Archived Electronics Attachment Rate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello team!

Recently I got promoted to TL Hard lines inside the store. I recently found out that one of my new work centers will be Electronics. My question is how to better our attachment rate. What games or things do you do inside your store that raises AAR scores and awareness?

Offer prizes for getting "X" amount of attachments in a day or a week. There is no incentive for getting AA's in my store so no one wants to get them. It can be something as simple as a candy bar or soda.. or if someone gets a ridiculous amount maybe a gift card or a DVD?

Study Pavlov's dog and tell me if giving rewards for red cards or AAR is the answer. It's not. You will not succeed long term of you do that. Recognition and TM accountability are key. Everyone is part of the team and the store (team) is expected to perform at XXXXX level. This is all inclusive. The STL is expected to have a green conversion %, just as every cashier. Perform and reward top performers as you see fit.

study pavlov's dog and tell me if giving rewards for red cards or aar is the answer. It's not. You will not succeed long term of you do that. Recognition and tm accountability are key. Everyone is part of the team and the store (team) is expected to perform at xxxxx level. This is all inclusive. The stl is expected to have a green conversion %, just as every cashier. Perform and reward top performers as you see fit.

exactly!

One of my secrets for AAR is ensuring that I pitch attachments while vibing with guests OUTSIDE the boat. Once you set foot behind the POS, your chance of attaching anything goes down by at least 75%. Granted I am not a TL but I have been tasked by both my TL and ETL-HL to keep driving AAR at our store

That is the difference between a green store and a top ranked store when it comes to loyalty drivers! It is easy to be right on green with conversion and aar if you drive it at the registers, but when the sales floor begins pushing it out on the floor with guests is when you will see the store enter a new level!

^ Completely.

We tell our team members we want our guests to use their purchases right away without needing anything, and talking about it before you get to the register is definetly a good practice. Even something as simple as batteries counts.

^ Completely.

We tell our team members we want our guests to use their purchases right away without needing anything, and talking about it before you get to the register is definetly a good practice. Even something as simple as batteries counts.

Just to clarify..... batteries are not counted in AAR, but they are profitable!!!

They used to be when attachments first started. But no its a cable, memory card, mount, game, controller depending on the specific main item.

Are the gaming cards counted?
Seems like you could could go a long way with those.

Study Pavlov's dog and tell me if giving rewards for red cards or AAR is the answer. It's not. You will not succeed long term of you do that. Recognition and TM accountability are key. Everyone is part of the team and the store (team) is expected to perform at XXXXX level. This is all inclusive. The STL is expected to have a green conversion %, just as every cashier. Perform and reward top performers as you see fit.

I don't give a **** about "recognition" why the hell should I waste my time upselling when I get nothing for it and it just puts me behind in my zone/abandon? For a pat on the back?? Or a half ass sarcastic "wow great job" ?? no, i'm not a dog.

I don't give a **** about "recognition" why the hell should I waste my time upselling when I get nothing for it and it just puts me behind in my zone/abandon? For a pat on the back?? Or a half ass sarcastic "wow great job" ?? no, i'm not a dog.

If you are keyed into JAS as an Electronics team member, you are or should be getting incentive pay. At our store my Electronics Team Members are getting an extra $.50 and hour to "upsell" attachments.

At my store, AAR IS the reason you are in the workcenter. You tell me you can do it, you better be putting up over 100% a week. I can get ANYone to push reshop and zone. Brand TM's are elite, not just a zoner. I guess there is a reason that we are #1 in our group YTD. Show us you can or get out. "'Can do' not 'you do.'"

My thoughts exactly. Yes it is the nice thing to do to make sure they walk out with everything. I have been screwed before not knowing sone I purchased didn't have a cable/battery/etc. However, I'm not going to kill myself over making those add-ons without something better than adding to a vague metric.

You guys really enjoy being Target's b***h...That's crazy to me... the pay is horrible, management is sub-par, guests are ridiculously annoying, and the list goes on really. Once I get through college I can get the hell out...I can't imagine being stuck there for 10+ years

Let me put it this way.
Every store mentality is different as are people's mentalities are different.

I work in customer service.
Let me say that again, c u s t o m e r service.

I pride myself on doing a job well. This in no way makes me Spot's *****.

If you don't like that aspect of the job, please by all means, go find something else.

You guys really enjoy being Target's b***h...That's crazy to me... the pay is horrible, management is sub-par, guests are ridiculously annoying, and the list goes on really. Once I get through college I can get the hell out...I can't imagine being stuck there for 10+ years

I have been at spot for over 10 years. Know this, if you don't like spot, leave. In some areas, spot is offering jobs & no one else is. Take what you can get in the mean time. Till you get the job you want.

There have been some changes in my store and I have internally promoted to Electronics TL (just beginning to train), with other areas of hardlines as well. So first off, thanks so far for the information. The more perspective the better.

It seems the TMs in the area don't take a whole lot of initiative in running a brand and effective department. Granted they have more knowledge than I about severalproducts (I have only covered lunches and breaks before), but they come of as not genuine. How do I resolve this?

Selling attachments outside the boat is a jewel piece of advice... Any others for a newb salesman? And what exactly is considered an attachment? Sold a lady a prepaid phone, phone card, and a clearence wiimote holder (it is a great cell phone holder too), is that a 200 or 100% attachment rate?

Pretty much anything that's an add-on for the product they are buying is an attachment.

The only big tip I can give you is just keep the dialog open between you and the guest.

If they are looking at an iPod, ask who it's for? Things like that will be a clue as to what they'll need.

If they're buying say a bluray player, do they have a HDTV? Do they need a HDMI cable? If they have WiFi to hook up to get their internet connection, they might want a Hulu gift card.

It's simply finding out what they need and making sure they have it.

There have been some changes in my store and I have internally promoted to Electronics TL (just beginning to train), with other areas of hardlines as well. So first off, thanks so far for the information. The more perspective the better.

It seems the TMs in the area don't take a whole lot of initiative in running a brand and effective department. Granted they have more knowledge than I about severalproducts (I have only covered lunches and breaks before), but they come of as not genuine. How do I resolve this?

Selling attachments outside the boat is a jewel piece of advice... Any others for a newb salesman? And what exactly is considered an attachment? Sold a lady a prepaid phone, phone card, and a clearence wiimote holder (it is a great cell phone holder too), is that a 200 or 100% attachment rate?

100%

+1 on username

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back