How do you use employee discount?

How do you use employee discount? Is it your ID badge or is it another card? Also do you have to be working there a certain length of time?

Thank you

No length of time requirement. You should have gotten a discount card in orientation that has a barcode to scan. At leaat thats how my store does it. If you need to you can order another one

At my store you get a handwritten paper card for the first 2 weeks or so before your barcode card comes in. You present the card. You can also go into your target.com account. Go to settings. Go to about me and you should be able go into edit and add that employee number. It will automatically get added when you scan the barcode on your app. Keep in mind that you can only use the discount if you are paying with Cash, a target gift card (an not one you just bought with a non target credit or debit card), a target credit or debit card, or a Snap card. You used to be able to use a target credit union debit card but I don't know if that is still an option. If you are using a non target credit card or debit card you can't use the discount. When you add the employee number not only will the 10% employee discount come off but any other applicable discount like the 20% off target wellness discount.

The ASANTS policy at my store is if you don't have the card but you work at that store, the cashier can manually add the employee number for the discount. If you work at another Target store you have to have the card or use the app barcode with the discount already added.

You can also add it to your Target Circle account. For the most part only electronics people check to see if a discount is applied.

Also only your kid/spouse can use your card. No moms,dads,aunt,uncle and siblings. You have be present if they are using the discount.
This is a big one. If you are a minor your parents are not able to use your discount either. I used to have to shut down parents who were so excited that their child had got a job at target to use their discount. Sorry but that's not how it works. In order to use your discount the person using it has to be YOUR dependent, so a spouse or a child who you still claim on your taxes.

You not only have to be present but technically you have to be paying for the merchandise yourself. You can use your discount on something you are splitting the cost of as long as your end is 50% or higher.

Also don't purchase things with your discount that you are trying to later sell at a profit.

You not only have to be present but technically you have to be paying for the merchandise yourself.
Been a tm for more than 20 years. My children often did my shopping for me and nobody ever said I had to be present. Is this new or did nobody care? (They used my redcard to pay, so I was paying.)

Been a tm for more than 20 years. My children often did my shopping for me and nobody ever said I had to be present. Is this new or did nobody care? (They used my redcard to pay, so I was paying.)
More than likely no one cares, as no one really would if any of the other rules were broken. I assume they are your adult children? If they are filed as dependents they are able to shop for you and use your discount.

Edit: not that anyone doesn't care because I'm sure corporate would but I meant a TM more than likely doesn't even know or wouldn't turn you in.

More than likely no one cares, as no one really would if any of the other rules were broken. I assume they are your adult children? If they are filed as dependents they are able to shop for you and use your discount.

Edit: not that anyone doesn't care because I'm sure corporate would but I meant a TM more than likely doesn't even know or wouldn't turn you in.
No. Adult children do not qualify as dependents.

Yeah given the fact they used your Red Card in your name with your discount it probably never sent any red flags for AP to look into. That being said if it was for you and you were paying you probably were in the clear anyway.

Only people ive ever seen get caught are people giving their card to random friends and their friends not understanding they cant use their random credit or debit card in their name to pay for stuff.

Buying hot items and posting on social media for sale or on eBay where your coworkers can see will get you busted and fired.

Yeah given the fact they used your Red Card in your name with your discount it probably never sent any red flags for AP to look into. That being said if it was for you and you were paying you probably were in the clear anyway.

Only people ive ever seen get caught are people giving their card to random friends and their friends not understanding they cant use their random credit or debit card in their name to pay for stuff.

Buying hot items and posting on social media for sale or on eBay where your coworkers can see will get you busted and fired.

honestly I don't really see many people getting reported for just like a single pair of airpods. I think the only time (at least at my store ) that they "look into" something is when those scammers come in and try to use a TM discount on a huge apple purchase

Back