COVID-19 Coronavirus...

Received this email from Brian Cornell (to my non-work email, gonna assume... everyone signed up on Target.com received it)

A Note to Our Guests About the Coronavirus from CEO Brian Cornell
Over the past few days, so many of you have been in our stores and on our website stocking up on all the essential things you need to keep your families healthy and safe.

I want you to know that your health and safety is our first priority, too.

We’ve always taken great pride in our clean and well-run stores, and we know this is more important than ever right now. On top of our daily cleaning procedures, we’re adding hours to each store’s payroll to make our routines even more rigorous. This means more time will be spent cleaning our stores, including cleaning surfaces like checklanes and touchscreens at least every 30 minutes. Like many others, we’re taking guidance from the CDC, which recommends regular cleaning as one of the most important preventive measures we can take. And, out of an abundance of caution, we’ve temporarily stopped food sampling in our stores.

We’re also staffing up our teams to support in-demand services like Order Pickup and Drive Up.

And of course, we’re committed to taking care of our team. For weeks, we’ve provided them with up-to-the-moment guidance and information so they can keep themselves and their families safe. We’re encouraging sick team members to stay home and asking our teams to travel only if it’s business critical. And, to help support our team in real-time, we’ve set up a forum where we’re sharing information and taking questions 24/7.

Speaking of our team, they are working around the clock to make sure that the products you want are available when you need them. As demand for cleaning products, medicine, pantry stock-up items and more remains high, we’re sending more products to our stores as quickly as possible. And this weekend, we started to limit the number of key items per purchase, which will allow more guests to get what they need.

At the center of our company’s purpose is a commitment to help all families, and it’s something we take to heart in good times and bad. This is why we’ll be working hard to keep our stores open so we can be there to support you and your families.​
Brian Cornell​

Funny ain't none of that happening in my store. That would require leadership to lead.

I was just called to see if I wanted extra hours to go in and clean. 🙃 We don’t have any confirmed cases in my entire state but fuck yeah, I’ll go in and clean!
Cleaning every day is mandatory. In HR we are responsible for the lockers, breakroom, computers, etc. The front end has to do the register areas, SCO, carts, etc.

Received this email from Brian Cornell (to my non-work email, gonna assume... everyone signed up on Target.com received it)

A Note to Our Guests About the Coronavirus from CEO Brian Cornell
Over the past few days, so many of you have been in our stores and on our website stocking up on all the essential things you need to keep your families healthy and safe.

I want you to know that your health and safety is our first priority, too.

We’ve always taken great pride in our clean and well-run stores, and we know this is more important than ever right now. On top of our daily cleaning procedures, we’re adding hours to each store’s payroll to make our routines even more rigorous. This means more time will be spent cleaning our stores, including cleaning surfaces like checklanes and touchscreens at least every 30 minutes. Like many others, we’re taking guidance from the CDC, which recommends regular cleaning as one of the most important preventive measures we can take. And, out of an abundance of caution, we’ve temporarily stopped food sampling in our stores.

We’re also staffing up our teams to support in-demand services like Order Pickup and Drive Up.

And of course, we’re committed to taking care of our team. For weeks, we’ve provided them with up-to-the-moment guidance and information so they can keep themselves and their families safe. We’re encouraging sick team members to stay home and asking our teams to travel only if it’s business critical. And, to help support our team in real-time, we’ve set up a forum where we’re sharing information and taking questions 24/7.

Speaking of our team, they are working around the clock to make sure that the products you want are available when you need them. As demand for cleaning products, medicine, pantry stock-up items and more remains high, we’re sending more products to our stores as quickly as possible. And this weekend, we started to limit the number of key items per purchase, which will allow more guests to get what they need.

At the center of our company’s purpose is a commitment to help all families, and it’s something we take to heart in good times and bad. This is why we’ll be working hard to keep our stores open so we can be there to support you and your families.​
Brian Cornell​

Monkey see, monkey do. I received a similar email from Best Buy hours before the one from Cornhole.

