Archived Cyber Monday madness, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It happened everywhere. Receipt lookup wasn't working at GS, which was loads of fun when it came to making returns, ePick went down, too; I thought my Zebra was going to explode when it came back up, It was a general mess, but thankfully it was resolved relatively quickly.
Oh wow, it was way worse than I thought. Glad it all got resolved quickly enough it seems

A lot of stores had a UPS/fedex truck drop off an empty trailer in one of the truck bays for you to store all your packed orders in. Also saved them from loading them all in
Nice.
My store has two flats behind Guest Service (as of me leaving last night) and another full of those USPS white plastic boxes with mailers in the STL's office.
I started on them and the LOD yelled at me to help OPU/DU.

I've tested those white USPS bins. :) Still have a few dozen in various sizes floating around the lab because "officially" they can't be thrown away in the garbage. :rolleyes:

Nice.
My store has two flats behind Guest Service (as of me leaving last night) and another full of those USPS white plastic boxes with mailers in the STL's office.
I started on them and the LOD yelled at me to help OPU/DU.
I think you’re talking about ship to store and I’m talking about ship from store

A lot of stores had a UPS/fedex truck drop off an empty trailer in one of the truck bays for you to store all your packed orders in. Also saved them from loading them all in
and NO bay to receive the vendor milk. Well luckily the milk driver moved one of the target trucks and pulled into that bay. We gave him a 50.00 Target gift card, without that we would have been without milk for 1 1/2 days.

and NO bay to receive the vendor milk. Well luckily the milk driver moved one of the target trucks and pulled into that bay. We gave him a 50.00 Target gift card, without that we would have been without milk for 1 1/2 days.
You guys only have 3 bays? Or did you have a triple truck? We had a double truck at my store plus the UPS trailer but still had an open bay for milk.

Not sure if this is entirely relevant to the thread, but I worked a 7-10am SCO shift yesterday (Monday), and right around 9am no registers were accepting Red Card payments. Did this happen anywhere else? I guess we're lucky it didn't happen Black Friday, but Cyber Monday's not the ideal day for this to occur either. I left just as it was getting busy, and I felt so bad for the girl taking over for me.

All of that and Target g/c didn't work either.

You guys only have 3 bays? Or did you have a triple truck? We had a double truck at my store plus the UPS trailer but still had an open bay for milk.

Yes, my store is 3 bays and with double trucks all day every day now, if we had a UPS trailer we don't have a dock to receive anything. We got shut down over black Friday so the UPS box truck we had in our 3rd bay that we half filled was a bust.

We currently have five pallets of STS sitting in guest services, receiving that haven't been touched since the PDA went down yesterday and we are so out of room, we have stuffed the STL office along with our hold space. We took over the STL office since he said that our current hold space was more than enough.. Dumbass.. District AP is flipping out over it, but what can we do? Our backroom is stuffed and we have no space to give up from freight..

We staged the overflow of OPU in the training room. You could even make labels for the tables if you wanted to. We put all the tvs and big stuff in there.
We have several places as well, but they all want to use the same location. I don’t have time to babysit or play where is the item?

Anyone else have six pallets of INBOUND STS sitting around waiting to get checked in? My store does..

On top of that this morning our bright eyed and bushy tailed STL had our receiver call UPS to get a pick up cause he told her that was all OUTBOUND. Luckily before UPS showed up, I showed up and I put the brakes on that since we had two pallets to go out, but not six.. STL argues with me until I point out that address on every single box on one pallet was our fucking store!

Can we fire this moron already please!!!!!

ps receiver was off yesterday so she did not see all the STS come in..

So many items in the wrong hold locations or they team member didn’t know how to do multiple locations, so put other items/ bags wherever they pleased. also, laziness with the backroom location, which is meant for large items. If I’m the only one at guest service, I can’t exactly stroll back to the backroom every five minutes and backroom gets mad when we call too much. Shirts, makeup, shoes, etc. all just piled in the backroom locations while we have actual big items thrown on our closet floor that belong in the backroom.

The last few days they've assigned a specific Softlines TM to help our SFS people find clothing. it's been awful.

We just tell SFS that if they can't find something to approach any of the A&A peeps and ask for help. Every one of us is willing to stop and try to help them find stuff and chances are if you ask the person who pushes that section they can walk you right to it.

I helped process STS orders up at Guest Service on Tuesday and oh. my. God. The PDAs were down the day before so they still had over half a pallet to get through and then they brought up another two overflowing pallets of STS to process. And the dumb PDAs are so slow it took me a nine hour shift to get two of the three done. (Did I mention I wasn't working GS? I was Drive Up, filling my waiting time with doing STS orders)

Not sure if this is entirely relevant to the thread, but I worked a 7-10am SCO shift yesterday (Monday), and right around 9am no registers were accepting Red Card payments. Did this happen anywhere else? I guess we're lucky it didn't happen Black Friday, but Cyber Monday's not the ideal day for this to occur either. I left just as it was getting busy, and I felt so bad for the girl taking over for me.
Now people are trying to return items that were processed during the outage- but they weren't ever charged!! Card lookup doesn't work or the receipt! Big loss!!!! Had to do no receipt returns to make it right!

Our 3 guest service tm, working all at the same time, refused to process the STS orders. A flex tm spent her entire shift at guest service to do them and watched the bored gs tm sit around, chat, and play on their phones. While the other flex tm had over 1000 DPCI’s to pick. Can we find a way to distribute work evenly please ?

Our 3 guest service tm, working all at the same time, refused to process the STS orders. A flex tm spent her entire shift at guest service to do them and watched the bored gs tm sit around, chat, and play on their phones. While the other flex tm had over 1000 DPCI’s to pick. Can we find a way to distribute work evenly please ?
GS is responsible for the STS for us. They’re also supposed to to RTS but LOD usually calls out for flex to do that for them, which isn’t too bad. When I’m GS I do the RTS if I have time but don’t think anyone else up there knows how to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back