Archived Electronics, White Repacks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my first thread on here. I just came home from an opening shift where I was talked to regarding my poor performance..
I'm still in my 90 day probation, about halfway through but anyways.. I have a simple question for those in tech:

Is it possible to finish a total of 12 white repack boxes full of product that scatters ALL AROUND books, Cellphones, Gaming, Phone Accessories, and everything else in tech under 4 hours?
or even 2 (that's all the time i had today and they still expected me to finish it)? Is it possible to completely stock, flex, or backroom every single box while you still have to guest service, answer calls, zone, and do all of your opening shift tasks including audit and pulls?? they are threatening me with my job if i don't finish these repacks but it seems impossible to me to do all 12 (or more) boxes in a tiny 4 hour shift (including break) with everything else i already have to do?? Let me know!

Hi, my first thread on here. I just came home from an opening shift where I was talked to regarding my poor performance..
I'm still in my 90 day probation, about halfway through but anyways.. I have a simple question for those in tech:

Is it possible to finish a total of 12 white repack boxes full of product that scatters ALL AROUND books, Cellphones, Gaming, Phone Accessories, and everything else in tech under 4 hours?
or even 2 (that's all the time i had today and they still expected me to finish it)? Is it possible to completely stock, flex, or backroom every single box while you still have to guest service, answer calls, zone, and do all of your opening shift tasks including audit and pulls?? they are threatening me with my job if i don't finish these repacks but it seems impossible to me to do all 12 (or more) boxes in a tiny 4 hour shift (including break) with everything else i already have to do?? Let me know!

It may seem impossible but I'm sure the more veteran, more versed Electronic's TMs can do it in under two or three hours just because they know where everything is. I tihnk you struggle just because you don't know exactly where things go and haven't gotten a proper technique for stocking in Electronics. I couldn't even begin to tell you the proper technique because Grocery and Electronics is different

We have a long-term electronics TM who is good and knows the layout of the department. Even he doesn't get it done in 4 hours. Target Mobile gets bored, so he jumps in and helps when he can.

I don’t think anyone in my store could get all that done along with being the only one at the boat in that amount of time tbh, I would talk to your fellow electronics TMs and ask them if they are able to hold up to the expectations and if they have any advice for you

I don’t think anyone in my store could get all that done along with being the only one at the boat in that amount of time tbh, I would talk to your fellow electronics TMs and ask them if they are able to hold up to the expectations and if they have any advice for you

My manager tells me everybody else is capable of doing it so I should be able to also, and so does my co worker.. but I really can’t see how it’s possible to do it properly without filling a huge cart with back stock or leaving things in the wrong place due to working faster/better.. I try my best to do things right instead of half assed but it seems like they want the reverse from me.. or both quick and neat? Seems like they’re asking for too much.

It's not impossible. Find a routine that works and stick to it. Ask your co workers to see how they do it.

Is it constantly 12 repacks ? Tbh I've 9 or 10 repacks in less than 4 hours, but that really depends on how busy the store is

My manager tells me everybody else is capable of doing it so I should be able to also, and so does my co worker.. but I really can’t see how it’s possible to do it properly without filling a huge cart with back stock or leaving things in the wrong place due to working faster/better.. I try my best to do things right instead of half assed but it seems like they want the reverse from me.. or both quick and neat? Seems like they’re asking for too much.

My advice would be to do the best you can, but if you feel it is impossible for you, try to get a second job so that if Spot fires you you won’t be left with nothing. You’ve only been with Spot a short time, and if the correctives continue you would probably be better off quitting than waiting to be fired. Just my 2 cents... Either way, good luck.

Ty
It's not impossible. Find a routine that works and stick to it. Ask your co workers to see how they do it.

Is it constantly 12 repacks ? Tbh I've 9 or 10 repacks in less than 4 hours, but that really depends on how busy the store is

Typically it’s 9 to 13 boxes. Another thing is I deal with some really bad fatigue and they understand this.. but still push me to the standards of somebody without fatigue. This is hard for me because I understand they need me to work and they have standards and can’t slow business down for somebody cause they’re sick but what can I do?

Ty

Typically it’s 9 to 13 boxes. Another thing is I deal with some really bad fatigue and they understand this.. but still push me to the standards of somebody without fatigue. This is hard for me because I understand they need me to work and they have standards and can’t slow business down for somebody cause they’re sick but what can I do?
Talk to HR about extra accommodations but depending on your TL you might be out of luck

Ehh 12 boxes is pretty much a full shift for me. I may not be the fastest hotshot in the store but I hold my own. It is hard to tell what your foot traffic is like though because guest interactions are easily what causes me the most slow down. Knowing everything usually means I can be stuck explaining a lot of things to a guest, too. I could easily cut my times in half if I be like "I dunno.. I just work the register here". Because overlapping shifts were quickly abandoned and guest service is still a thing, performance has never been brought up. If only a little is left to the closer and IMO you keep the area clean, you should be good to go. If you havn't learned yet, break your boxes out first. Reserve 2-3 hand carts for electronics and break your boxes into them by locations. When you enter an aisle you should have everything for that aisle in your cart and never should be running back and forth between aisles.

Definitely ask about accommodations, it's worth a shot. You'll pick up speed eventually as you better learn the locations of the merchandise. I feel like Target forgets its new folks can't be as fast as experienced team members out of the gate.

Also, if there's stuff in those repacks that needs merch protected before it can be pushed to the floor, that slows down the process some too, even if you set that stuff aside to do all at once. I think sometimes people forget to take that into account. I'd say 12 repacks for that area of the store in 4 hours seems unreasonable to expect a newer team member to be able to get all the way through. Are you flow/inbound (or whatever they're calling it now) or electronics? If you're flow, they're used to a much faster pace.

Ty

Powerade and monster. First 15 break have a monster, wash it down with half of a Powerade and the equivalent in water. Drink something every chance you get. Our store hasn't had a.c. in 3 months so fatigue is very likely, and a constant problem. Doing as said I haven't had fatigue in a while.

Yea no, you would not need to rely on monster/caffeine/coffee if you don't get addicted to it in the first place.

Yes. How do you do it?

Find an empty 3 tier (or empty one on to something else (or into something else). Empty the first box into the top. That regardless of how full it was should take you 10 minutes uninterrupted. When finished, return to cage and refill. Dont drag around the box, that wastes time. If you struggle to get the box done in under 30, then you need to reach out to your fellow tms to ask for help. If you are trying to do it without equipment then yes you will be slower.

Electronics is complicated but it can be done.

Note, that I said uninterrupted. If you are being interrupted constantly and a busy electronics is, then not get them done in 4 hours is fine and expected.

Last edited:
Ty

Did you inform them of this? If I was told, I would have assigned them to someone else and had you just cashier while busy. Talk with TL about this.

Communicate to your tl early & I might need help on these boxes. The new process is hard to do in electronics with lots of guests, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back