Archived Cursed positions/areas of heavy turnover

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm curious...

Our store has plenty of TMs who have been at our Target for years, but lately there's two areas lately that really stick out as revolving doors: cart attendants and beauty TMs. It turns into a vicious cycle of hiring, training... more hiring, more training... and hey, guess what, more hiring!

Do other stores have one position or one department that they struggled to keep staffed?

(...whether that's from people quitting, going on LOA, being fired, whatever...)

Hardlines.
Cashiers.
GSAs.

Softlines, cosmetics, and Starbucks at my store. They only ever hire kids who never stay more than a couple months.

It's common knowledge that Satanists are the most punctual group in the world!

A&A has been giving starbucks a run for its money lately. The modernization has really pissed those girls off at my store it seems lol.

To be fair if I was only getting two, maybe three shifts a week if i was lucky at starbucks I would jump ship too. Only reason I still work over there is because part of the deal I made with (at the time) ETL HR and ETL GE was that my hours wouldn't drop if I switched workcenters. Needless to say I do something different every day I come into work.

Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.

I'm an actual Satanist and I'm one of the peppiest people at the store. Beauty's been losing a lot of TMs lately, mostly because they keep letting us do less and less while also imposing more restrictions on us, so we basically spend hours a day just walking up and down the aisles hoping someone will need our help. PLEASE, let us do stuff! Backstock, pulls, or hell even just let us LEAVE the beauty section if we need something. My store just recently got rid of the beauty concierge kiosk as well and said we can only use it on weekends...so now we can't showcase/sample products or have access to cleaning supplies for the shelves or security stickers at all during the day. It's exhausting just trying to like, do a simple job.

Softlines. If you can put a piece of clothing on a rack then your covered for 30 years tops.

Not sure what you meant by that.... A&A is our turnover dept. Like all those who have said the same it is because the job requires so much now. Breaking down the truck, pushing the truck, FRO, reshop, zone, and making sure someone is in RTW all the damn time (even when you have hours cut and few people on the floor)....and let's not forget doing your own POGs, Research, and Backstock.

Edit: Forgot to add Auditing the floor too....

2nd Edit: Oh, yeh and let's not forget giving a dollar amount to your leaders that you're attempting to sell... and being able to tell visiting corporate reps like the DTL (or whatever they're called now) what you're attempting to sell the guests for the day if they stop in and ask.

Last edited:
Not sure what you meant by that.... A&A is our turnover dept. Like all those who have said the same it is because the job requires so much now. Breaking down the truck, pushing the truck, FRO, reshop, zone, and making sure someone is in RTW all the damn time (even when you have hours cut and few people on the floor)....and let's not forget doing your own POGs, Research, and Backstock.

Edit: Forgot to add Auditing the floor too....

it's almost like there should be separate teams for all those tasks…

it's almost like there should be separate teams for all those tasks…

It was better and MORE efficient when there were teams because there was also easy accountability. Hard to have that now when everyone is supposed to do everything all at once. Of course my store isn't well staffed in softlines and E2E is not exactly functioning as it was designed to function. In a sense we have teams within the team but they're so small and the work is so huge.... ah well, get with it or get out when you can I guess.

I picked up a shitton of hours in Pfresh this week and next because the two market TMs who have been there for less than 3 months pulled a Jimmy Hoffa
They disappeared only to be found out later to be union leaders and mobsters before being presumably murdered?

Cashiers, softlines, ETL-LOG, Flow TL, Electronics.
I’ve been in Electronics for almost three years now... I’ve seen probably 10 people come and go in that time. The girl who trained me is still there, just in soft lines now, and one guy I trained a month after being hired is still there, but he also moved departments.

At my store it's Ship from Store. Since my store expects us to have a 99% fulfillment (a goal which we, or anyone else for that matter, have never met) and do SPUs in under 5 minutes, absolutely nobody wants to work there. People are always "busy" when being called in to a SFS shift and nobody has applied for the position even though it's been open for over a month. Knowing that I got forcibly removed from the position for being unable to meet their impossible goals really made people weary of it. The girl who got shoehorned into the position is getting noticeably more stressed every day. Luckily it's not my problem anymore, although I don't like having my hours cut in half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back