Archived Electronics New Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember there used to be a binder at the electronics counter at my store 5 or 6 years ago. I am now in high school and work at the spot. This binder is no where to be found!!! It had new releases and upcoming releases for music, movies, books, and games. Now was this something that just my store did at the time to stay up to date, something the company does that they discontinued, or they still have these print outs available and my team lead chooses not to do this? It would be so beneficial, heck I would be willing to put it together, but it's embarrassing when a guest asks us and we aren't too sure.

You're talking about the sauruses. They didn't have everything we actually sold in them to begin with, but they were useful back in the day. I'm not 100% if they still do it now, but they used to bring them back for Q4 so you could have a printed reference. I haven't seen them the last two or three years.

Nowadays, it's called using a myDevice or your smartphone and myWork or the Target app. Way faster. Way more accurate results.

You're talking about the sauruses. They didn't have everything we actually sold in them to begin with, but they were useful back in the day.

Nowadays, it's called using a myDevice or your smartphone and myWork or the Target app. Way faster. Way more accurate results.
Thanks! Yeah, the my devices are helpful. I find the target.com app to be the most helpful. It provides street dates and aisle locations. The search function is a lot more forgiving! 90% of the time I search the item on target.com when I don't have the exact title and copy the DPCI over into the myDevice version of item search.

That's the best way I've found to do it!

Thanks! Yeah, the my devices are helpful. I find the target.com app to be the most helpful. It provides street dates and aisle locations. The search function is a lot more forgiving! 90% of the time I search the item on target.com when I don't have the exact title and copy the DPCI over into the myDevice version of item search.

The app search is much more forgiving. This is because the app searches the full description, whereas the mydevices search the abbreviated description (usually the one that comes up on the register) and it is annoying.

Example: "threshold blue pillow" gets results on the app, but not on the mydevices unless you type "thr plw blue" and usually "thr plw blue" is what the register says. This isn't a true example, just an example for demonstration.

The app search is much more forgiving. This is because the app searches the full description, whereas the mydevices search the abbreviated description (usually the one that comes up on the register) and it is annoying.

Example: "threshold blue pillow" gets results on the app, but not on the mydevices unless you type "thr plw blue" and usually "thr plw blue" is what the register says. This isn't a true example, just an example for demonstration.

This. I always hated trying to find movies with a PDA because the titles were abbreviated. But I did figure out to use DVD, BLURAY, or BD2 when searching for a specific format.

Another way of searching for movies or music, just used a common word like, Sam or smith for music. It will list everything with those words in mmb. Another way to new release dates is under online pog or calendar in workbench, the fastest way is to google it, like others have said.
You can search on a pad for mmb, by using search word & dept#. For ex: Sam 012 for music. That will list everything too.

If you log into workbench, click on sales floor, and look at the list at the right you will find a link to entertainment street date. Clicking that will bring up an excel file with expected street date merchandise a few weeks in advance with DPCIs for video games, and MMB.

Like the article pointed out, mid week releases made sense as they would bring foot traffic to stores on weekdays. Friday releases won't nexessarily increase trips to brick and mortar locations, although I do think it will be cool for there to be global release dates.

But if we're honest...CDs are dying a slow death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back