Archived CVS Pharmacy @ Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't even need to be "in uniform." Hell, you don't even have to be at your own store, although it's appreciated if you are. All you need to do is go to the pharmacy (anytime other than 1:30-2 if they close for lunch), tell them you're a new TM & would like a flu shot, fill out the paperwork, give them your TM#, they process it, poke you, and you're done. It takes however long their wait is for shots. You can even go on your 15 to get the paperwork, fill it out & drop it off, then go back later for the actual shot.

If its anything like my Pharmacy today you wont even get yours that day until the very end.

Had only 2 people schedule plus the pharmacist...

On of my coworkers backed up for 2 hours in there today. I backed up for 45 minutes right after lunch and who knows who else backed up earlier in the day

The nice thing about the new system going in last year is that they refused to give the hours to train anyone who wasn't an LOD. So those of us who were trained are no longer trained. So the only person that can back up at our store are the STL, ETLs and some of the SrTLs.

I asked several times to be trained. They brushed me off, so I stopped caring.

The nice thing about the new system going in last year is that they refused to give the hours to train anyone who wasn't an LOD. So those of us who were trained are no longer trained. So the only person that can back up at our store are the STL, ETLs and some of the SrTLs.

They did..that would be news to me. Only my STL and maybe ETL HR are trained in pharmacy. Its total and utter BS. We actually have more TMs trained to backup than TLs or ETLs. They literally forced me to get backup trained even though im Pfresh. Because you know, its not like we do anything over in pfresh. Just a big ol party over there in market where we just waste the hours

The first closing shift I had after being trained, after the first two hours there, I spent the rest of my night between pharmacy and dealing with and helping out C&S push because everyone else but me that is trained to backup works during the day only

Not sure why it isnt mandatory for EVERY single LOD to be trained in pharmacy because then at least you would have someone who can backup. On the nights im not there, sorry pharmacy tough luck..nobody can help you

Heck they even made me come out of the backroom more than once to help backup pharmacy during my closing backroom shift

Last edited:
Pharmacy hours and training issues are probably going to be on hold until the SEC decides one way or another on the buyout. No sense spending dollars if it's just going to be run differently. I'm sure CVS will have its own training preferences, scheduling and flow structure. Late December???

If its anything like my Pharmacy today you wont even get yours that day until the very end.

Had only 2 people schedule plus the pharmacist...

On of my coworkers backed up for 2 hours in there today. I backed up for 45 minutes right after lunch and who knows who else backed up earlier in the day
Will you PLEASE come to my store??? We tried calling for backup the other day because we also only had 2 people scheduled from 2-4.

And what's ridiculous about this is that there's absolutely NOTHING "special" about the new system that would prevent ANYONE from being trained. I trained 3 people from the floor for in literally 10 minutes! It took longer to train the 2 LODs (who both have college degrees) than it did the 3 people from the floor (none of whom have a day of college between them!)

I didn't figure there was anything special. But that was under my old GSTL...so I figure that was her doing.

I think that part of the pharmacy training has to do with being certified in some states...being trained and working pharmacy are two different things. In Ohio, you need to have a full background check...and each background check costs around $70.00. So, I can't imagine that Target would be interested in having everyone get a background check....at the $70.00 each they'd have to be pretty certain that a person would pass the check AND stay at Target for at least a year or so.

In my state you have to be state-certified or a registered trainee to be able to handle supply bottles, whether stocking or filling.

In our state you have to be certified and also have a state licensed to do anything beside check out a guest picking up a prescription.

I think that part of the pharmacy training has to do with being certified in some states...being trained and working pharmacy are two different things. In Ohio, you need to have a full background check...and each background check costs around $70.00. So, I can't imagine that Target would be interested in having everyone get a background check....at the $70.00 each they'd have to be pretty certain that a person would pass the check AND stay at Target for at least a year or so.
Even if you were just doing backup as a cashier?

In my state, you can handle the filled Rxs with just training, but in order to do anything else, you need to be licensed/certified. No trainees in my state....

In my state you have to be licensed to even step foot in the doorway. GSTLs have to hand money over the counter, ETLs and STL can't walk into the pharmacy, so if a short meeting needs to take place everyone must leave the pharmacy or talk over the counter.

Heard a few things this week. Not sure if I'm ready to believe them or not. Might be CVS employees fairly soon, with new training. Might explain the reductions lately. Looks like plans are rolling along even without the approval of the deal yet.

Heard anything?

A lot of information has been coming out (or more accurately changing) these past couple weeks. Some details of the deal aren't widely public, but are out there and they would lead one to believe some changes that haven't been directly stated will have to take effect following the close of the deal.

Some stores in my area are converting by the beginning if next month. At least, that's what my sources tell me...

