Archived Dear corporate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does training have to be so hard, why can't you make diagrams? Or a mock pog explaining what each thing means? Or how about an actual picture that shows you how to do peghooks when you don't have a battleship? What about how to read yellow adjacencies and what back walls are standard and what are not? Or how to tell.

I also want clarification. Who pulls my pogs? Who sets tune in? Who puts up soft lines billboards and 7x11,s because if it's signing then that's a huge disaster due to the fact my male TM has no idea what a curvy cut or poncho sweater is. Who prints 3 by 5's? Why can't you outline responsibilities?? who was suppose to build the basic shippers and where do those hours come from? What are the actual responsibility and routines my signing person should have? What about the PPTL, SL TL, HL TLAND ETC. if my pricing TM can't complete Tuesday's workload how am I suppose to hold them accountable if I'm not sure how many hours that day's workload should've taken?

Why can't every team just have there own guides with how to dos', responsibilities, brand and diagrams?

Do you know how much this would improves process and training?

Sincerely a girl who needs some black and white in her grey works.

End rant.

Bullseyes,

We don't need to make instructions clear (and what are those POG thingies you are referring to?). EVERYONE knows that pixies and gnomes break into all Targets everywhere and complete all the work that we don't give adequate explanation or hours for! DUH!! Also responsibility is overrated and BRAND is for sissies!

Sincerely,

Corporate

Why do you need outlines of responsibilities? Just get the work done

You would need have your responsibilities outlined to complete them. You can not get the job done if you do not know what the job is.

As for the OP Target avoids things like who should be doing the pulls etc because if they told you they would have to provide hours for it. This way your store just has to sort of figure some way to do it, even if it leads to infighting and delays.

Literally everything you asked for exists.

Why does training have to be so hard, why can't you make diagrams? Or a mock pog explaining what each thing means? Or how about an actual picture that shows you how to do peghooks when you don't have a battleship?
On workbench there are mock pog labels as well as mock DC labels explaining what each item on the labels means.
Both the POG quick quide and the team trainer guide explain how to set peghooks (also, if you need a battleship you shouldn't be setting pogs)

What about how to read yellow adjacencies and what back walls are standard and what are not? Or how to tell.
Both of these items are in the training guide for POG TL

I also want clarification. Who pulls my pogs? Who sets tune in? Who puts up soft lines billboards and 7x11,s because if it's signing then that's a huge disaster due to the fact my male TM has no idea what a curvy cut or poncho sweater is. Who prints 3 by 5's? Why can't you outline responsibilities?? who was suppose to build the basic shippers and where do those hours come from? What are the actual responsibility and routines my signing person should have?
Most of this information is on your adjacency calendar, including the hours and individual areas of responsibility. Responsibilities are listed in each positions core roles.

What about the PPTL, SL TL, HL TLAND ETC. if my pricing TM can't complete Tuesday's workload how am I suppose to hold them accountable if I'm not sure how many hours that day's workload should've taken?
There is a standard for tickets/hr that changes frequently. Ask your DTL or your STL what the current standard is. Did they meet that many tickets? Yes? Well then you didn't plan properly. No? Ok, coach them.

Why can't every team just have there own guides with how to dos', responsibilities, brand and diagrams?
They do, did you look?

Do you know how much this would improves process and training?
All of the training material in the world would not improve anything. If you want your team to be properly trained, go train them. If you feel like your training is lacking, get on the phone and ask your peers. It isn't anyone's responsibility but your own to be properly trained (your own meaning the general you, as in the person being trained)

Sincerely a girl who needs some black and white in her grey works.

End rant.

At the end of the day, none of this matters. You are the leader and if you properly plan and manage both your workload and team, then it will be done and no one gives a shit how it happens. I'm not saying there aren't weeks where workload is unachieveable, there definitely are. But for the most part stop thinking of your TM's as separate. They are one team and you should utilize ALL of them to do ALL of the things.

Psssst: you work at Target. Being fucked over is a given :p

And the fucked over goes both ways..

Hey Mr. DTL have you seen the fire isle? No? You better check out the new storage area for BTC plastics! Be sure to check out how ETL blahblah is handling our trash by making us manage it cause she doesn't have time to throw it. So its a giant pile in front of the compactor door. And PFresh is out if trash cans.

Have a nice walk!

I am one nasty bitch when I want to be.. I caught him walking in as I left for the day... My phone was blowing up about an hour later!

Be sure to check out how ETL blahblah is handling our trash by making us manage it cause she doesn't have time to throw it. So its a giant pile in front of the compactor door. And PFresh is out if trash cans.

And even if we had time to take care of the garbage, we can't because the LOD won't come back to unlock the fucking door. Or let the truck driver in who's been waiting outside for 7 eternities.

This thread wasn't as cool as I thought it was going to be. I thought, (since corporate HAS to lurk here), that this would be our platform to passively complain to them/suggest massive improvements from a practical viewpoint, rather than a "I'm 20 something and just got out of business school" viewpoint.

The real thing we need to be asking of corporate is for them to fucking turn on the AC when it is 100 degrees in August!!!
Can't even tell you how many guest complaints I get about the heat and lack of proper air conditioning. Just because we're an older store doesn't mean people should be made so uncomfortable they want to "drop their things and leave". I can't help but agree.

Can't even tell you how many guest complaints I get about the heat and lack of proper air conditioning. Just because we're an older store doesn't mean people should be made so uncomfortable they want to "drop their things and leave". I can't help but agree.

Agreed. I hate sweating my ass off in the summer, and I hate poking through my shirt in the winter. Any time guests complain about the temperature in the store, I tell them some yahoos at corporate all the way in Minnesota control the thermostat. Then the guest and I laugh because our climate is in no way similar to Minnesota.

ab0PXAL_700b_v1.jpg

You would need have your responsibilities outlined to complete them. You can not get the job done if you do not know what the job is.

As for the OP Target avoids things like who should be doing the pulls etc because if they told you they would have to provide hours for it. This way your store just has to sort of figure some way to do it, even if it leads to infighting and delays.

The responsibilities are outlined. Everything that the OP was asking for is already posted on workbench. At the end of the day being a leader in the building means figuring things out and getting the job done. This is a job not pre k where someone is gonna hold your hand and help you along

Well since this is about training, it's nice that the trainees have an outline of their responsibilites, no?

The training is outlined. Look at the core roles and your job is outlined pretty clear. All the info you need for your job is posted if people can't find that info then that's there issue

The training is outlined. Look at the core roles and your job is outlined pretty clear. All the info you need for your job is posted if people can't find that info then that's there issue

OK just because you don't think it'd be useful doesn't mean other people would

My new thing, for when people tell me it is hot in the store, is to tell them they can go fill out the survey at the bottom of their receipt and tell our corporate offices that the store is hot. lol Don't know if corporate actually looks at those surveys but damn I hope so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back