Archived Do you accept tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Retail girl, I'm going to put you on my postcard list. You're gonna love the one I send to you. I am going to send postcards to anyone that had ever doubted,trashed, hated, or bashed me. The list is long but haters and doubters need to be put in this place.
I don't hate you. But in all the time I've been on here, you keep saying you want to leave Target, but then make every excuse in the world why you won't or can't. And if you don't want to leave, that's fine.

But if you think you can't be a good person and make something of yourself in this country, you are sadly mistaken. And that attitude is, quite frankly, going to hold you back and continue to make you feel miserable. Unfortunately this is a lesson you are going to have to learn on your own.

In seven years, I've probably been offered six tips. I resort to "It's all part of the service" to turn them down. It's not worth the hassle and embarrassment of being fired for a couple bucks

As a barista, people were always offering me tips & I'd say that as Target employees we weren't allowed but to do a survey instead.
People would take the slips only to wad them up & toss them so I stopped mentioning it.
Folks would walk off leaving bills/change on the counter so I put it in a small cup until my AP buddy said that was a bad idea.
So I put a lid on the cup, took it to my HR & said it was my United Way contribution for the year.

Retail girl, I'm going to put you on my postcard list. You're gonna love the one I send to you. I am going to send postcards to anyone that had ever doubted,trashed, hated, or bashed me. The list is long but haters and doubters need to be put in this place.

You seem to think we all get delight out of you failing. Not one of us wants you to fail, we just don't see you doing anything else until you choose to.

Whining about your luck, or boasting about how big you're going to make it aren't going to result in change. Your luck will change when your methods change. Hate your job? Get a new one, don't whine for all of eternity about how shitty your life is while doing nothing to change any of it.

I never once asked for a tip or tried using guilt on a Guest to get a tip. If I helped them get their stuff to their car and they tried giving me a tip I always made it clear with them that they are not expected to tip us and management does not want us accepting tips. In 10yrs I got tipped 3 times and the guests just would not take "no thank you" for an answer.

I just in turn donate it to the rescue I work with. Good vibes move down the line. Cause that is my go to if a tip is offered, animal shelters could always use the cash.

I always believed that a guest wanting to tip is between that guest and the team member. I remember one VERY hot muggy July day I helped load a large patio set into a guest's pick-up truck and the guest handed me a 5 in my hand and said "thank you! please go buy yourself a soda!"

I read on workbench that Best Practice states that if a guest leaves money for us, to put that money into the 549 account but I don't know how that is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back