Archived Does your planogram team respond to back up, guest service calls, etc etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they respond? Absolutely not. Never. And that is how it should be. Not only is it a huge safety hazard (leaving unset fixtures to potential be knocked over, tripped on, messed with by a guest who gets hurt, etc.) but there is no way they could possibly get sets done on time if they are pulled to do other tasks.

Our plano team helps out with backups and callboxes throughout their shift.

This is how it goes on my shift, be it morning, mid, or closing.... when I call for back up our team has 60 seconds to respond just like any other call button. If they are with a guest, they announce it over the walkie. then I will ask "thank you xxxx, team if you are not with a guest can you respond.?"... if ii get a response, I will speed-weave guest to a checklane and ensure them I am going to have a TM open there, then I inform the TM that has responded to open on that particular checklane. If I do not get a response, I say one more time "team, I need all register and/or service desk trained TM's to respond for fact service please (I always have a grid on me so I call them out by name). by this time if no one has responded, the LOD even sometimes our STL will help me out, then I will jump on and apologize for the wait. I always tell the team to treat front lanes fast service calls as any other call button and it seems to work. I understand that the zone has to be perfect and there are a million and one carts of strays to be worked on, etc. But the guests come first and when they do not have a fast check out or they see us calling for back-up and no one responds... who do you think they complain to? us or the LOD.'s... Even with the equipment room.. I find it funny (not funny ha ha) that when we are on back up, even sometimes helping a guest that we get the "GSTL to the equipment room please" call.... when this happens and we are on back up, it annoys me and I tell that TM that the sooner we get back up down the sooner ii can step off the front.

Last edited:
Go grab that tm at the equipment room! Get the guest out first. I have done it more than once. Sales are more important at spot!

Do they respond? Absolutely not. Never. And that is how it should be. Not only is it a huge safety hazard (leaving unset fixtures to potential be knocked over, tripped on, messed with by a guest who gets hurt, etc.) but there is no way they could possibly get sets done on time if they are pulled to do other tasks.
i disagree completely. When i was taught plano years ago, you were taught to work clean. You should never have excess items on the floor, one vehicle per person is all we were allowed and still allowed. Everyone is given a time frame, be it right or wrong, for all jobs in the store. You have to do what you can do, to get the job done. the motto in our store is work harder. if an aisle is taking you longer, than you feel, or the time given, you need to let someone know, and see if you can find some help. this doesn't mean the last 20 minutes of your shift. if the fixture or displays are left on the floor whether you are there with them or not, they are still a safety hazard.

again, this is just the way i was taught at my store. 10 years ago, we still hold true to that today.

So have I and the LOD. I tell them all the time, when I am on a checklane and you know I am the GSTL on shift... just think.... perhaps I am on backup and could use some help. I tell them that it will take just as long for them to get the lines down as it would for them to be waiting for me to step away. I am very strict when it comes to back up at the checklanes. My cashier already know that all they need to focus on is FFF service and 1+1, if they have more then that then they need to push the button... I or the LOD will handle who responds. I give the team 60 seconds to respond, like any other call button, before the LOD gets involved. I know that may seem harsh but we have been green 2 weeks in a row for "check out is fast" for our district and I am very proud of that. Recently my fellow GSTL and other GSA have tried not stepping off the front unless we absolutely have to. "switch to 4" < loll

Go grab that tm at the equipment room! Get the guest out first. I have done it more than once. Sales are more important at spot!

I don't think everyone gets that each plano team member is timed. Each plano gives them, for example, 3.5 hours to complete and then some of that time is given to br for pulling. If they don't complete that one on time, it throws them off on the next one, and so on.

Who can blame them for not running up to the front first?

Its 50/50, some do, some don't. If I personally call them out over the walkie while I'm LOD they well

i tell them all the time to do that. I do respond A LOT while others don't. Now we are getting Walkies assigned to us (which means we are NOT allowed to go into the equipment room to take one, we have to wait for an LOD to hand it to us.) If I don't get one, I fail to go to the huddles, working zones and miss salesfloor calls and back up calls.

Obviously this is for the early morning stores, just figuring out how involved your Planogram team with sales floor operations.

Hell, no! Neither does pricing, backroom of flow. In-stocks will respond to backup when no one else is available.

Yes we do answer back up, get carts, wave zone, cover electronics breaks, just about everything thats why we are behind with our workload.So does the sales floor, cart attendent,electronics,cashiers,softlines or guest service help plano out when they need it?

It should be the culture in every store, but I doubt it is. I work in a lower volume store and my team has no choice. They respond to back up, answer guest service calls, cover electronics breaks and lunches and do fitting rooms sweeps.

