good suggestions! I will wear better shoes so that I can feel more comfortable when working. Thank you again for you consideration!

Don’t worry my little noob, it’s easy as hell clocking in.

Press start work > type code
Press start lunch > type code
Press end lunch > type code
Press end shift or whatever > type code

Those four are all you need to know.

Also, if you have to use a walkie to call the LOD to let them know you're there for training, you just grab one, hold down the button for the second, and say something like "LOD, this is [name], I'm here for my training." That was the thing I was most scared of on my first day, haha.

You’d have to do a punch correction in MyTime Self Service through Workbench. There should be an HR Team Member there to help you do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back