MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

I went to Softlines. I had 2 full time pog tms and one went to 1 dept and 1 went to another dept. We do have multiple tms cross trained for pog that I used when needed and we are continuing to train tms as we go. The current plan for heavy set weeks is to schedule as many people as we can on non truck days to come in and just get it all done. We would use people from all departments at that point to get through the workload. This would be the only way we could get through a major set. My DTL explained it as like setting an area when you are opening a store. Bring in as many people as you can and get it done as fast as possible. My 2 pog tms will still work in their specific depts on truck days and then be scheduled with everyone else on non truck days to help with whatever is setting. Not sure how long we are testing this. Leadership seems to think if we get this right then there's no going back.

:rolleyes:o_O

Too many cooks spoil the broth. Plus they stand around talking... this should work out well.

ETA: You're going to do a major reset in like Toys or Stationary in like a day? where aisles flip and with new backer paper?

Good luck with that.

What if there are NO non-truck days?

*Imagines the chaos as a result of newbies setting a major cosmetics reset.*
I actually have a good amount of tms trained in cosmetic setting currently. During the last set we trained about 5 people. Plus both etls, myself, and 2 other TLs can set cosmetics.

That's great for your store. :)

At our store, about 1/2 those team member's will quit (or go back to college) before the next reset, and the other half will be working in a different area. Oh, who am I kidding. I can think of about 4 people in our store, total, that would be good at resetting cosmetics.

Our turnover rate seems to be a bit high.

So for you peeps that have this running already, how does dividing the areas work? Is it the same hardlines as usual where some TMs handle each specific letter section, except they're also pulling batches for those sections, too? Or are they assigned to specific sections, like Pets, Household, and Bedding?

So for you peeps that have this running already, how does dividing the areas work? Is it the same hardlines as usual where some TMs handle each specific letter section, except they're also pulling batches for those sections, too? Or are they assigned to specific sections, like Pets, Household, and Bedding?
We have 1 in pets, 1 in Chem, 1 cosmetics, 3-4 in Hba, 1 stationary, 1 home, 4 in c/d as a whole, 1 toy, 1 sport, 1 seasonal/mini, 1-2 electronics, 5-7 in market. That's on truck days.

We have 1 in pets, 1 in Chem, 1 cosmetics, 3-4 in Hba, 1 stationary, 1 home, 4 in c/d as a whole, 1 toy, 1 sport, 1 seasonal/mini, 1-2 electronics, 5-7 in market. That's on truck days.

Do your market and HBA people have assigned aisles?

Do they work the same aisles every day?

Are those TMs just randomly assigned or can they ask to be one specific area? I totally want to call dibs on Pets.

:rolleyes:o_O

Too many cooks spoil the broth. Plus they stand around talking... this should work out well.

ETA: You're going to do a major reset in like Toys or Stationary in like a day? where aisles flip and with new backer paper?

Good luck with that.

What if there are NO non-truck days?

We get 4 trucks a week so we do have nontruck days. Not sure how a store with no non truck day would work.
We would use the other 3 days of the week for flip flop aisles. We would have to strip everything down and start from scratch if we were to do this in just that amount of time. Would probably have to come in at 4 am those days to get it done.

Do your market and HBA people have assigned aisles?

Do they work the same aisles every day?
I'm not 100% sure on Hba but we are starting to assign aisles to market tms. They would
Do the same aisles everyday unless someone is on vacation or calls out.

I actually have a good amount of tms trained in cosmetic setting currently. During the last set we trained about 5 people. Plus both etls, myself, and 2 other TLs can set cosmetics.
Sorry thats still not enough to set cosmetics when it moves in one day. What about cleaning are we still doing that. There are depts you can set in a day. But not all. I think the sets won't look as nice as they do now with the end to end.. Did you want softlines.. Not my first choice.

Sorry thats still not enough to set cosmetics when it moves in one day. What about cleaning are we still doing that. There are depts you can set in a day. But not all. I think the sets won't look as nice as they do now with the end to end.. Did you want softlines.. Not my first choice.
Yes we are still cleaning. And it won't just be 1 day- we would use all non truck days which for my store is 3. If it's as big as it was the last time we set I'm sure we would adjust and maybe bring in a specific number of people overnight to get it done. The thing with this is we get to decide what works and what doesn't so if it's better for us to bring some people in overnight for 1 week and then we would just adjust the departments for the week and have people cover their areas. Nothing is set in stone and we get to decide what works best for our store.

And I don't mind softlines. I've done it twice before. I just didn't want electronics or gstl. I've done that before too and didn't like it. Before I became PPTL I was all HL so really it didn't matter where I went.

Last edited:
It's actually nice because you have an area that is yours. You are fully responsible for your area so you would want to push it right, zone it right, and backstock it right because in the end it will be your price change coming out of the backroom that you have to ticket and find places for.

It's not weird that I like this, right? Because I really really like this.

Whenever I push product to the floor from the autofills, I get weirdly lost trying to fix aisles that had product either poorly flexxed or overpushed. Having an entire section for me to keep tidy sounds like something I'd really enjoy.

As someone who does SFS, I have to say I like how this is sounding at @PlanoBitch's store. If I can't find something in an area, there will be a specific TM who owns that area and I can ask them. And if we still can't find it, they should be interested in researching it (after I finish the batch).

I'm thinking this shit just might work.

8iwfh2N.gif

Back