Archived Contact Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to get more hours:
Secrets To Getting As Many Hours As Possible:

1. Don't call out unless absolutely necessary.
2. Show up for your shift on time and stay your entire shift.
3. Take only 15 minute breaks and 30 minute lunch breaks.
4. Ask to cross train in as many areas as possible.
5. Make it known no job is below you.
6. Do your tasks accurately, quickly, and cleanly.
7. Be friendly and helpful to all guests, TMs, and leadership.
8. Bring problems and other questionable situations to the attention of leadership, and, when possible, suggest solutions.
9. When on the clock, stay off your cell phone, unless you are using it to help a guest.
10. Always be moving on the sales floor or in the backroom.
11. Don't stand around talking with other TMs or your friends who come into the store unless it is relevant to Target business.
12. Volunteer to help train new TMs.
13. Actively participate during store huddles.
14. If the front end calls for backup, be the first to respond on the walkie and the first to get to a register.
15. Open up your availability as much as you can.
16. While at work don't bitch and moan about your job, its tasks, your hours, leadership, fellow TM, guests, or, Target in general. Also, keep complaints about your personal life to a minimum.

Following the above as much as possible, may not get you as many hours as you would like, but will get you as many hours as possible.
Thanks
BoxCutter

From targetpayandbenefits.com:
Who is eligible?
You are eligible to participate in the TGT 401(k) after you
meet the following requirements:
• You are classified by Target as an employee; and
• You are age 18 or older; and
• You complete and have been paid for 1,000 or more
hours of employment; however, if you have one full
calendar year in which you have no hours of employment
and if you previously did not complete at least 1,000
hours of employment, then you must complete 1,000
hours of employment during any subsequent period of
employment without having another full calendar year in
which you have no hours of employment.

Once you are eligible you are automatically enrolled at a 5% (the maximum match) contribution, though you will definitely want to go in and change the distribution. There is no real incentive to get Target stock, and you would generally be advised against getting it at all. The managed funds should be fine for most people. Make sure you change the company match to your preferred fund otherwise I believe it defaults entirely to company stock.

Last edited:
That's helpful!

Was it supposed to go in this thread?

From targetpayandbenefits.com:
Who is eligible?
You are eligible to participate in the TGT 401(k) after you
meet the following requirements:
• You are classified by Target as an employee; and
• You are age 21 or older; and
• You complete and have been paid for 1,000 or more
hours of employment; however, if you have one full
calendar year in which you have no hours of employment
and if you previously did not complete at least 1,000
hours of employment, then you must complete 1,000
hours of employment during any subsequent period of
employment without having another full calendar year in
which you have no hours of employment.

Once you are eligible you are automatically enrolled at a 5% (the maximum match) contribution, though you will definitely want to go in and change the distribution. There is no real incentive to get Target stock, and you would generally be advised against getting it at all. The managed funds should be fine for most people. Make sure you change the company match to your preferred fund otherwise I believe it defaults entirely to company stock.
The age was lowered to 18.

Changing workcenter:
Yeah there's no way you're going to get developed in that role. At the very least you need to be working closer with the O/N ETLs so that you can get some recognition. I've heard those ETLs tend to play favorites though so I don't how feasible it would be to get an O/N TL role. As others have stated your best (and quickest) way to develop is to go back dayside. Work in a modernization center (e.g. Beauty, Electronics).

Based on what corporate's interested in right now, Electronics would be the easiest way to gain recognition, as in it has the most visible metrics storewide. The role and its duties are not easy. You have to really know your stuff and know how to close a sale. However, if you can pick up on that and get high numbers in certain metrics like Square Trade, your DTL will notice.

In Beauty they're more focused on guest service and becoming more like a Sephora where you have dedicated TMs there who really know the products and can make recommendations to the guests. The metrics here aren't as transparent. Here they're looking for higher sales comps and lower shortage. In Electronics, the metrics are ties to each TM so that leadership can easily see who's performing. In Beauty the metrics are just tied to the department, so you'll have to be proactive at getting recognition. The best way would be to really push the surveys and develop a relationship with your GE. Ask them to forward/print out all positive surveys that mention you so that you can show your ETL. They should be doing this already but I know many GEs that just respond to the surveys wen needed and leave it at that. If you can land even 1 survey each shift, that would put you leagues ahead of most other TMs.

The easiest leadership (more like semi-leadership) to land is GSA. The role itself isn't great but if done correctly, it's the most visible leadership position in the store (along with GSTL). How well the front is handled affects the LOD duties. So if you can handle the front end well enough that LOD can focus on the rest of the store, they're going to start wanting you for their team. At my store the GSA position is like a test run. Many of my GSAs end up getting transferred to other teams either directly into a TL position or just as a TM but with intentions by ETLs to quickly develop into a TL.

Kind of a long response but feel free to message me if you have any more questions.

LearningTree

How to quit on workday:
Go on Workday.
Go to your profile.
Go to the 3 dots in the upper right corner.
Click "job change"
Click "resign"
Thanks
Yetive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back