Archived Do you carry.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a guy looking for the heads for a specific toothbrush the other day. We carry the toothbrush, but not the replacement heads. He asked, "why do you carry the brush, but not the replacement heads?" I said, "good question. I'll bring that up to the head of this department...they may carry them at the bigger stores or online" (Not that it will do any good, but I'll bring it up) I looked online and we don't carry them online either.

That is a pet-peeve of mine. If you are going to sell a piece of equipment that has parts that need to be replaced on interval and then not carry the replacement parts that are needed to maintain it, why - sell - the - equipment. It is sort of like buying a printer at a store that doesn't carry the ink cartridges or a trimmer without the spindly bits or a razor without the blades.

Not your fault. Somewhere there is an evil-minded manager who does this intentionally. I know it! :)

i am ...
12122570_1096868777049664_5160879432541551209_n.jpg

"Suuuuuuuuure, we carry that! On the shelf right next to the eye of newt & behind the frog toes!"
Hey we have those in seasonal now. Dr Oz wizard of Oz- gimme a minute...
"I confer upon you the Order of Over privileged Suburban Housewife, you have a choice of three Hairstyles, an assortment of LoudToddlers and you must use wrinkle crime and view a short segment about constipation or eyelash mites. Please pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. But check under your chair for your free Fiber and Me gift.

Last edited:
Where are the air compressors?????? Lol you know, over in that tiny area of "Home Improvement". Yeah right.
After being with Target long enough and familiarizing myself with the store and getting all these crazy requests, I've realized we are essentially the equivalent of a larger liquor store or gas station stop. Seriously we have enough items you might be looking for just to get you by and then all this extra crap that's so cute but you don't really need it.

That is a pet-peeve of mine. If you are going to sell a piece of equipment that has parts that need to be replaced on interval and then not carry the replacement parts that are needed to maintain it, why - sell - the - equipment. It is sort of like buying a printer at a store that doesn't carry the ink cartridges or a trimmer without the spindly bits or a razor without the blades.

Not your fault. Somewhere there is an evil-minded manager who does this intentionally. I know it! :)
I DID find out that A) the toothbrush has been discontinued & B) we DO carry "generic" heads that will work on it.

One time there was a large woman putting up and down the market aisles in an electric scooter. She asked me to find Velveeta Bacon Cheddar Breakfast Biscuits. I did an item search and found that we don't carry them. I told her that and she said "no, you have them. I had to get aomeone to pull them off the top shelf right here. You have to have them." I explained that there are none at this store or any store in the area. She called me a liar and said she was going to talk to my manager. My STL explained to her that none of the stores in the area carries them. She putted off in a huff.

I looked up Velveeta Cheddar Bacon Breakfast Biscuits later at home. I don't think that's a thing.

One time there was a large woman putting up and down the market aisles in an electric scooter. She asked me to find Velveeta Bacon Cheddar Breakfast Biscuits. I did an item search and found that we don't carry them. I told her that and she said "no, you have them. I had to get aomeone to pull them off the top shelf right here. You have to have them." I explained that there are none at this store or any store in the area. She called me a liar and said she was going to talk to my manager. My STL explained to her that none of the stores in the area carries them. She putted off in a huff.

I looked up Velveeta Cheddar Bacon Breakfast Biscuits later at home. I don't think that's a thing.
She probably meant Belvita biscuits, but I just looked it up and I don't think there's such thing as Belvita Bacon Cheddar biscuits.

She probably meant Belvita biscuits, but I just looked it up and I don't think there's such thing as Belvita Bacon Cheddar biscuits.
Well shit, if she had gotten the name right I still could have told her we don't carry it.

Wick trimmer.

"It's called a sharp pair of fucking scissors!!!!!!"

she asked me, didn't like my answer and found a co-worker who asked me the same question over the radio. "Yes, she asked me 5min ago and I told her no we don't have them."

I was told the look her face? Priceless. In-Stocks bitch we know where everything is!

Spark plugs for leaf blowers. We're not ULV but we're also not that large a store but I'm guessing even the larger Targets don't carry something that specific.

Spark plugs for leaf blowers. We're not ULV but we're also not that large a store but I'm guessing even the larger Targets don't carry something that specific.

We don't even sell leaf blowers, let alone spark plugs for them. I would've had them go online or try Sears.

Had a guest looking for Lego shaped ice trays or jello molds. After I searched through item search and .com, I told her I couldn't find them and that we didn't carry them. She then asked me if I could find her someone who knows the store better..:mad:

@BlueSide thats when I explain that the magical iPod knows more than any person could ever remember (including every single item in the building and where it's exact location is both on the sales floor and the back room.) If the myDevice shows nothing, then the item simply doesn't exist. Either that or direct her to nearest seasonal newb and let them deal with her. They've got to learn at some point haha.

I'm on vacation in a different state and we were looking for playing cards. Out of habit, I said, "we should have them in toys by the hand heads and games..." A guest overheard me and asked, "do you carry Cards Against Humanity?" I said, "well, I don't work at this store, but no, Target doesn't..." :cool:

I'm on vacation in a different state and we were looking for playing cards. Out of habit, I said, "we should have them in toys by the hand heads and games..." A guest overheard me and asked, "do you carry Cards Against Humanity?" I said, "well, I don't work at this store, but no, Target doesn't..." :cool:
By the hand heads?

Elderly guest wanted to know why we didn't carry VHS cassette players. She was pretty angry about it, too. I explained that most people used CDs these days, but she might be able to find one at Best Buy. Apparently, they don't carry them either. So, I suggested she check eBay. I then got a 15 minute lecture on why she would never have a computer in her house that instead, she plays music for entertainment. Music makes you smarter, prevents memory losses, etc. She starts quoting research studies on the benefits of music. She then proceeds to tell me that she is a classical pianist who also had a career as a local nightclub singer and starts singing to me. Turns out, she has tapes of some of her performances and wanted to share them with her grandchildren. But she was not going to transfer them to CDs ever, no way.

Elderly guest wanted to know why we didn't carry VHS cassette players. She was pretty angry about it, too. I explained that most people used CDs these days, but she might be able to find one at Best Buy. Apparently, they don't carry them either. So, I suggested she check eBay. I then got a 15 minute lecture on why she would never have a computer in her house that instead, she plays music for entertainment. Music makes you smarter, prevents memory losses, etc. She starts quoting research studies on the benefits of music. She then proceeds to tell me that she is a classical pianist who also had a career as a local nightclub singer and starts singing to me. Turns out, she has tapes of some of her performances and wanted to share them with her grandchildren. But she was not going to transfer them to CDs ever, no way.
And you didn't sell her one of our cassette players, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back