Archived CVS Pharmacy @ Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, this will cut into store sales, shoving some into a different org chart, etc. We generally need pharmacy to make up our sales so we hit goal. Will corporate take out the correct amount or expect us to sell more crap to make up for it? And we all know, a smaller sales forecast will mean less hours! Fabulous.
You are thinking way ahead of the ball girl lol I like it

So it sounds like we may give the CVS folks a target discount, but they aren't giving us one for the stuff we HAVE to buy from behind the counter. Fuck CVS. Back to buying my Claritin D from the grocery store generic rack.

Not liking this at all, that Q&A sounds like we left them lots of ways to screw us over, lots of pushing the blame onto CVS for hiring people or not (pending their regular process), closing pharmacy locations in Targets (not without our approval-cause we know they care), and lots of "we don't know" cause they really dont care.

Are you serious? The CVS folks are your fellow team members....The very least Target could do is allow pharmacy employees who they sold out and now are forced to work for CVS inTarget and will be there everyday buying drinks, lunch, clothes, etc. to keep a measly 10% discount. Especially after springing this on us when pharmacy helps the store make sales daily and check out people all day long because only 2 lanes are open all day and help them find random items all over the store because they can never find a TM to help them. Hell, the CVS discount is 30%!

Last edited:
Are you serious? The CVS folks are your fellow team members....The very least Target could do is allow pharmacy employees who they sold out and now are forced to work for CVS inTarget and will be there everyday buying drinks, lunch, clothes, etc. to keep a measly 10% discount. Especially after springing this on us when pharmacy helps the store make sales daily and check out people all day long because only 2 lanes are open all day and help them find random items all over the store because they can never find a TM to help them. Hell, the CVS discount is 30%!
That's assuming your pharmacy team isn't jumping ship. I have yet to ask my team, but I know they are unhappy with being made cvs.

How would you feel if you could no longer get a discount for something sold in your store? It's not like these are outside the building, you have to come into target to get there, but wait-no discount if it's behind the counter. So the next timeI NEED claritin D, because I got assigned the dirtiest pog or cleaning the fixture room without warning, I will have to pay full price. Because no reason really. The one thing I get from behind the counter, because I don't have insurance or scripts to save on. But the thousands of items in my world are still at a discount. Not just lunch, but furniture. Cvs doesn't sell that, but they will get that discounted anyway.

My store's team also never had a problem with getting a tm to help a guest with stuff on the floor. And usually has few guests with more than a handful of other items. Because we backup when needed, even if cafs get left at the end of the night.

So maybe if your pharm team is the hardest working team, but it's evenly yoked at my store. And to let them keep their discount but not let us keep ours for behind the counter is bullshit. Neither side asked for it, but one is being treated fairly and the larger one is not.

That's assuming your pharmacy team isn't jumping ship. I have yet to ask my team, but I know they are unhappy with being made cvs.

How would you feel if you could no longer get a discount for something sold in your store? It's not like these are outside the building, you have to come into target to get there, but wait-no discount if it's behind the counter. So the next timeI NEED claritin D, because I got assigned the dirtiest pog or cleaning the fixture room without warning, I will have to pay full price. Because no reason really. The one thing I get from behind the counter, because I don't have insurance or scripts to save on. But the thousands of items in my world are still at a discount. Not just lunch, but furniture. Cvs doesn't sell that, but they will get that discounted anyway.

My store's team also never had a problem with getting a tm to help a guest with stuff on the floor. And usually has few guests with more than a handful of other items. Because we backup when needed, even if cafs get left at the end of the night.

So maybe if your pharm team is the hardest working team, but it's evenly yoked at my store. And to let them keep their discount but not let us keep ours for behind the counter is bullshit. Neither side asked for it, but one is being treated fairly and the larger one is not.

I'm sorry but you sound very whiney. You're saving $2 at the most and you still have your job with the same company you started with. You can still use your RedCard for 5% off and download a coupon off the internet - at least Target didn't sell you're workstation to Walmart! Give me a break! You are just finding something to complain about...you're life has not drastically changed!

Last edited:
I'm sorry but you sound very whiney. You're saving $2 at the most. You can still use your RedCard for 5% off - at least Target didn't sell you're workstation to Walmart! Give me a break!
Pharmacy does help guests in front of pharmacy, all the time at my store.

