Archived Dear Plano

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do signing, the revisions, and help with POG. I probably spend 2 days signing, 2 days revisions, and I day pog.

My favorite is having a 5 minute revision in an aisle and the ETL expecting the WHOLE aisle perfect after.

Our flow TMs who sort repacks throughly sort the transition pallets by aisle. Then, when the slow-ass plano team takes forever to set the aisles and leave no time to push, the flow team stays late the next day to push those sorted repacks.

Capacities set from corporate are all over the damn place. The worst one I've seen so far is 4 facings of some soup can had a capacity of over 2k. The POG might have called for the shelf at that height. Just because capacity says differently doesn't mean a whole lot.
Looking at the schematic now, looks like all the POG team did was add labels and shift around merchandise, not changing any shelf heights. Lazy bums.

So if all these Plano teams are so awful, where is the management? Why isn't it taken care of? When I transferred stores, the whole POG team was in the middle of being let go. Within two months of me getting there, the whole team, including the tl, was gone.

So if it's as bad as picture at some of these stores as is painted, why is it allowed to happen?

So if all these Plano teams are so awful, where is the management? Why isn't it taken care of? When I transferred stores, the whole POG team was in the middle of being let go. Within two months of me getting there, the whole team, including the tl, was gone.

So if it's as bad as picture at some of these stores as is painted, why is it allowed to happen?
Because Target is not very good at developing its leaders. So, unless you have someone who really cares about what they do, you're not going to see many people being held accountable for poor performance.

I'll speak for my store. Our Plano was at its best when our etl ops was their manager and stayed on their @$$ about getting their stuff done.

Now that we lost the position and they report to the etl log. The squeaky wheel gets the oil and he is too busy worrying about flow and the truck unload.

We are still overnight temporarily so while our etl log goes home around 7 or so. Plano is only 3 hours into their shift.

Come on people, no one has a good plano team? I refuse to believe that. I see a lot of people talking some pretty big crap so I am assuming their departments run perfectly. No one has the balls to step up and defend their plano team? For the people that seem to know "why" their plano team sucks, does your STL give them the hours for their workload or does the STL play fast and loose with hours? There are so many variables to a poorly performing plano team. You may have a good leader in the process of performancing poor performers out and you won't know it. You may have a poor leader but a great team just needing leadership.

Our plano team is behind but we try super hard to not be jerks. We stage tubs of our backstock to do the next day, we pull our own batches...we set the pogs as we're instructed but if we don't have all of the product we might not know that it's wrong, but I've moved plenty of pegs and shelves around to accommodate product. Every single of my team members are hardworking and strive to do a good job for the store and just for the pride of a job well done. I don't know what people think of us at my store but I hope they aren't as pissed at us as some of you are at your plano teams. Yikes. :/

Come on people, no one has a good plano team? I refuse to believe that. I see a lot of people talking some pretty big crap so I am assuming their departments run perfectly. No one has the balls to step up and defend their plano team? For the people that seem to know "why" their plano team sucks, does your STL give them the hours for their workload or does the STL play fast and loose with hours? There are so many variables to a poorly performing plano team. You may have a good leader in the process of performancing poor performers out and you won't know it. You may have a poor leader but a great team just needing leadership.
While ours doesn't purposely make life harder for the backroom team, they're still just all around slow. They were spoiled by their previous TL who was always on top of everything and eventually promoted to ETL at another store. The current TL is useless and was thrown into the position with no training or logistics experience. The team is essentially run by a veteran TM who ends up spending too much time planning and helping the TL and other TMs. Besides that TM and the TL, there are three other TMs. One works independently from the team on smaller revisions and salesplanners, one gives zero shits about doing the job correctly, and one actually cares and does a good job (albeit slowly).

Our backroom and flow teams carry plano, and they give no recognition to that fact. Their stuff gets sorted correctly by the backroom no matter what. Even if it's in hundreds of repacks or it's a huge set and they forgot to pre-tie it. They would be completely fucked if the backroom one day just decided to backstock everything that wasn't in a casepack with a pre-tie location.

My store is just the opposite it seems. I'm not going to bash the backroom here, but our backroom has been struggling for over a year. That's through two tl's and two etl's.

We have a lot of good people on the Plano and pricing team. But I'll say this ... we struggle. Between backup cashiering, getting carts, and missing fixtures, label straps, etc.

