COVID-19 Coronavirus...

At work, professional sales environment, we are now greeting people with elbow bumps. A little awkward right now, but it seems more friendly than a traditional handshake. I wonder how long before (if ever) we go back to the traditional handshake.
A lot of musicians do the elbow bump because they have to protect their hands.

Re: handshakes - just don't. Unless someone's been on another planet the last couple of weeks, they'll probably appreciate you not shaking their hand just as much as you appreciate not shaking theirs. So many just automatically extend their hand in a business environment - no one should be doing that now. But they will because it's habit. Use something else; my favorite is a small namaste bow.
Re: large-group gatherings of 250 or more being banned - that's things like concerts, worship services, sporting events, etc. where people are sitting close together. It's not people shopping or working in an environment like we have. (Although in the hand soap section of that aisle, it has been getting a little crowded lately!)
Re: the inevitability of catching COVID-19 - maybe. But unless you're high-risk, it's very likely that it won't be a serious illness for you. Practicing good hand hygiene and social distancing will limit your exposure; other good health habits like staying hydrated and getting enough sleep will help your immune system stay strong so if you are exposed, you'll be well equipped to fight it off. If you do get sick, monitor your progress closely because it CAN - doesn't always! - get bad very quickly and you don't want to wait to get medical attention in that case. But keep in mind that even in countries that have been hard hit, not everyone gets it. So let's stay positive and not assume the worst.

On the flip side, how would one stop a panic at work if they are clearly sick but due to lifestyle, exposure and effect on the body it's certainly a cold? People gotta eat, people gotta keep a roof over their heads, people can't be sent home for every runny nose and cough.

On the flip side, how would one stop a panic at work if they are clearly sick but due to lifestyle, exposure and effect on the body it's certainly a cold? People gotta eat, people gotta keep a roof over their heads, people can't be sent home for every runny nose and cough.

I will NEVER forget the look on one of my coworkers faces when I tried to return to work Thursday, got sent home (caveat : "We can't MAKE you go home sick, but..." repeated over and over lol) while I was stocking up on some canned foods. He zipped by with an OPU cart, (works GM usually,) stopped short, and asked me if I was about to clock in and just shopping first. (A bit of an "Oh Yes Relief has ARRIVED" sorta vibe) and I said " I tried to work but, I'm still sick so.." and he jetissoned from the aisle yelling "YAH,. Go home Go home!"

I don't even know what i have but i don't think i have ever felt shittier or more humiliated. And I've had a lot of shitty humiliation in my lifetime 😹

Schools closed here thru mid-april, all gatherings of 200 or more banned.
A busy retail/grocery store probably has 200 or more people in it.. SMH
Are we gonna start doing head counts and limiting the number of people in the store?

we have confirmed community spread in my state now and literally all the cases in the state are in or around my area lol. cool. hopefully more people at work are taking this more seriously when i go in tomorrow, esp since we have so many over 60 people that work at my store.

90272321_1886236324841641_3739382425512312832_n.jpg

Yeah, because we totally have the best health care system.
Wait, no, that's probably somewhere like Norway. Ours is one of the worst among first world countries.
Beats the thirds and perhaps we’ll see some changes here. At least our govt isn’t suppressing vital info or nailing people into their homes.

Link to this? Seems stupid to work that way, since it's those companies that can actually afford it, and smaller companies that will struggle.

I originally heard about it on a Twitter thread by Ask a Manager's Alison Green, but it's confirmed here:

1584331635748.png

Interestingly, when I clocked in my TL was giving the low down on the new attendance/sick policies, and said Target could do more. When I asked her what, she said we could close stores to foot traffic and go all-drive up. So I'm not the only one who had that thought. Your store wouldn't need to be a drive up store now--as long as you have the Move app (or Go or whatever the hell the app is for drive up these days. I've lost track.), if all stores went to drive up only, people would be pulling up to the curb (not into the drive up spots) and orders can be staged wherever makes sense inside the store.

Back