I have benefits & all my family's meds are at my store's pharmacy so I'll be watching to see what happens with prices.
I've got a list ready to shop around if need be.

what the fuck? Does Target Mobile get a discount? Because if they don't, CVS sure as shit shouldn't get a discount.
The difference is Target Mobile people can't ring out Target purchases on their registers. If a guest brings up regular Target items (groceries, clothing, etc.) to the pharmacy, we will still be ringing out their purchases, just like we have always done.

Your store is quite different than mine then. We RARELY get TMs to come help guests on the floor and it's like pulling teeth to even get a GSTL or LOD to come help us when we need their help. Don't even get me started on back-up. If we need something from the backroom for a guest? WE have to go meet them somewhere to get it ourselves, they don't bring it to us! And it's the same at the 3 other stores I've worked at....pharmacy is like the "red-headed stepchild" at ALL of them. We aren't included in huddles, any of the "store-wide incentives," or basically anything.

How would I feel if I no longer got a discount for something sold in my store? I'd feel like crap. How do you think we feel if we no longer got a discount on items we will still be REQUIRED to sell? And, even though Target won't be our "employer," EVERY item in a Target store is "still in our store" because we're STILL working IN a Target store. How would YOU feel if your employer basically "sold" your department to a different company WITH NO WARNING??? Because that's what happened to us! I found out about it on FACEBOOK! It was announced on the news BEFORE our store opened, so many others found out about it that way! They didn't even have the courtesy to tell us, "Hey, just a head's up....there might be a MAJOR change coming soon...." How do you think we feel going from a company that actually treated us somewhat well to one that reportedly treats their employees like crap?
And you honestly think taking away the employee discount for items like Claritin D isn't "fair," but taking it away from the pharmacy employees who are no longer "technically" Target employees, yet will STILL "technically" be acting as Target cashiers by ringing out Target store purchases & acting as floor TMs by helping guests find items on the floor IS? Who do you think spends more $$ on a daily/weekly/monthly/yearly basis? Current pharmacy employees purchasing groceries, furniture, clothing, etc. in Target stores or "everyone else" purchasing "behind the counter" items? The loss of which revenue will make a bigger impact?

I understand that....but it says "if you choose not to accept the offer from CVS, you will be terminated." It makes it seem like you won't then have the option of transitioning into a different work center, that you have to make the decision PRIOR to getting the offer. Obviously, you can't be a Target employee in the pharmacy since there will be no "Target pharmacy" after the deal goes through....

I think it's up to individual STLs on how they handle this part. Mine has already gone on record to say that anyone, in the pharmacy, that doesn't want to work for CVS will have a spot in the store. But obviously, if you're dead set on not working for CVS and you're not willing to work a different workcenter, you'll be let go.

Just saw in TIME magazine that Walgreen's British stores are doing poorly....they'll be closing 700 stores there.

If a pharmacist decides they don't want to be with CVS, do you actually think that their "new" Target positions will provide them the same pay level?

In any case, just relax. Don't get too upset until we know if the sale will go through.....and remember, even if it does go through doesn't mean that CVS will keep its word on what it has already told us. Mergers/bought companies often have two very different sets of information.....one set of info for BEFORE the acquisition and the set information AFTER the acquisition goes through.

Where I live there are plenty of examples of banks that have their own branches in stores. In this example the BANK is separate from the store. In other words, you only can do banking in those locations and if you want to buy something from the store you have to go through the store check lanes. So it wouldn't surprise me if CVS is the same way......only selling CVS prescriptions.....and other items must be bought through the check lanes. If this is the case then CVS will only have their items and perhaps some behind the counter items, but nothing else.

Who knows.....maybe Target will have a "mini" pharmacy that carries the behind the counter stuff.

Also, it is possible that Target stops selling the behind the counter items......or some limited items may be at guest services. Who knows for sure.....just be patient.

We were given information through the Q & A released yesterday that we will be using the Target POS system at the pharmacy, so guests will still be able to use their redcards. That obviously means we will still be able to ring up Target merchandise.

Interesting. So Target will get the sales from everything. And then I guess CVS will bill Target for any prescriptions paid through the POS?

