Archived Do you carry.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I worked at Target and someone walked up to me and fed me some bullshit about a product we never carried no matter how much they said we did or shit I've never even heard of I would just turn into Jonny Lee Miller's version of Sherlock Holmes and go...
tumblr_nrj43nOD6t1r830qbo5_250.gif

I was sort of like that but in the sense that I loved the challenge of either finding the product or dragging them all over the store to prove them wrong.
Showing them the exact spot on the shelf where the product would be if we actually carried it was actually kind of funny but then I'm easily amused.

I was sort of like that but in the sense that I loved the challenge of either finding the product or dragging them all over the store to prove them wrong.
Showing them the exact spot on the shelf where the product would be if we actually carried it was actually kind of funny but then I'm easily amused.
I did the "Hmmm let me see." And then played on my myDevice for a good 30 minutes while I slowly walked around the store with them behind me before turning around and going "Oh actually we don't sell that it's an online only item." Is that the kind of fun you're referring to?

I did the "Hmmm let me see." And then played on my myDevice for a good 30 minutes while I slowly walked around the store with them behind me before turning around and going "Oh actually we don't sell that it's an online only item." Is that the kind of fun you're referring to?

Why yes, yes it is.

Why yes, yes it is.
Kinda like a slow version of "crack the whip"....lol

Had a guy looking for the heads for a specific toothbrush the other day. We carry the toothbrush, but not the replacement heads. He asked, "why do you carry the brush, but not the replacement heads?" I said, "good question. I'll bring that up to the head of this department...they may carry them at the bigger stores or online" (Not that it will do any good, but I'll bring it up) I looked online and we don't carry them online either.

Had a guy looking for the heads for a specific toothbrush the other day. We carry the toothbrush, but not the replacement heads. He asked, "why do you carry the brush, but not the replacement heads?" I said, "good question. I'll bring that up to the head of this department...they may carry them at the bigger stores or online" (Not that it will do any good, but I'll bring it up) I looked online and we don't carry them online either.
I had a guy ask me about replacement blades for an electric shaver, we didn't even carry it online.
"I bought the razor here, you should carry the replacement blades!"
"Let me look on the iPad, hmm. We don't even carry them online. How long ago did you buy your electric razor?"
"Six years ago."
SMH...

I had a guy ask me about replacement blades for an electric shaver, we didn't even carry it online.
"Let me look on the iPad, hmm. We don't even carry them online. How long ago did you buy your electric razor?"
"Six years ago."
SMH...

We only ever seem to have two or three models of replacement heads, despite selling several models of electric razors.

Guest calls in the other day. She's looking for Coca Cola glasses. I'm pretty sure we don't carry them but check it out anyway. I tell guest "sorry, but we don't have them". Guest admits "Oh, I wasn't sure whether I saw them at Target or some other store. I just remember seeing them recently and thought I'd try all the stores I shop at".

Guest calls in the other day. She's looking for Coca Cola glasses. I'm pretty sure we don't carry them but check it out anyway. I tell guest "sorry, but we don't have them". Guest admits "Oh, I wasn't sure whether I saw them at Target or some other store. I just remember seeing them recently and thought I'd try all the stores I shop at".
During Christmas at spot.

This one makes me ashamed because it was my cousin who asked:
He enters the store, sees me, comes over, and we chat for a little. Then he asks, "DO you guys sell trolling motors?"
"No, nothing like that. You might try the Dick's Sporting Goods across the parking lot,"
"Man, really? I could have sworn I saw trolling motors here before. Are you sure?"
"Yes, [Cousin], I'm sure that we don't sell those."
"Well, I'm just going to walk down here to make sure."
:mad::mad::mad:

We get asked ALL.THE.TIME for the foot baths & paraffin hand things. My store hasn't carried them the ENTIRE time I've worked there, but we could make a KILLING if we did because we probably get asked for them AT LEAST once a week!

We also get asked for compression socks (not just the diabetic socks,) bath chairs, and canes.

"Six years ago."
SMH...
Yep....we get those as well. Or the oil for them. Also had a guy asking for a 4-blade cartridge for the mach-5. He spoke very broken English and I had a difficult time explaining to him that there wasn't a 4-blade cartridge for the Mach-5 (hence the name Mach-5.) He insisted there was.

We get asked ALL.THE.TIME for the foot baths & paraffin hand things. My store hasn't carried them the ENTIRE time I've worked there, but we could make a KILLING if we did because we probably get asked for them AT LEAST once a week!

We also get asked for compression socks (not just the diabetic socks,) bath chairs, and canes.
Compression socks are in luggage.

LOL, I rarely gave my real name on the phone.. I would say it's Betty. There was no Betty at our store.
If I answer the phone where I work now and they ask who they are talking to I say "the operator" If they ask my name I say, one moment please and either put them on hold or ship them off to a department.

I know when I worked there we'd get the foot baths in at Christmas but that was it.

We had them ONE year and that was it. They're available on Target.com, though....
I started when we opened our store in 2006 and left last year(2014) and we carried them every year at Christmas. Usually on an endcap in HBA. I tried to avoid the place last year around Christmas (first non-retail Christmas since 2005) so don't know if they still did or not.

You may get them at Xmas. W only carry them during that time. Just a thought.

Had a guest ask for dry ice. I was dying to know what she would do with it. Preservation of a dead body?

I started when we opened our store in 2006 and left last year(2014) and we carried them every year at Christmas. Usually on an endcap in HBA. I tried to avoid the place last year around Christmas (first non-retail Christmas since 2005) so don't know if they still did or not.
You may get them at Xmas. W only carry them during that time. Just a thought.
Nope, we had them once, the first year I was there and haven't had them since. They were on an end cap in cosmetics (yes, I know that's HBA).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back