Archived CVS Pharmacy @ Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I'm not surprised at all. CVS has been here the whole 15 years I've lived in this town and in that time 3 other pharmacies have been to town. Walgreen's just closed a few months back but CVS is still standing. I picked up a $1700 rx back in March (thanks, Obama). Rx drugs can be expensive as f. And drugs are being over prescribed like crazy. Plus everything else is overpriced in drug stores. Then think about people who are just too lazy to switch pharmacies. I only left CVS because they close the pharmacy too damn early... And at random it seemed. I'm still with target because work, nice bottles, and they have all my in.

But according to twitter cvs treats their pharmacy staff like robots. I saw a tweet from a pharmacist who felt bad for people who went to Target when they escaped CVS.

It's sad what a pill dependent country this has become. People would rather pop a pill then make healthier choices. Pathetic.

Cvs does treat pharmacists like robots. 13 hour days, no official lunch period. They "suggest" that you can take a short break to step aside and eat, but when the pharmacy doesn't close down and you have timers grading your prescription-checking speed, customers asking questions, and phone calls lining up, that's more like 2 minutes at a time to scarf down some food. They have to participate in conference calls if their speed isn't good enough. SPEED+STRESS=MISTAKES. It's scary.
I can guarantee that the pharmacy will be open exactly as long as the store is open. It will be interesting to see if/when they knockn down our back wall to put in a walk up window, since they can't add in a drive thru.

It will be interesting to see if/when they knockn down our back wall to put in a walk up window, since they can't add in a drive thru.
If this was the case, then they would probably just scrap the whole pharmacy. The #1 reason Target has it in the first place is to promote foot traffic and if the guests aren't even coming inside, what is the point in doing it at all?

Spot is so obsessed with pleasing their guests...so they are now going to allow another company to set up shop and Spot cant control how they treat the guest...makes no sense to me....not to mention the RX team members who have spent years and years working with Spot only to be told hey , now you are working for a different company. Whats next....a merger with Wally World?

Well if target is leasing out space it would work, right?
No State Law Forbids it from being inside a retail store It would have to be in its own store front and have no access to the store. plus state law limits the amount of liquor stores in the state. The state legislature decides there budget. Oh and the liquor stores are staffed state workers who are all unionized

Cvs does treat pharmacists like robots. 13 hour days, no official lunch period. They "suggest" that you can take a short break to step aside and eat
This made me laugh and laugh because of Target's compliance rules and continually saying "it's the law" when it clearly is not the law in our state, but being the robotic smiles that they are they continue to spout this dribble.

If this was the case, then they would probably just scrap the whole pharmacy. The #1 reason Target has it in the first place is to promote foot traffic and if the guests aren't even coming inside, what is the point in doing it at all?

I'm not sure...maybe there's fine print that will keep cvs from being able to do that, because the foot traffic is important. All I know is that cvs is huge on drive throughs, most if not all stores have one. It will keep lines at the counter from backing up, too.

not mine just saw this online

1499686_853266458042576_5787943636410513849_n.jpg

29A392B200000578-3124770-Target_announced_on_Monday_that_it_is_selling_its_pharmacy_and_c-m-14_1434381216725.jpg

2 old farts making a bad decision!!

People use pharmacy drive throughs?? Only saw one used once in my life. There have been standalone CVSs without pharmacies before; mainly in malls but the one I knew of closed down a long time ago.

People use pharmacy drive throughs?? Only saw one used once in my life. There have been standalone CVSs without pharmacies before; mainly in malls but the one I knew of closed down a long time ago.

I use a drive thru every month to pick up a relative's scripts. I don't want to step into that nasty CVS. Old carpet, damaged ceiling tiles, and a weird, stale odor. Like an Eckards. The drive thru always has at least two cars in it after four pm. Maybe we're just lazy.

Ton of Pharmacy TMs at my store were very pissed off today. Not that I blame them

ETL-HR tried to fight fires during huddle, but only managed to spit out pleading "I don't knows"...