Truthful version:

Over the past few days, so many of you have been in our stores and on our website stocking up on all the essential things you need to keep your families healthy and safe sell on the secondary market.

I want you to know that your health and safety is our first last priority, too.

We’ve always taken great pride in our clean and well-run stores, understaffed, underzoned & understocked stores due to hour cuts, and we know this is more important than ever right now we will continue to cut hours as much as possible to try to keep profits up once the bottom drops out of everything. On top of our daily rare-to-nonexistent cleaning procedures, we’re adding hours to each store’s payroll to make our routines even more rigorous that stores will likely not use to clean, but to try to catch up on freight. This means you should bring your own disinfecting wipes and wipe down the touchscreens and any other surface you might want to touch yourself more time will be spent cleaning our stores, including cleaning surfaces like checklanes and touchscreens at least every 30 minutes. Like many others, we’re taking ignoring guidance from the CDC, which recommends regular cleaning as one of the most important preventive measures we can take. And, out of an abundance of caution because it eats into our profits just a bit, we’ve temporarily stopped food sampling in our stores.

We’re also staffing up our teams pulling from other areas of the store to support in-demand services like Order Pickup and Drive Up.

And of course, we’re committed to taking care advantage of our team. For weeks, we’ve provided them the few people who have time and/or access to Workbench, with up-to-the-moment generic, obvious guidance and information so they can keep themselves and their families safe, except for offering sick time for those who are sick, which is the one thing that would actually help. We’re encouraging sick team members to stay home not giving TMs sick time so they can stay home and pay rent, and asking our teams to travel only if it’s business critical. And, to help support our team in real-time, we’ve set up a forum where we’re sharing information and taking questions 24/7.

Speaking of our team, they are working around the clock from 4-9am, if you're lucky, to make sure that the products you want are available when you need them. As demand for cleaning products, medicine, pantry stock-up items and more remains high, we’re sending more products to our stores as quickly as possible. And this weekend, we started to limit the number of key items per purchase, which will allow more guests to get what they need.

At the center of our company’s purpose is a commitment to help all families maximizing shareholder value, and it’s something we take to heart in good times and bad. This is why we’ll be working hard to keep our stores open so we can be there to support you and your families take advantage of your fear to line the pockets of upper management and our shareholders.

Truthful version:

Over the past few days, so many of you have been in our stores and on our website stocking up on all the essential things you need to keep your families healthy and safe sell on the secondary market.

We’ve always taken great pride in our clean and well-run stores, understaffed, underzoned & understocked stores due to hour cuts, and we know this is more important than ever right now we will continue to cut hours as much as possible to try to keep profits up once the bottom drops out of everything. On top of our daily rare-to-nonexistent cleaning procedures, we’re adding hours to each store’s payroll to make our routines even more rigorous that stores will likely not use to clean, but to try to catch up on freight. This means you should bring your own disinfecting wipes and wipe down the touchscreens and any other surface you might want to touch yourself more time will be spent cleaning our stores, including cleaning surfaces like checklanes and touchscreens at least every 30 minutes. Like many others, we’re taking ignoring guidance from the CDC, which recommends regular cleaning as one of the most important preventive measures we can take. And, out of an abundance of caution because it eats into our profits just a bit, we’ve temporarily stopped food sampling in our stores.

We’re also staffing up our teams pulling from other areas of the store to support in-demand services like Order Pickup and Drive Up.

And of course, we’re committed to taking care advantage of our team. For weeks, we’ve provided them the few people who have time and/or access to Workbench, with up-to-the-moment generic, obvious guidance and information so they can keep themselves and their families safe, except for offering sick time for those who are sick, which is the one thing that would actually help. We’re encouraging sick team members to stay home not giving TMs sick time so they can stay home and pay rent, and asking our teams to travel only if it’s business critical. And, to help support our team in real-time, we’ve set up a forum where we’re sharing information and taking questions 24/7.

Speaking of our team, they are working around the clock from 4-9am, if you're lucky, to make sure that the products you want are available when you need them. As demand for cleaning products, medicine, pantry stock-up items and more remains high, we’re sending more products to our stores as quickly as possible. And this weekend, we started to limit the number of key items per purchase, which will allow more guests to get what they need.

