Archived Closing checklist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight is my first time closing and I’m not sure if I’ll be with anyone to show me what to do. Can someone give me a rough checklist of what I should have done by the end? I know every store’s different but I’d rather have more information than not enough

Based on your previous postings I’m assuming you’re closing the lanes as a guest advocate? Did you ask your TL on what you should be doing? Every store is different so it depends on how many lanes/what your store has as to what your routine should be!

My closing routine

Around 6pm I go close the registers at the pharmacy since they close early at my store and I don’t want to forget later in the night. You can do this before printing the slip so any time after the pharmacy is closed is fine.

They have changed the way that the money works in stores with cash recyclers, so now at my store the start funds for each register are “register-specific” and are kept in the bags for each register which are left in the safe. Get with the closing TL/ETL to get these bags for you before you start closing registers, you will need them. The bags with start funds for guest service, optical, and pharmacy stay in the safe because these registers do not get money at night (ASANTS?).

Around an hour before the store closes I will go and print the slip (K4 -> K8) and then go over and close food ave and Starbucks registers, then start closing all of the lanes (I’ll leave a couple registers open) and then close one set of self checkout. Then I’ll close electronics, then the other set of SCO at my store and guest service. Make sure that you fill the registers with change if they need them (add coin, tap for each roll you are adding). Checks, coupons, and any other slips (post void, tax exempt, shipt etc) go in their corresponding bucket/envelope. Once the store is closed I’ll go back and close the remaining 1 or 2 checklanes I left open. Make sure you have your brown canvas change fund bags. DO NOT LEAVE ANY MONEY OR BAGS OUT AT ANY POINT. Money must always be locked in either a locked drawer or in the cash cart.

I don’t know how optical works at other stores but at my store they close their own register and drop off their bag and keys to the closing guest advocate so make sure you have that as well (#46).

Make sure that any guest advocate with keys drops them off to you before they go. Make sure that the registers are clear of reshop, equipment, and hangers.

Just take your time and concentrate and it will be fine. Follow the slip and you will know everything you have to close

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back