Archived Compliance Violations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started working for Target almost 2 years ago. After 8 months or so, I ended up hitting compliance. The higher ups made a big deal about it, I had to sign a paper, and I was told I could get fired for 3 compliance violations. I transferred to a new store about 9 months ago, and had a compliance violation last week (I forgot that I clocked in 5 minutes early for a 4am shift and was trying to get a visual adjacency finished before lunch). I have a two-part question: Do compliance violations come with you if you transfer stores? and Do you automatically get fired for 3 compliance violations?

I don't think so. But, make every effort to avoid it. Stay under 6 hours, no matter what. Depending your state.

Thats a strict store. More than likely that store is trying to find a excuse to scare or terminate people.

Compliance issues are usually tracked by the store themselves, and its usually within 90 days or a year time period.

A lot of stores try to go with the 5 hour method if you are scheduled a lunch. So take lunch before the 5th hour no matter if told to or not. But do communicated to the rest of the team you going to lunch before compliance.

We get talked to but never threatened like that.
Sounds like they are either looking to get rid of certain people or have had a major problem with compliance and have gone into crisis mode.

I've been threatened in the same way, but I'm pretty sure my store just forgot about it or something because I've done it several times since and nobody's said anything about it. Then again, I transfer between two stores often.

They are strict about it because its the law, you can not work more than 5 hours with out taking a meal. I seen some of the best performers at my store get fired for hitting compliance.

Stole the words right out of my mouth! I just put someone on a Final Warning due to hitting compliance 4 times this month!!!!!!!!!!! It's roughly a $5,000 fine for every minute your in compliance. (in my state anyways.) Play it safe and take lunch at 5 hours! But where was your LOD logged into the PDA to receive alerts?

They are strict about it because its the law, you can not work more than 5 hours with out taking a meal. I seen some of the best performers at my store get fired for hitting compliance.

Stole the words right out of my mouth! I just put someone on a Final Warning due to hitting compliance 4 times this month!!!!!!!!!!! It's roughly a $5,000 fine for every minute your in compliance. (in my state anyways.) Play it safe and take lunch at 5 hours! But where was your LOD logged into the PDA to receive alerts?

Like I tell my team, "It's not my job to tell you when to go to lunch. We have your lunch scheduled and you know the rule. Take your lunch on time. It is NOT the LOD's job to tell you. We have the LPDA as a tool to remind you if necessary, but it's not our job."

STLinMaking....in one week????? Holy crap. We won't have 4 total in 6 months. LOL

At my store, you are scheduled for lunch after 4 hours. They schedule every 2 hours for you. If you are working 2:30-10:30, 1st break is 4:30, lunch is 6:30, 2nd break is 8:30.

The only time there is a snag with that is working electronics. When closing, an LOD is supposed to cover breaks and lunch. Sometimes, they are way late to get back there to cover. I have never went on compliance because of it (I have been close several times), but I did speak to my ETL-HR about it. They told me that if I were late going to lunch and it was because an LOD was late covering me, I would not be put on compliance because it wasn't my fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back