Archived Do Ex-Team Members get preference for rehire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garbage

Former TPS/Current Security at major grocery chain
Basically what the post title says. I used to worked at Target for a little over 3 years. No write ups or anything. I left late 2017. Things changed and I want to get back in with Target. I left on very good terms but am applying at a different location. My question is, from your experience, do previous employees get preference for rehire?

Basically what the post title says. I used to worked at Target for a little over 3 years. No write ups or anything. I left late 2017. Things changed and I want to get back in with Target. I left on very good terms but am applying at a different location. My question is, from your experience, do previous employees get preference for rehire?
Not at my store. Our HR seems to prefer people off the street without a clue because then she can mold them to be how she wants them to be.

My store, most definitely. I really didn't even have much of an interview when I came back to Spot.

My question is, from your experience, do previous employees get preference for rehire?

Yes, but only those marked as rehirable by their previous store. Non-rehirable is a risky gamble because most of them don't work out (the majority of them job abandon).

Last edited:
I was in a similar situation where I decided that I wanted to end up back with Target. All I can say is, if your store manager is anything like the one who hired me, why you left Target may come up, so be prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back