If a pharmacist decides they don't want to be with CVS, do you actually think that their "new" Target positions will provide them the same pay level?.

Highly doubtful. Can't imagine Target having 6 figure cashiers or flow TMs.

The difference is Target Mobile people can't ring out Target purchases on their registers. If a guest brings up regular Target items (groceries, clothing, etc.) to the pharmacy, we will still be ringing out their purchases, just like we have always done.
Our target mobile doesn't have a register. They walk over to the boat and ring people up on our registers.

Highly doubtful. Can't imagine Target having 6 figure cashiers or flow TMs.

That is just for technicians and tech trainees - they will get jobs in the store. Pharmacists will go get a job as a pharmacist with another company because Target will term them if they don't join CVS. This was in the FAQ.

Last edited:
Our target mobile doesn't have a register. They walk over to the boat and ring people up on our registers.
Their register looks like a computer. I find it highly unlikely your target mobile doesn't have the computer register. How do they sign people up for their phones?

Your store is quite different than mine then. We RARELY get TMs to come help guests on the floor and it's like pulling teeth to even get a GSTL or LOD to come help us when we need their help. Don't even get me started on back-up. If we need something from the backroom for a guest? WE have to go meet them somewhere to get it ourselves, they don't bring it to us! And it's the same at the 3 other stores I've worked at....pharmacy is like the "red-headed stepchild" at ALL of them. We aren't included in huddles, any of the "store-wide incentives," or basically anything.

How would I feel if I no longer got a discount for something sold in my store? I'd feel like crap. How do you think we feel if we no longer got a discount on items we will still be REQUIRED to sell? And, even though Target won't be our "employer," EVERY item in a Target store is "still in our store" because we're STILL working IN a Target store. How would YOU feel if your employer basically "sold" your department to a different company WITH NO WARNING??? Because that's what happened to us! I found out about it on FACEBOOK! It was announced on the news BEFORE our store opened, so many others found out about it that way! They didn't even have the courtesy to tell us, "Hey, just a head's up....there might be a MAJOR change coming soon...." How do you think we feel going from a company that actually treated us somewhat well to one that reportedly treats their employees like crap?
And you honestly think taking away the employee discount for items like Claritin D isn't "fair," but taking it away from the pharmacy employees who are no longer "technically" Target employees, yet will STILL "technically" be acting as Target cashiers by ringing out Target store purchases & acting as floor TMs by helping guests find items on the floor IS? Who do you think spends more $$ on a daily/weekly/monthly/yearly basis? Current pharmacy employees purchasing groceries, furniture, clothing, etc. in Target stores or "everyone else" purchasing "behind the counter" items? The loss of which revenue will make a bigger impact?

I think this is the case for most Target Pharmacists. I'm at a Super Target and they could care less about us unless we screw up or they need us to do something. We help them make their sales daily and they don't really help us out at all. Takes an hour just for them just to give us change.

I feel like the pharmacy is going to be open later if the deal goes through. Or it will be if they're not making enough at first.

Where I live there are plenty of examples of banks that have their own branches in stores. In this example the BANK is separate from the store. In other words, you only can do banking in those locations and if you want to buy something from the store you have to go through the store check lanes. So it wouldn't surprise me if CVS is the same way......only selling CVS prescriptions.....and other items must be bought through the check lanes. If this is the case then CVS will only have their items and perhaps some behind the counter items, but nothing else.

Who knows.....maybe Target will have a "mini" pharmacy that carries the behind the counter stuff.

Also, it is possible that Target stops selling the behind the counter items......or some limited items may be at guest services. Who knows for sure.....just be patient.
A) the bank scenario is entirely different because banks are FINANCIAL institutions, pharmacies are RETAIL.

B) it wouldn't be legal for Target to sell "behind the counter" items, like pseudoephedrine in a "mini pharmacy" or at guest services. By Federal Law, it can ONLY be sold by a licensed pharmacy with a pharmacist present. Now, if you're talking about the other items that are typically kept "behind the counter," like some of the test strips and NOP items, having them at Guest Services or elsewhere in the store is possible, but the items that HAVE to be kept behind the counter can ONLY be sold at the pharmacy.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back