Archived Dumb questions from Guests......really..... you have to ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Just wow. How does a person with that level of intelligence even find their way to the store in the first place?

Wow. Just wow. How does a person with that level of intelligence even find their way to the store in the first place?

Must be those people who almost ran me over in the parking lot because they're completely unaware of their surroundings.
facepalm.gif

She wanted to use her Red Card & get her RxRewards. I explained that we would have to transfer it for her to do that. She didn't want to wait for us to do that, but still wanted to pay/get the credit. Smh!!!

I'm very sorry. I didn't realize you were one of our very special guests! Do you have a daughter or a son, or someone from the state that is usually with you at the store? They can help explain this to you. Is there someone I can call? Are you okay alone?

I'm very sorry. I didn't realize you were one of our very special guests! Do you have a daughter or a son, or someone from the state that is usually with you at the store? They can help explain this to you. Is there someone I can call? Are you okay alone?
And IF there was some way to do it, I'm sure she would have wanted to get her points at Walgreens as well.....yes, she was a "special" kind of "special":confused:

I hate it when a guests card is denied...
I say " that card didn't go through want to try again?"
They say "it says your transaction is complete on the screen"
I kindly turn the screen to them and show then the big red screen that informs them it didn't go through"

Like I'm going to lie to you about your card not going through I want you to leave as much as you want to.

"Hi yea this this Jack Shmuck (who cares though) I'm looking on your online website it says you carry this item can you just double check for me. (Why can't you just trust the damn computer. It's smarter than you.)
Me:"SURE!:D:mad: well it shows no results in store but I'm actually looking on Target.com right now and it says online only."
Idiot: "Oh Is that what that means?!"
CLICK...
"Yes that's wh......bye."

Last edited:
I hate when guests think that my mydevice is going to make a smaller price appear than the price scanners. I'll have guests hunt me down to scan something when they were right next to a price scanner. I'll always remain friendly, but point out where they can check it themselves.

I hate when guests think that my mydevice is going to make a smaller price appear than the price scanners. I'll have guests hunt me down to scan something when they were right next to a price scanner. I'll always remain friendly, but point out where they can check it themselves.

I actually kind of like that they think the Mydevice is some magical thing from another land that holds the key to the universe. Something will ring up the "wrong price" at the register and they'll be all "Oh, no, that was supposed to be $18.99, not $34.99."

So, I just scan it with my magical little Mydevice that holds all the answers (the same exact fucking answers that the register holds, unbeknownst to them), and..."Oh, let me double-check that for you...oh, no, I'm sorry, it IS actually $34.99." But suddenly they're cool with $34.99 because I used a fancy little Ipod that shoots little laser beams and makes cool noises.

The other day I had a woman asking me if we carried "Walmart brand" products. Telling her no, but Target does carry its own store brands led her to asking if she could use her Walmart coupons... :facepalm:
Some stores actually do take other stores' coupons for their store brand items if you purchase that store's store brand item. For example, if the coupon was for Up&Up ibuprofen, Walmart would accept it if you purchased Equate Ibuprofen.

I don't believe Walmart does this, but I know a grocery store near me does. I've used Target coupons on their store brand items...

IHIW a guest tries to tell me, "the sign said it was X price" and the price they tell me is TOTALLY unrealistic. Today, I had a guest tell me the Keurig she wanted supposedly had a sign that said it was "$19.99." I told her that was probably either a package of k-cups or a k-cup holder. There was NO WAY the brewer itself was on sale for $19.99 when it was ringing up as $139.99!!!

IHIW a guest tries to tell me, "the sign said it was X price" and the price they tell me is TOTALLY unrealistic. Today, I had a guest tell me the Keurig she wanted supposedly had a sign that said it was "$19.99." I told her that was probably either a package of k-cups or a k-cup holder. There was NO WAY the brewer itself was on sale for $19.99 when it was ringing up as $139.99!!!

I never understand the logic behind this. Why do guests only look at the price? I actually got pretty snarky with a guest this weekend. I was out of line, just wasn't having a good day But anyway, she brought up a Threshold run that cost $25, yet she saw a sign that said $9. I didn't want to honor the price for her because it's kinda a large gap, and she was already doing an ID exchange because she was over her limit. I had the guy check the price, sure enough it was the correct price. She insisted it in a spot that said $9. I asked her, "Did the tag also say bath rug? Because it says bath towel." Fucking idiot. That lady totally burnt my toast.

That's like guests standing under the restrooms sign and asking me where are the restrooms?
Those guests who ask you where the restroom is when their in just about the furthest possible location. Or asking where the pharmacy is. Jesus Christ. Do you sell Amazon gift cards? Do you sell kindles? Do you know where I can find an item which you give a very very very vague description of? Guests who say 'I guess I'll just have to stop by Walmart" as they are slowly walking away. Oh yeah, you really offended me!

As a way to lead into my RedCard pitch, I will ask the Guest if they are using any coupons or Cartwheel to save money. I just love when they ask ME if any of THEIR items are on Cartwheel. Um, there's over 500 items on Cartwheel, sorry I didn't memorize them all. Unless it's one of those really popular ones like 25% off clearance clothes, I dunno. These folks rank right up there with the ones who feel it's a good time to scan each of the 50 items in their cart as they place it on the belt. Never mind there's 2 more guests in line behind them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back