I came in on my day off after I read online about the sell-off and my STL had almost no details on how this would affect me and the other techs in training. It is so frustrating that corporate hands down this decision with very little information on what exactly will happen to all of the Pharmacy TMs. It seems clear to me that I will have to make a decision on whether I want to stay a Target TM or end up working for CVS within my own store. My biggest hope is that the deal will fall through due to CVS having too much of a monopoly.

It's sad what a pill dependent country this has become. People would rather pop a pill then make healthier choices. Pathetic.

It's not so much that as the doctors over-prescribing to make the pharmaceutical companies happy. But not every health condition can be avoided by simply making healthy choices. One of my co-workers at my other job has MS and has to take 8 or 9 different meds each day.

I came in on my day off after I read online about the sell-off and my STL had almost no details on how this would affect me and the other techs in training. It is so frustrating that corporate hands down this decision with very little information on what exactly will happen to all of the Pharmacy TMs. It seems clear to me that I will have to make a decision on whether I want to stay a Target TM or end up working for CVS within my own store. My biggest hope is that the deal will fall through due to CVS having too much of a monopoly.
The Store Leadership probably won't know much till all the details are worked on when the deal is finalized. Its not expected to be finalized till the end of the year, and even then it could take up to 6 months before CVS is ready to take over.

It's not so much that as the doctors over-prescribing to make the pharmaceutical companies happy. But not every health condition can be avoided by simply making healthy choices. One of my co-workers at my other job has MS and has to take 8 or 9 different meds each day.

That is exactly what I was saying. Except doctors do over prescribe. The doctors are the pushers and the pharmacies are the suppliers.

There have been a lot of people who go in for something so simple and come out with a script.

It will be interesting to see if/when they knockn down our back wall to put in a walk up window, since they can't add in a drive thru.
They could add drive-thrus if they really wanted to.

One of the grocery chains in my area added a drive thru to a bunch of older stores by just putting a video screen, credit card reader, and tube system in the back of the parking lot. You see the pharmacist on the screen and get your meds through the vacuum tube that runs under the parking lot.

They could add drive-thrus if they really wanted to.

One of the grocery chains in my area added a drive thru to a bunch of older stores by just putting a video screen, credit card reader, and tube system in the back of the parking lot. You see the pharmacist on the screen and get your meds through the vacuum tube that runs under the parking lot.

This would be great to have in Pfresh when doing a cull, straight to the bins.

I guess this is the new Target thing. Can not figure out basic logistics in Canada? Close all of it. Can not figure out how to make money off of cell phones. Contract it out. Can not figure out how to run Pharmacy? Sell it off. You know, food has to be next. What is really embarrassing is that other companies seem to be able to do these things while Targets leadership remains clueless.

And it is getting more and more clear the new top dog is going to cut cut cut raise that stock price and then get out with millions.

I'm curious if CVS can handle the expansion. They will be paying $20 million to $25 million in annual rent to Target for the pharmacy and clinic space. Is this Target's strategy - lease out parts of the store? Softlines will become American Eagle, sporting goods will become Dick's, Electronics will become Circuit City, toys will become TRU, etc. I can almost see Market becoming Kroger, Wegmans, Giant, Food Lion, etc.
I guess this cuts some costs.
I for one welcome my new Wegman's Overlords with open arms.

Last edited:
FlowChick, post: 197455, member: 11790"]It's sad what a pill dependent country this has become. People would rather pop a pill then make healthier choices. Pathetic.

As someone who would be totally screwed without my meds, I tend to get frustrated with blanket statements concerning drugs.
Especially when it's suggested that the real solution is to just have a healthy lifestyle.
It would be great if my epilepsy gave a shit if I eat my greens but it just doesn't.
Sure, taking care of himself is important but when my friend has an attack from his Chrones, drugs are the only way he is going to function.
Maybe it's because I've been taking medication for most of my life but I wish folks would realize how many of us wouldn't be around without them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back