Archived Covering electronics, helping with phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other day I had to cover electronics for 3 hours because of a call out, and one of the ETL's happened to see I was there and asked if I'd help these 2 guests with phones....I was like...ok? Isn't that Target mobile's job tho? Not that I didn’t' want to help, but I have no idea about phones. Don't you have to be especially trained for that? Luckily, they weren't fluent in english, so I ended up calling over a bi-lingual etl who was there also, and not sure whatever became of them. I'm just hardlines trained, and it's no biggy unlocking stuff with the keys etc, but not sure what I'm expected to be able to do on the phone side...

With cell phones, usually you hand it over to target mobile/tech if they are there. Most guests from what i've seen will assume you can activate the phone for them, place minutes, etc which is why. You don't have to be trained for electronics (my store atleast, properly) or phones. My store at least, they expect you to know everything.

Electronics should definitely pass it to mobile if it's for contract phones, but it's not as necessary if it's a prepaid phone. Still, I would recommend doing it since their commission base expanded (in my store, anyway) and it's pretty much taking money out of their pockets. If the guests are asking for recommendations or what you think of certain brands or items, fake it until you make it or break it.

With cell phones, usually you hand it over to target mobile/tech if they are there. Most guests from what i've seen will assume you can activate the phone for them, place minutes, etc which is why. You don't have to be trained for electronics (my store atleast, properly) or phones. My store at least, they expect you to know everything.

At my store we simply ask guest to come back when the Tech person returns from break. They also have their hours posted on the boat.

While our electronics and HL people can help with general phone questions. There are certain things only they can do.

If Target Mobile isn't available I usually grab one of their phone cards and let them write down their name and number so mobile can personally call them back or ask that they come back on the scheduled times.

Team Lead here for Target Mobile (now called Tech, ugh). All mobile sales MUST be handed off to a Mobile team member, red shirts cannot do the transaction. If they are not there, give them the phone number to the Mobile employee and inform the guest of hours that Mobile is open

Team Lead here for Target Mobile (now called Tech, ugh). All mobile sales MUST be handed off to a Mobile team member, red shirts cannot do the transaction. If they are not there, give them the phone number to the Mobile employee and inform the guest of hours that Mobile is open
For prepaid phones??

I'll have guests yell at me for not setting them up with a post paid phone. I have to tell them that you go through an entirely different process to get a contract phone and Target TMs don't have access to whatever it is mobile uses. One guest came in and tried to return an iPhone and I had to explain to her, phrased 87 different ways to help her understand, that only Target Mobile is able to process the return because it has to go through their system.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back