So when I hear people on here bashing other teams, I think of the day our whole team was pulled to the backroom to help backstock because they were so far buried under backstock. The day I see a backroom tm come out an help me set revisions because I'm behind, I'll eat a bug.

My store is just the opposite it seems. I'm not going to bash the backroom here, but our backroom has been struggling for over a year. That's through two tl's and two etl's.

We have a lot of good people on the Plano and pricing team. But I'll say this ... we struggle. Between backup cashiering, getting carts, and missing fixtures, label straps, etc.

So when I hear people on here bashing other teams, I think of the day our whole team was pulled to the backroom to help backstock because they were so far buried under backstock. The day I see a backroom tm come out an help me set revisions because I'm behind, I'll eat a bug.
Our backroom was in bad shape for a while due to a shitty ETL-Log, but last week we legit had a BRTM help set domestics because the backroom was caught up and POG was so far behind.

If they get done and numbers they report look good they don't give two shits. As long as they look good to others they can get away with murder.

We have ONE brand new plano tm who actually backs up, sets & pushes their merchandise and has the most organized backstock you have ever seen! Absolutely amazing plano tm! But it boggles my mind why the other experienced members are unable to do the same.

If they get done and numbers they report look good they don't give two shits. As long as they look good to others they can get away with murder.

Well dang, that sounds like every STL I've ever had. They should be promoted.

How can "they look good to others" if some people DO notice? Maybe what's happening is management notices, but they just don't care.

Well dang, that sounds like every STL I've ever had. They should be promoted.

How can "they look good to others" if some people DO notice? Maybe what's happening is management notices, but they just don't care.

That too. We have been told if they set in time and the numbers are green we can deal with issues later and later never comes. Why we aisles that were set last year that we never research. And we get asked about "well it wasn't set correctly so we can't research or rig them, sorry."

Repeat every couple of months.

Cosmetics is becoming another pog black hole. That major reset I know was a cluster, but that doesn't mean you don't go back and fix aisle after aisle you have product and locations but you didn't actually put hardware for the facings. The hardware has come in cause you told us but not doing that isn't helping.

And saying why don't I do it? Nope not when they announces they knew about the issues and promised to fix it.

I don't think anyone is painting a picture of a totally awful team. Each store's team... any/every team.... has areas of "opportunity" that will help another team be more efficient if they make sure it's done. Of course there are good things. That would be where the team is doing their job. Are you looking for Dear Plano with warm fuzzies and heartfelt feels? Would you rather we gave participation awards? Dear plano: Thank you for using shelves and labels. Thank you for telling the backroom that there are pog fills in the gun that they need to pull. You do an awesome job letting other teams get experience with back up cashiering and answering phone calls. In one place it may look like awful teams, but they are little things at lots of individual stores that are learning opportunities. These small "annoyances" that affect other teams are certainly not "fireable offenses", but if a TL sees it here it may be a little wake up that they can take back to their store and improve their team.

I don't think anyone is painting a picture of a totally awful team. Each store's team... any/every team.... has areas of "opportunity" that will help another team be more efficient if they make sure it's done. Of course there are good things. That would be where the team is doing their job. Are you looking for Dear Plano with warm fuzzies and heartfelt feels? Would you rather we gave participation awards? Dear plano: Thank you for using shelves and labels. Thank you for telling the backroom that there are pog fills in the gun that they need to pull. You do an awesome job letting other teams get experience with back up cashiering and answering phone calls. In one place it may look like awful teams, but they are little things at lots of individual stores that are learning opportunities. These small "annoyances" that affect other teams are certainly not "fireable offenses", but if a TL sees it here it may be a little wake up that they can take back to their store and improve their team.

You have a point ... but when people come on here and use words like "spoiled, useless, gives zero shits" etc, it sounds like kids on a playground name calling.

It's a contentious team. To the rest of the store, it looks like plano is favored by leadership being showered with hours and having their unfinished work passed off to everyone else. It looks really different from the inside and those without a lot of experience with it mostly see the results, which aren't pretty most of the time, to be fair. Not the sets, the sets generally look good and the store looks better (ASANTS) but the leftover headaches and batches and cardboard and fixtures (dear god, the mess outside my fixture room is growing) are another story.

I thought going into it that it would be rewarding, but then I forgot who I worked for and I am definitely thankful to be out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back