Archived DBO areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this really a dbo area? I would imagine in some high volume stores it is. Our store is already over headcount by 2 TL ..so my store created a “GM4TL” to oversee it. Don’t know how we are making the payroll !
They are not in high volume stores if they own that much .

I don't own an area, when they allow me out on the floor the TL just has me pretend I own an area, sometimes multiple areas at once during the day, sometimes rotating through multiple areas during a single shift.

Me too buddy. How you hanging in there? Cause I’m not
Not the same areas, but I have 44 aisles that I am responsible for and am not scheduled more than 29 hours/week. This is more than twice the number of aisles than any other DBO in our store. 8 vehicles of freight /day plus pulls along with the other usual daily tasks. I am overwhelmed and exhausted and barely making it. Some days I get some help, but it's rare.

Not the same areas, but I have 44 aisles that I am responsible for and am not scheduled more than 29 hours/week. This is more than twice the number of aisles than any other DBO in our store. 8 vehicles of freight /day plus pulls along with the other usual daily tasks. I am overwhelmed and exhausted and barely making it. Some days I get some help, but it's rare.
I’ve just accepted that my push will never be done unless I get major help. And I’m never one to ask for help. I’m going to try my hardest to do my best on my own. Toys is the big work load. And of course that’s not getting an lighter in the next coming months. I am tired.

Me too buddy. How you hanging in there? Cause I’m not
You're not alone! The workload in toys has been absolutely ridiculous and I can't keep up. I haven't had a full 8 hour shift in MONTHS and it's definitely showing. Most days I can't even touch anything outside of toys and I'm always rolling freight.

All the clearance has been causing major headaches. Half of the toys transition from last month still isn't set.

I'm with you, getting really tired. I'm constantly challenging leadership to schedule me more hours, or get me some help. Nothing ever changes. Nothing ever gets done when I'm gone and it's always my problem when I get back. I can't imagine how ugly Q4 will be if it's this bad now.

You're not alone! The workload in toys has been absolutely ridiculous and I can't keep up. I haven't had a full 8 hour shift in MONTHS and it's definitely showing. Most days I can't even touch anything outside of toys and I'm always rolling freight.

All the clearance has been causing major headaches. Half of the toys transition from last month still isn't set.

I'm with you, getting really tired. I'm constantly challenging leadership to schedule me more hours, or get me some help. Nothing ever changes. Nothing ever gets done when I'm gone and it's always my problem when I get back. I can't imagine how ugly Q4 will be if it's this bad now.
The clearance man... it’s an ugodly amount and nobody seemed to think about how terrible it would all turn out. Thankfully we got everything set except for the Nerf isle. We just rolled clearance from there into my summer/sport isles. It’s a giant mess and the prices are going lower everyday and there’s no way I can keep up with all of it. Half is probably salvage. I’m hanging on for when I get a few tm’s for seasonal help. But then again I’ll have to deal with training them on what to do and not to do just to make sure they don’t make my job harder having to go behind them. Haven’t touched Luggage/Auto/ASOTV in months and it shows. I really only get to take care of sporting goods cause i get a decent amount on the truck for it so i just zone as I push. Just way too much for one person to keep up with with the very limited hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back