Plano gets too much credit for the sets in my current store. In this store, the closing team clears out aisles so it is ready to go for Plano the next day. Flow fills all large sets. Backroom pulls all new POGS. Early morning backroom backstocks everything that comes down before they leave for the day. So at the huddle what do we here? Great team PLANO for getting the Bodega done, it looks great! They all wear walkies and have PDAs and rarely use either. But you cannot pry them out of their hands. They never ever answer a call box or respond to the lanes. They always say they behind or they have too much work to still get done. Well welcome to Target! We all have a huge workload and the guest is still first... ALWAYS! If you don't take care of them it won't matter if your POG is set 1 week early because they will be shopping elsewhere.

Our plano folks never respond to calls. It used to make me so angry because they all had a walkie when there was a shortage of equipment. The sales floor, GSTL, service desk and even the operator had to beg to find one when they came in; we often had no one on the floor with a walkie until way after noon when flow and plano finally left for the day! As far as I could tell the only thing they used it for was to call each other to ask if they were ready for break!

It should be the culture in every store, but I doubt it is. I work in a lower volume store and my team has no choice. They respond to back up, answer guest service calls, cover electronics breaks and lunches and do fitting rooms sweeps.

Our team has no choice. We quite literally have no salesfloor team members until 2p.m.

Plano gets too much credit for the sets in my current store. In this store, the closing team clears out aisles so it is ready to go for Plano the next day. Flow fills all large sets. Backroom pulls all new POGS. Early morning backroom backstocks everything that comes down before they leave for the day. So at the huddle what do we here? Great team PLANO for getting the Bodega done, it looks great! They all wear walkies and have PDAs and rarely use either. But you cannot pry them out of their hands. They never ever answer a call box or respond to the lanes. They always say they behind or they have too much work to still get done. Well welcome to Target! We all have a huge workload and the guest is still first... ALWAYS! If you don't take care of them it won't matter if your POG is set 1 week early because they will be shopping elsewhere.

Sounds like you are doing it just like every store is supposed to do it...... Your team is not "getting' away with anything.

Sounds like your store is doing it just like every store is supposed to do it......

Sounds like your store is doing it just like every store is supposed to do it......

POG team has hours allocated to their work center to set, pull, push and backstock the product needed for the new sets. The other teams are not given hours to do the POG teams job.

POG team has hours allocated to their work center to set, pull, push and backstock the product needed for the new sets. The other teams are not given hours to do the POG teams job.

Not quite true. Our POG team may be budgeted by corporate for 400 hours for a big set, but they end up only getting 250 hours. The other hours are usually re-allocated to the other teams to offset their additional workload. This can all vary widely by store though and none of us can argue what's a best procedure when things can be so different from store to store sometimes.

correction. the hours are for set, pull, push, not backstock,merching clearance, ptm, research, clean up, signing, etc. . also, why would you expect pog to cashier, help guests, ptm, merch clearance, etc. if your team don't wanna clear an aisle or two? it's teamwork.

next week, i have 450 hours on the adjacency calendar. hba, lingerie, girls, boys, cosmetics (body aisles), toys, trend, books, and over 50 revisions. My team was SCHEDULED 200 hours. that includes my two tm on vacay being subbed by hl tm, me training another tl who's brand new to the company, and my top guy going to another store. i can't even map my workload because it will not work in the time frame alotted with the people i have. the one silver lining is that there are fewer than 20 spl this week. given my guys are off the rest of this week, we can't work ahead. so i will be busting it and hoping like heck that the flow team can help us out in turn.

i realize that some pog teams are lazy. so are some cashiers. it will vary by store. if you have a prob with what the pog team is doing or the perception, you need to talk to their tl.

Our POG team never responds to any calls but will be the first to throw others under the bus. We rarely have salesfloor coverage so it's always Pricing answering calls. Unfortunately, we are now under 1 TL who is a complete spaz. She can't handle both teams and stresses out way too easily and is so spastic. She never finishes anything she starts and will not follow through on anything. One girl on the POG team is always texting and updating her fb status while on the floor, the TL is too afraid of confrontation to actually coach anyone.

I've worked at 2 stores. The first one had SF team all day, so special teams like POG, Pricing, Flow were not expected to respond to backups unless an "All Trained" is called. This store also had the LOD be first responder to oversee backups. Always had better response when they start calling out names.
My current store is ULV and we rarely have any SF before 2, sometimes 5. The expectation is that all TM's with walkies will respond. Doesn't happen. When I ran Pricing I let my TM's know that as important as it was that we finish our workload each day, the guests had to come first and I made them respond. Now that I am back on the lanes as GSTL, it's like pulling teeth to get any response at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back