Archived Damage discount

Status
Not open for further replies.
In your store, if a guest brings up a usable-but-cosmetically-damaged item, how much of a damage discount does your allow you to offer to the guest? Also, if a guest brings up fresh fruit or vegetables that are obviously close to spoiling, how much of a "damage" discount does your store allow you to offer?

We don't fight guests on that unless they are obviously trying to game the system.

Spoiled or outdate food I refuse to sell but offer a discount on fresh product as a thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Damaged packaging is item dependant. A bad corner on a box of cereal is different from one on a tv.

10% damage.
I work in electronics so I never have to deal with spoiled fruit and vegetables.

Our rule was 10% was never questioned. Greater than 10% discount given and the cashier may have to answer some questions if they didn’t confirm with leadership first.

In your store, if a guest brings up a usable-but-cosmetically-damaged item, how much of a damage discount does your allow you to offer to the guest? Also, if a guest brings up fresh fruit or vegetables that are obviously close to spoiling, how much of a "damage" discount does your store allow you to offer?

I do 15 for general merchandise. Though I think its extremely weird guests would want to buy spoiled fruit. I'd do 50% if they want it but don't offer it.

10%, officially.

If a guest tries to insist on more, I call the LOD. Unless the damage is more like "damage" than actual damage.

Sometimes I just do a rewrap sticker for the guest so that’s what 33% off. That’s if they catch me on the salesfloor. Come to a register with it it’s 10%. I’ve even done 50% off for a nightstand a few times. Those ones that look like they were dropped from the top of the steel in the backroom and a corner is just crushed. I mean salvage only gives us like 10% of the price on average so Target gets more $ even if I sell it at 50% off

10% on hardlines, my store won't sell food that's close on date if the guest demands a discount because, naturally, we want them to get the best quality possible. 😏

9/10 I only offer 10%. If I can notice some actual damage to the product they could argue me to 15% but not going any higher than that.

If I notice that a guest brings up fruit or produce that has some spoiled product, I point it out and offer to not sell it or give a 25-40% discount on items with discreet unspoiled items. So If a bag a lemons has one out of 5 that look questionable I might offer 25% off or 2 of 5 40%. If it is half or more I won't sell it. Yesterday I probably gave out 4 discounts of 10 % off roses that had brown edges.

A guest tried to argue with me the other day and demanded that we give them 30% off a car seat that was like $279.99 because there was a tiny hole in the box. 😂 they had two of them that both somehow had a tiny hole stabbed into the box and wanted the same thing for both. LOL

"Somehow" had a tiny hole.....

I'd probably have at least tried to tell them that for liability reasons, I couldn't sell a damaged car seat at all. I'm reasonably sure my GSTL would back me up because they would also recognize this as a scam attempt.

At my store, TMs are empowered to give 10% for actual product damage. Nothing for packaging damage, even on something like Funkos where a pristine package is a big deal.

Depends what it is. I would typically offer 10% but if it’s actually damage or missing something I would use myStats (now in MPM) and see what the mark up is for the item and I would go as low was 5% below the mark up. So if Target makes 30% off the item I would offer 25% off.

"Somehow" had a tiny hole.....

I'd probably have at least tried to tell them that for liability reasons, I couldn't sell a damaged car seat at all. I'm reasonably sure my GSTL would back me up because they would also recognize this as a scam attempt.

At my store, TMs are empowered to give 10% for actual product damage. Nothing for packaging damage, even on something like Funkos where a pristine package is a big deal.
yeah I offer nothing on package damage for funkos and the like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back