At the center of our company’s purpose is a commitment to help all families maximizing shareholder value, and it’s something we take to heart in good times and bad. This is why we’ll be working hard to keep our stores open so we can be there to support you and your families take advantage of your fear to line the pockets of upper management and our shareholders.
Priceless! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Brian claimed "On top of our daily cleaning procedures, we’re adding hours to each store’s payroll to make our routines even more rigorous ..." That's not what I was told last night.

This is not meant to be a gratuitous, nasty cheap potshot at Mr. Cornell. The CEO of a large company faces a huge amount of decision making every day. Having gotten that out of the way, I am profoundly disappointed that Mr. Cornell and his Corporate Communications ghostwriters have been less than honest with team members as well as the public on this issue.

Brian claimed "On top of our daily cleaning procedures, we’re adding hours to each store’s payroll to make our routines even more rigorous ..." That's not what I was told last night.

This is not meant to be a gratuitous, nasty cheap potshot at Mr. Cornell. The CEO of a large company faces a huge amount of decision making every day. Having gotten that out of the way, I am profoundly disappointed that Mr. Cornell and his Corporate Communications ghostwriters have been less than honest with team members as well as the public on this issue.
ASANTS. My SD spent a good part of today on the phone trying to get people to come in to help clean. He didn't get many takers.

My ETL said we were getting extra hours this week, but that was because we're getting 3 doubles this week. Not sure if they added additional "cleaning" hours or not.

Truthful version:

Pulling to support OPU and SFS? In what opposite galaxy are you living in. They were trying to get us to ring guests today. With a que of 40 OPU orders(constant) and SFS hadn't even been touched. They still don't fucking get what we do is money in the bank. They only see us walking around all day..

Pulling to support OPU and SFS? In what opposite galaxy are you living in. They were trying to get us to ring guests today. With a que of 40 OPU orders(constant) and SFS hadn't even been touched. They still don't fucking get what we do is money in the bank. They only see us walking around all day..

Wow. Our store would never put flex on a register. They take flex super seriously at my store, to the point that they will empty the floor, including TLs, ETLs and the SD to pull, if needed. Usually we only see that a few times at the peak of Q4, but if flex gets behind it's literally all hands on deck.

ETA: But flex makes up a huge part of our sales, so that might be why. Not sure how it works at other stores.

I was just called to see if I wanted extra hours to go in and clean. 🙃 We don’t have any confirmed cases in my entire state but fuck yeah, I’ll go in and clean!

Same. I was given 16 hours between this week and next week to clean. Works for me, I had 26 hours this week and 30 next week, now at 34/38.

Yeah the ETL who called and offered them to me gave them to someone else and a TL texted me to tell me about it. I’m trying to not be petty about it but fuck. I only get 22/week and she’s going to play favorites? I’m going to be on the struggle bus for a while today..

That's super shitty.

I usually get about 22-ish a week as well, but I always try to pick up extra shifts so usually get more after doing that, but I worked today, so was called in to HR's office and the shifts were added while I was there so at least I know for sure that they were actually given to me.

Flex is THE most important team in our store. Our SD will pull sales floor, advocates and TL'S away to help with flex.

Wow. Our store would never put flex on a register. They take flex super seriously at my store, to the point that they will empty the floor, including TLs, ETLs and the SD to pull, if needed. Usually we only see that a few times at the peak of Q4, but if flex gets behind it's literally all hands on deck.

ETA: But flex makes up a huge part of our sales, so that might be why. Not sure how it works at other stores.

Yep I know, our TL wants nothing to do with us. His idea of helping us is grabbing a cart scanning into a batch and ditching it on the sales floor. Looks like he working but doing nothing really. Then will get on the radio about 30min to deadline who is going find that paused cart and finish it as he leaves for the day.

anybody ever watch this movie "Contagion" from 2011 starring Gwyneth Paltrow and Matt Damon.

Back