Archived Cosmetics Transcend

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did you do to make cosmetics look presentable before you did transcend? We have so many holes and clearance that it looks really bad right now. Not sure when they are doing the reset but I need a plan to make it look better until they do.

Its going to look like crap for a bit. Just make sure its neat and clean, but its going to be empty cause you don't have product and won't get product until the reset.

After the reset make sure you go through and zone carefully and making sure you have all fixtures like pushers. As it gets filled from the truck, keep an eye out for shippers and get those out quickly. Watch for stuff mis-stocked on the wrong pegs. And labels make sure they have been slipped into the sleeves so your In-Stocks team can actually scan them.

Last edited:
We just got out fixture truck today. That was fun... Our set is in two weeks. Our Execution Guide says to split this up into two weeks (including hair, lotion and trial size), but I don't see how that's possible to do without leaving product in the back over the weekend, as EVERYTHING moves in my store.

Does anyone have any tips on de-merching the aisles? I saw that one store just took the shelves off and put them on flats. Another store just banded everything and threw it in shopping carts. Anyone have any "Do this" or "Don't do this" tips? I'm gonna lead the overnight team, and have a dayside crew to finish stocking and de-merch.

Thanks!

We just got out fixture truck today. That was fun... Our set is in two weeks. Our Execution Guide says to split this up into two weeks (including hair, lotion and trial size), but I don't see how that's possible to do without leaving product in the back over the weekend, as EVERYTHING moves in my store.

Does anyone have any tips on de-merching the aisles? I saw that one store just took the shelves off and put them on flats. Another store just banded everything and threw it in shopping carts. Anyone have any "Do this" or "Don't do this" tips? I'm gonna lead the overnight team, and have a dayside crew to finish stocking and de-merch.

Thanks!

I know my store did new fixture pallets by day and what they were going to work so the last stuff was at the back of the container and first stuff was at the front. De-merch I would use repacks, of say by brand, and even plastic bags for smalls if you need to. And maybe if possible label tubs with what brands are in it. That helped us find stuff that was in the back in the middle of the nightmare. Shelves, I see lots of them on pallets in shrink wrap.

It will come down to what you find works quickest and best.

We just got our pallets today,and we also set in two weeks. From reading this thread I am not looking forward to doing it. Im just glad we are going overnight to do it. Because another store in our district started theirs at 6am ,and it was a debacle.

We are finishing up tonight...Our demerchandisers used small divided wacos to hold merchandise...worked out well...

They reset lotion, facial wash, and Burt's Bees today. Finally done and it looks awesome!

We just got our pallets today,and we also set in two weeks. From reading this thread I am not looking forward to doing it. Im just glad we are going overnight to do it. Because another store in our district started theirs at 6am ,and it was a debacle.
That sounds like a terrible terrible idea to do Transcend at 6am. "Yeah, let's have half of HBA blown up for half the day! Great idea!"

I LOVE the finished result. It is beautiful! I am so thankful for how hard presentation team worked on the set.

We set ours in a week. A fixture crew built and installed everything overnight and the plano team followed behind setting. Then a small team stocked it 6am to 2ish.

That sounds like a terrible terrible idea to do Transcend at 6am. "Yeah, let's have half of HBA blown up for half the day! Great idea!"

I LOVE the finished result. It is beautiful! I am so thankful for how hard presentation team worked on the set.

Our plano team has been starting at 4AM this year, but during open hours, they stay in one valley for the day. We have a few plano-trained flow TMs who've been doing some of the work overnight, so that's helped a lot.

our store was one of the very first stores to do transend. After we transtioned this last time as the early set store, we ended up with 5 to 6 pallets of extra. (besides the full stock we kept for future replacements) We had 10,000 extra pegs hooks. We tried to offer our parts to other stores that were going to transend for the first time, but our logistics etl was getting upset that we were using too much space in recieving, threw everything in our electronics dumpster.

The time frame depends. If your store already has converted to Destination Beauty, then this Transcend is shorter. If your store needs both, then its a longer process.

I don't like that they moves Boots No 7 out of cosmetics to opposite lotion. Is it like this everywhere?

In my store cosmetics is A1-5, and the back wall behind these aisles. Boots was in A6 opposite complexion care. It is now in A14 opposite lotion with the "spa" products. It seems very out of place. The only thing I can think of is that it is popular so they're making guests walk more of the aisles before they get to it.

It actually holds up really well. I was surprised as well, but ours still looks fantastic after 18 months. If your stores didn't receive any, you'll want to order the plastic covers for the signage. They're essentially little screen protectors that are designed to cover the signs and you can peel them off if guests decide to test the makeup on the fixture. It's way better than trying to wash them off every set.

