Archived Cursed positions/areas of heavy turnover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed cashier at my store. Every other front end position hasn't had nearly as much turnover.

Most definitely Starbucks.

Cause they learn the drinks and then move a Corp store and get tips plus benefits that spot won't offer.. My store? Beauty they just don't stay since they are treated like shit and they hire ladies who have the best beat but don't actually know how to work, so when they find out they actually have to do the heavy lifting - out they go.. Cashiers are next..

Market, flow and beauty, so much so we’ve stopped hiring for market so any *potentials* are actually hired as flow but end up jumping ship after a few unloads. Our beauty hires just don’t expect all the cleaning and pushing in beauty on top of selling.

Market. People just can’t be trusted to do it all (I don’t trust certain people backstocking) and the TLs can’t be bothered to train them. They expect push, backstock, research and zone within a 7 hour shift lol.
Take THIS: "They expect push, backstock, research and zone within a 7 hour shift lol." Try all that on 4 Hour Shift. Market=DOOMED. Thanks SPOT!

Backroom and cashiers of course, i've only backroom for a little over a year and we've lost our TL and ETL log, and basically flushed out our entire backroom team. Ship to store too, theres literally only 1 person we have for SFS who've been there longer then me, and we kept 6 people when i came on and 8 from last quarter...

A&A. We're all either changing workcenters or just leaving in general. Beauty too. They interview them and describe the job like some great fun beauty thing but then they get here and realize they also have to push like toilet paper or whatever tf else... While wearing a full beat. The two a&a girls that transferred over there are the only ones standing the test of time

cashier mainly

flow tms have all been here for 10+ yrs im the newest at less than a yr

sbux used to have high turnover but they got a good team going

gsa as well

actually in general my store is doing really well about people leaving

well, in the morning at least i came in once at night and had no clue who anyone was

A&A. We're all either changing workcenters or just leaving in general. Beauty too. They interview them and describe the job like some great fun beauty thing but then they get here and realize they also have to push like toilet paper or whatever tf else... While wearing a full beat. The two a&a girls that transferred over there are the only ones standing the test of time
This is very true! But I still get my ass up everyday, put on that full beat, slap a smile on my face, toss on the red and khaki, and push that truck, but I might be different than the other beauty Tm's too, not only do I have a cosmetology license, but I worked in a warehouse for five years pushing , loading and unloading pallets

Softlines for sure. We've had several people just stop showing up thanks to all the new modernization BS.

Historically at my store, it's definitely Starbucks, but that's on the Lead. Right now, it's kind of a free-for-all.

market team members drop one every week. they either call off or ask to be switched to electronic or hardlines.

Market just is way too hard and very few team members working there to get the job done.
Same here. Market has always been the one. They just don't get it and find it too hard so after being trained, they stick around for a few weeks and just disappear. Some have stopped coming in even in their training week.

This is very true! But I still get my ass up everyday, put on that full beat, slap a smile on my face, toss on the red and khaki, and push that truck, but I might be different than the other beauty Tm's too, not only do I have a cosmetology license, but I worked in a warehouse for five years pushing , loading and unloading pallets

Probably. I think that's why the former a&a girls who work there are lasting. They were already used to the other aspects of the job and knew they would likely end up helping in non-beauty areas. I guess they just aren't explaining the full scope of the job to new people at my store.

Omg. I went to visit a&a after my shift today and 3 more people are gone from the dept lol. One quit and the other two were new and abandoned. Apparently the new ladies were asking "is it like this everyday? Is it ever manageable?" And similar questions. All 3 are on the schedule this whole week too

For sure flow at my store. WE have lost at least 8 permanent team members since January and only hired one new person. We've had a ton of trouble hiring people too, one guy did one shift and then quit because it was too early (we're 4 am unload) and one person literally walked out of the interview when they told her what time she would have to come in. Plus we have two pregnant flow TMs so that's gonna be interesting in a few months when they go on leave.

In order: Flow (biiiig time), Starbucks (they all end up working for corp), cashiers

Most stable: Plano, GS, Beauty, backroom, electronics
Electronics is hilarious because we just lost a few TMs and besides me the other two are Target lifers

At my old store definitely market. So much to do so little time and lot of hard labor imo. (I worked in market for 3 months.... never again) plus some of the people I worked with were dumb nuts. Literally I'd find stuff found put in the wrong place alllll the time and so I'd have to fix it to put my things in the shelf. Also people wouldn't take things out of the packaging and just throw it up on the shelf (like boxed candy and single water bottles)

Flow; Veterans stay, Newbies leave

Market; they lost a TL, and another TM, their team was small to begin with, it got smaller

Beauty; they only have a TL and one of their tms is moving too Flow at some point. Theyre getting support from some Hardlines girls

If counts, Target Mobile

Last edited:
My store = Starbucks.
Reason = no hours, no coverage, no training, no terminating losers.

While I was there, we had: 1 Satanist, 1 guy who claimed, "This isn't my career, so I don't care if I am making the drinks wrong," and one gal who couldn't get a minimum wage job anywhere else. #2 and #3 are still there.

I was alone for 3 hours at a time every shift. Try being alone during frappy hour.
I quit hiting the back-up button. I would simply grab the walkie and say, "LOD come-in." They would respond, and I would say, "Who on the team is coming to Starbucks right now?"

Got to be smarter than them. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back