Archived Do you accept tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
During Christmas season, when bringing up flexes from the back like TV, the CA was always busy so the brtm help guest bring items to their car. We ended up getting a ton of tips during that time. To the point where we would race to w get for guest if it was a large item.

Does your store allow you to take or keep tips.

TMs cannot accept tips, no matter how small the dollar amount. This includes gift cards. You can be terminated if you're caught accepting a tip.

In situations where it's unavoidable (I.e. The guest literally puts money in your hand and walks away), be sure to immediately report this to an ETL or AP.

TMs cannot accept tips, no matter how small the dollar amount. This includes gift cards. You can be terminated if you're caught accepting a tip.

In situations where it's unavoidable (I.e. The guest literally puts money in your hand and walks away), be sure to immediately report this to an ETL or AP.
Ap told me the etl Ap just keeps any tips people report lol

That's a thing? Where do it go or what is it used for?
Usually, located at guest services. Any found $$ or gift cards on the floor, should be turned in & get documented by gs. So if a guest comes up & says I lost xx amount of $$$, just like a paid & left.

Target wants all lost money, and tips, to be put into their registers. Assholes.

Usually, located at guest services. Any found $$ or gift cards on the floor, should be turned in & get documented by gs. So if a guest comes up & says I lost xx amount of $$$, just like a paid & left.
Why would someone come back for tip money?

Yeah, you had better talk to the ETL-AP asap before she writes the hr-cover letter and terms you. You might be able to convince her to give you a second chance.
Accepting tips is absolutely forbidden and is considered "theft from guests," (I know, it's dumb, but don't blame the messenger) which is an HR Violation, and term-able after the first offence.

Yeah, you had better talk to the ETL-AP asap before she writes the hr-cover letter and terms you. You might be able to convince her to give you a second chance.
Accepting tips is absolutely forbidden and is considered "theft from guests," (I know, it's dumb, but don't blame the messenger) which is an HR Violation, and term-able after the first offence.
Well its been like two weeks and all the brtm are still here so I guess Ap doesn't care or know

I had a woman try to give me money and I literally had to turn around and run away. I was not going to get fired because she couldn't take no for an answer. I think her $2 blew away into a drain somewhere. I wish they would just take no for an answer and piss off.

A guest shoves a 20 in my hand and rushed off after saying thanks because I found and returned his tablet and phone. I was freaked out and looked towards the STL who kind of just looked at me and walked away. The GSA didn't say anything either. It was Christmas eve almost closing so I'm pretty sure...no one really cared. I keep 20 on me just in case they want me to "turn it in" or something

A standard investigation could take weeks. You could be pulled into the AP months from now.
Oh, I probably won't still be here months from now lol. I mean, I've accepted tips for the last three years. If it was a big deal, I guess I would of been fired by now. I've never even been coached lol

A guest shoves a 20 in my hand and rushed off after saying thanks because I found and returned his tablet and phone. I was freaked out and looked towards the STL who kind of just looked at me and walked away. The GSA didn't say anything either. It was Christmas eve almost closing so I'm pretty sure...no one really cared. I keep 20 on me just in case they want me to "turn it in" or something
Something similar happened to me. A guest handed me a $20, ran away, and I brought it to the GSTL and they just told me to keep it. Felt guilty doing so.

That wasn't a tip, it was a reward :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back