What geography is that? I was hearing about the west coast. November. There are a lot of rumors and "facts" floating about. I don't give most of them any real thought. But some get repeated in one form or another, and from people I tend to like. I get the feel that things are moving ahead of the Approval, which leads me to think that the approval is basically a rubber stamp, as long as certain requirements are adhered to. wink wink. Nod nod. That kinda stuff. If there was a big deal breaker, I think 4 months would be long enough for at least one nasty little rumor to that effect, but I haven't heard a single negative thing re: the deal.

I'm assuming it's going ahead. I'd just like some more info on timeline.

Some stores in my area are converting by the beginning if next month. At least, that's what my sources tell me...

One piece of info that sounded legit was about the "conversions." That these are software bridges to be in place ahead of time. I guess the actual pc changes would come later? New machines put in and run by CVS? I can't see ours staying put and running their software. Seems that they could get some kind of software installed that would help get techs thinking like CVS employees, instead of one big "Here you go! Deal with it!" Has to go in phases, right?

I'm not sure what you mean by "software bridges"??? If you mean "training modules" for RxConnect, that is possible, but all training is supposedly going to be done at actual CVS stores. We may also have a CVS tech at each store for a week or two to help when the actual transition occurs. AFAIK, none of the stores are actually beginning the change until early December, but we haven't heard anything definitive on an actual date. Supposedly, due to the logistics of migrating the data to/transferring between the two systems, the actual transition from EPS to RxConnext will be rather quick (as in a period of a week or so). Signage, decor, and actual hardware will take longer, but we've heard they want that all completed within 6 weeks.

Of course, all of this is pure supposition, as nobody is really being told anything at this point. Some districts have had conference calls where certain information has been given out, but even that information has varied from district to district. Some were told mid November, others were told early December, yet others were told mid December, and some were even told after the first of the year. Some were told they would be trained on-site, others were told they would be trained off-site. Some people have been told that every store would be getting a lead tech, other have been told that only stores that currently have a TL would have a lead tech.

Quite honestly, the way this entire situation has been handled from the get-go is horrible. The fact that we are in the dark about so many things just illustrates how wonderfully both companies think of their employees & how well we will be treated under CVS. It's no wonder so many people are jumping ship & why CVS was ranked one of the worst employers by their employees (which, of course, the company wholeheartedly denies.)

I was told at my local CVS that their pharmacy is the top grossing CVS in my state. The head pharmacist has other CVS pharmacists come to her store for training to help them learn how to get their revenue up. So this 'might' be some insight into how CVS trains, or at least where.

The "CVS Culture" is definitely starting. Hour cuts across the board to dangerously low staffing levels. I'm talking about weekly cuts of anywhere from 20-50+ hours/week, despite increased script/new patient counts. Effing ridiculous!!!

Hours being cut sounds like a way for management to save a few bucks even before the deal pops. What does it matter if it gets tight - we won't be employees much longer so, squeeze 'em, pump the stock price and get a few more dollars in dividends.

Yes. There is a lot of guessing going on. It is tempting to take the word of someone we trust and make it the absolute truth. But I can guess that everything needed to pull this off after an approval has to be in place well beforehand. That means a lot is going on under the surface. All that activity has to produce rumors that get leaked.

But what can happen ahead of an approval? What can be started that won't affect things if it all goes to hell?

Software bridges. I understand that CVS has workstations that can get to customer information from pharmacies they buy up. And that can somehow work with their system. Seems like something like that can be in place before a major conversion? Like a crutch? Just musing.....

Ummmm, jumping ship. Some pharmacists jumped from CVS to here, and now they face going back? I'll bet they will jump again if their old DMs are still in place. Can you imagine being forced back under a manager that beat you down? "So. We meet again. Life's a bitch, and so am I."

Software bridges. I understand that CVS has workstations that can get to customer information from pharmacies they buy up. And that can somehow work with their system. Seems like something like that can be in place before a major conversion? Like a crutch? Just musing.....

Ummmm, jumping ship. Some pharmacists jumped from CVS to here, and now they face going back? I'll bet they will jump again if their old DMs are still in place. Can you imagine being forced back under a manager that beat you down? "So. We meet again. Life's a bitch, and so am I."
There are definitely software programs that can access and convert our data, but legally they can't access it prior to the final acquisition deal being completed.

Oh, there absolutely have been pharmacists and techs that have jumped ship because they came here from cvs and refused to go back. We have a floater who is actively looking for another job because she came here from CVS....2 weeks before they announced!

And here are definitely negotiations going on behind the scenes and changes occurring at the store level. Certain "upgrades" that were JUST implemented have been discontinued because they're not possible under The CVS system, changes to daily routines, inventory management, etc. The hour cuts were just the tip of the iceberg because apparently, CVS has agreed to keep us at "current staffing levels for X amount of time," as long as they are "in line with THEIR staffing levels." (Or within a certain %)

So, Tgt is still going through this even though CVS is in court for various things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back