Archived Dress code

Status
Not open for further replies.
lately at my store people are wearing anything black yoga pants and purple sweatshirt . I'm really shocked and staying whole shift .

Oh ok this girl was on salesfloor working .

Yoga pants are technically not banned although lycra pants are. I can barely tell the difference.

Enforcement is asants.

I know some of you work at khaki only stores but we follow the handbook and as long as it isn't jeans (except until January 1st) or a dress we live and let live.

I was on vacation last week so I missed this announcement, Our STL announced that Target no longer wanted us to wear Target branded shirts. They wanted plain red shirts with nothing on them. Claimed it was in the revised handbook yet can’t prove it. I have the latest handbook that says otherwise. Is this true or how can I fight this. I don’t have any plain red shirts. I’ve sworn I would not spend anymore money on this company. All I have are about 3 target branded shirts—Target Wallet, Free Shipping, & old REDcard shirt—and my Target vest. I’ve worn two of the three above shirts Monday & Tuesday and nothing was said to me except by TMs who were jokingly saying I could no longer wear the shirt. Until someone confronts me about it, I’ll continue to wear it.

You are dealing with the infamous MUSATGA syndrome.
This usually happens when a STL decides they want to make a mark on store, so that when they look around they see their personal stamp on things.
In this case a sea of pure red shirts.
Other times it is when a situation, like attendance, get out of hand so some rule goes into affect that no one has heard of before because the management have panicked and really, really hope this will work.
The big problem is they have a lot riding on this (mostly ego) so even though it isn't real policy (and sometimes not even legal) they will enforce it like crazy.
That is until something else shiny goes past and they have to come up with another rule.

These are the one of the worst kinds of management.

(Making Up Shit As They Go Along)

You are dealing with the infamous MUSATGA syndrome.
This usually happens when a STL decides they want to make a mark on store, so that when they look around they see their personal stamp on things.
In this case a sea of pure red shirts.
Other times it is when a situation, like attendance, get out of hand so some rule goes into affect that no one has heard of before because the management have panicked and really, really hope this will work.
The big problem is they have a lot riding on this (mostly ego) so even though it isn't real policy (and sometimes not even legal) they will enforce it like crazy.
That is until something else shiny goes past and they have to come up with another rule.

These are the one of the worst kinds of management.

(Making Up Shit As They Go Along)

Well, that explains why my last ETL had all these crazy rules that no one had ever heard of before, and changed with her every whim. 😂

I was on vacation last week so I missed this announcement, Our STL announced that Target no longer wanted us to wear Target branded shirts. They wanted plain red shirts with nothing on them. Claimed it was in the revised handbook yet can’t prove it. I have the latest handbook that says otherwise. Is this true or how can I fight this. I don’t have any plain red shirts. I’ve sworn I would not spend anymore money on this company. All I have are about 3 target branded shirts—Target Wallet, Free Shipping, & old REDcard shirt—and my Target vest. I’ve worn two of the three above shirts Monday & Tuesday and nothing was said to me except by TMs who were jokingly saying I could no longer wear the shirt. Until someone confronts me about it, I’ll continue to wear it.
This is bs. Our fashion forward stl wants us to look fashion forward also. So we can wear any shirt with red in it as long as the red is more dominant. Lots of plaid in my store.

I was in a Lowe’s yesterday and that store has jettisoned any uniform. Employees wear anything they like with an id on a lanyard around necks. Very difficult to identify employees and they exploited it. Lots of hanging out.

Target no longer wanted us to wear Target branded shirts. They wanted plain red shirts with nothing on them.
Wow. What patent bullshit is this??
TGT wouldn't spend a dime on making these shirts just to retire them in a whim.
Tell the STL to stop worrying about what people wear and just pull a Scrooge McDuck and go swim in their money.

This is bs. Our fashion forward stl wants us to look fashion forward also. So we can wear any shirt with red in it as long as the red is more dominant. Lots of plaid in my store.
I was told at orientation any shade of red and red must cover over half the shirt. So a shirt that is 51% raspberry or terra cotta and 49% [insert non-red color here] is good in Spot's eyes.

Full of shit she is. This is an STL trying prove she is the best STL out there by having the best looking employees out there. It's bullshit and means nothing.

I’m waiting for a crackdown on dress code at my store. Any shade of red typically goes as long as it is dominately red and nothing written on the shirt (except target shirts!), but lately we have a lot of newbies wearing whatever.... gray hoodies on the floor the entire shift, tying a red jacket waist rather than keep it on, or “forgetting” to take their red shirt/ jacket/ whatever out of their locker or car. Hope they don’t ruin it for the rest of us!

Slap the (outta camera range) shit outta them.

She is know for doing that. Saying our DTL wants this or “they” or “company directive” instead of owning up to its her. She is nothing but a coward.
Our store is doing the exact same thing. We had people from corporate come in and apparently they said they want us to only wear solid red colored shirts now 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

Had to break the news to my beauty team no more All Black. They were not happy one bit.

Whoa, that's turrible. They should take a hardship LOA... just til they feel better!

I was in a Lowe’s yesterday and that store has jettisoned any uniform. Employees wear anything they like with an id on a lanyard around necks. Very difficult to identify employees and they exploited it. Lots of hanging out.
This is why I wish we'd go back to the boring red & khaki dress code. There are plenty of TMs who really stretch it (and our STL does too) and guests can't tell who works there and who doesn't. Shirts with some red are ok, as are shirts that are really more orange, purple, brown, pink, peach - any shade on that side of the color wheel seems to be allowed. Shirts with non-Target logos are ok. Hats (not just at Food Ave, sometimes worn backwards) and hoodies with hoods up.
I'm not sure there's anything that's not ok. No one's tried short shorts or bare midriff yet....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back