Archived Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine has about 7 or 8 total and there's usually 2 or 3 at the same time.

Last edited:
It depends...... At my store it is sometimes 2 or 3 or sometimes even one depending how light we are depending on cuts.

One opener, one closer. Sometimes they split the day up into 3 shifts with some working only 4 hours and others 5 or 5.5. On the weekends we sometimes have a midshift person.

For the last 2 weeks, our electronics folks have been scheduled at 4pm, with no mid or opener.
That wouldn't fly here because there usually isn't anyone on the sales floor or if it is, it's a Team Lead and they hate covering electronics for anything.

Mid volume store here, we have one opener and one closer. During 4th quarter my store positively explodes as far as guest traffic goes. (Even more than usual for most other stores our volume.) Then we have the same setup, but with 4-5 mids at varying times.

I remember 2 years ago. I was mmb spec + electronic tm by myself all week. Couldn't take it anymore so I apply for another position. Soon as I left, now they have a separate mmb Plano member and electronic Tm. Fk u target

At my store, during the week we have 3 with no overlap
Weekends (maybe fridays as well) there are 4, and their shifts overlap a bit at peak times.

We usually have single coverage throughout the day, sometimes some overlap during the weekends. I miss three years ago when we had some double coverage on weekdays, double coverage for midshift on weekends, and hardlines had enough hours to do a midday zone which included them doing toys, sporting goods, and seasonal.

Electronics is tough. We have one morning and one afternoon. Lately, they have also had to take on toys as well. I think there's four other people trained there besides myself. I'm all over the place though, which keeps things from getting repetitive.

2-3. It's usually split tho. Like 1 like the morning/ one in the afternoon then one closing. Or 1 morning and 1 closing.

At my target we have 4 people that work electronics total. Usually only one is working at a time though. On rare occasion there is a Mid on a weekend with the opener/closer.

1 plus Mobile. Given the range of the store they also have to cover I really think there should be two, which there occasionally is on the weekend.

There are four of us who work in electronics at my store. I'm normally the opener and then the closer comes in about a half an hour before the end of my shift. We have one guy who basically does everything there is to do in the store, aside from HR/GS and he'll cover lunches and breaks.

We're about to lose someone, though. The girl is so incompetent and 'overwhelmed' with the department that she's decided to go for fitting room. So now we'll have three soon.

Electronics is tough. We have one morning and one afternoon. Lately, they have also had to take on toys as well. I think there's four other people trained there besides myself. I'm all over the place though, which keeps things from getting repetitive.
Toys is the shittiest place in the whole store IMO. Like, I cannot stand zoning because guests are too lazy to put stuff back, so by the end of it, you have a cart of abandon. With toys, you have two or three carts by the end. And kids run rampant around that section from open to close and the parents give less than a crap.

Toys is the shittiest place in the whole store IMO. Like, I cannot stand zoning because guests are too lazy to put stuff back, so by the end of it, you have a cart of abandon. With toys, you have two or three carts by the end. And kids run rampant around that section from open to close and the parents give less than a crap.

I've found that toys is more frustrating than anything else. It shouldn't be a difficult zone because most of the items are large (compared to, say, HBA or market), but it's always trashed and you have to deal with the dreaded Toys Guests. Double the fun if electronics is right there.

Anyone feel like sometimes there's too many people in electronics? Sometimes Market Source has 3 Target Tech Reps scheduled while Target will have 2 Electronics Team Members scheduled. Unless it's 4th quarter, that's 3 people too many in the area. Target Tech pretty much fights to help and ring up guests. It's annoying as it is frustrating.

Anyone feel like sometimes there's too many people in electronics? Sometimes Market Source has 3 Target Tech Reps scheduled while Target will have 2 Electronics Team Members scheduled. Unless it's 4th quarter, that's 3 people too many in the area. Target Tech pretty much fights to help and ring up guests. It's annoying as it is frustrating.
Walk away from the boat and help guests in the area/scan ends/zone/whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back