Probably the smartest thing Target decided to do.

ETL-Sales Floor said he would order a new box every month XD

our STL walked around ripping them off because they thought they "came on the shelves" and needed to be removed. when told that they were actually carefully applied to all the shelves they responded with "well it looks ugly anyway".....then further explanation about how ugly it will really look when covered with makeup and nailpolish, they replied "ugh, can't you just order extra shelves? i'd rather just replace it when dirty"

i'm glad someone at our store is allowed to walk around with an IDGAF attitude......

It actually holds up really well. I was surprised as well, but ours still looks fantastic after 18 months. If your stores didn't receive any, you'll want to order the plastic covers for the signage. They're essentially little screen protectors that are designed to cover the signs and you can peel them off if guests decide to test the makeup on the fixture. It's way better than trying to wash them off every set.

our STL walked around ripping them off because they thought they "came on the shelves" and needed to be removed. when told that they were actually carefully applied to all the shelves they responded with "well it looks ugly anyway".....then further explanation about how ugly it will really look when covered with makeup and nailpolish, they replied "ugh, can't you just order extra shelves? i'd rather just replace it when dirty"

i'm glad someone at our store is allowed to walk around with an IDGAF attitude......

What a moron...

Ask him which is more expensive, the plastic covers and the quick time it takes to reapply them, or the new shelves, and the long time it takes to re-do an entire freaking shelf.

In my store cosmetics is A1-5, and the back wall behind these aisles. Boots was in A6 opposite complexion care. It is now in A14 opposite lotion with the "spa" products. It seems very out of place. The only thing I can think of is that it is popular so they're making guests walk more of the aisles before they get to it.

We have the same set-up, except Boots is still in A6 with complexion care. We have Burt's Bees, naturals, and "spa" in A14 across from the lotion.

Ask him which is more expensive, the plastic covers and the quick time it takes to reapply them, or the new shelves, and the long time it takes to re-do an entire freaking shelf.

It is also to planogram. DTL could ding the store for not having them.

*And when will the time to replace dirty shelves come from? The scheduling fairy? Cause I don't remember ever hearing bout that one.

*Added in edit.

Last edited:

Now that is a very special kind of asshole.

OK, so my Transcend/Destination Beauty set starts Monday night... and I'm freaking out a little. Our trailer got all jumbled up when the contractors brought their pallets in, so I have to figure out what I need for the first night and dig it out Monday morning. Does anyone remember how the shelf liners for the 14" shelves arrived? Were they on the pallets or did they come separately, and were they all shipped together or by POG?

Luckily the only "cosmetics" POG that sets the first night is Boots (though I know that has special fixtures too, that I need to find somehow). But we're setting complexion care, pro-hair, hair color, and hand and body lotion the first night as well.

I'm also hearing that stores will fill their open top the first night and need to order a new one by day two or three. Is this true?

Any last minute tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

@Jinroh, this isn't related to actually setting the POGs, but after you guys are finished, I highly recommend wearing sunglasses any time you have to walk through cosmetics. Seriously, those lights are like looking at the sun.

OK, so my Transcend/Destination Beauty set starts Monday night... and I'm freaking out a little. Our trailer got all jumbled up when the contractors brought their pallets in, so I have to figure out what I need for the first night and dig it out Monday morning. Does anyone remember how the shelf liners for the 14" shelves arrived? Were they on the pallets or did they come separately, and were they all shipped together or by POG?

Luckily the only "cosmetics" POG that sets the first night is Boots (though I know that has special fixtures too, that I need to find somehow). But we're setting complexion care, pro-hair, hair color, and hand and body lotion the first night as well.

I'm also hearing that stores will fill their open top the first night and need to order a new one by day two or three. Is this true?

Any last minute tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Shelf liners were received for us in bulk, large flat boxes. However, check the set date on your POGs you are setting for night one. If they are not setting until week two like they were for my store, you may not have the signing in yet. All of our Destination Beauty signing came in via DC trailer in a pink shrink wrapped pallet like normal signing, these are not included in the transcend special unload trailer. Destination Beauty is seperated by POG, but shelf liner and backer paper is in bulk with the exception of Skincare. That shelf liner is in its own labeled box. My store did not fill our open top when we did our set... but we have 20ft aisles to less to toss i suppose.

@Elandora THANK YOU! You just made me realize what an idiot I am because yes, Beauty technically sets next week. So we'll probably get the shelf liner in on tomorrow's pallet. In my head, I keep trying to lump this all together because we're setting it all at once, but I should have realized that the special trailer was only for Transcend. We're a smaller store as well, so I think we'll be OK with one open top. I just can't see us filling that thing with this set.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back