MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

So about pay, I am a Signing TM now (same paygrade as a PA, or whatever it is called now). If they blow up the Plano Team and I went to Market as my "Specialized Work Center" would I keep my pay grade? (was a PA for 3 years).

So about pay, I am a Signing TM now (same paygrade as a PA, or whatever it is called now). If they blow up the Plano Team and I went to Market as my "Specialized Work Center" would I keep my pay grade? (was a PA for 3 years).

It's tricky, I heard most market positions are N07 (50 cents over base) which is a raise for many consumables tms but a paycut for an n09

I was told our signing TM isn't going anywhere but we will see.

It's tricky, I heard most market positions are N07 (50 cents over base) which is a raise for many consumables tms but a paycut for a food assistant. The guide I saw didn't mention a PA/FA but I can't say for certain the position is being eliminated as almost all stores still have at least one.

It would be stupid to eliminate especially now that the "CTL" has so many more people to oversee.

PS: If I do keep my pay is there anyway I can speed this up so I can get out of our 2 Remodels we have during BTC/BTS (Super Freaky store here).

Last edited:
1. Get freight from truck.
2. Sort freight for aisles.
3. Stock.
4. Backstock.
5. Pull pulls.
6. Stock pulls.
7. Zone.
Additionally scan for outs. Correct inaccuracies, set planograms, signs etc for the area and alternate locations.
Assist guests and backup cashier.
Jesus anything else?

fix any issues in your aisle -- like an old 4x4 -- missing ISM/signs, falling down label strip holders, missing label strips, torn label strips = missing label, wrong price on label strip, missing fixtures, broken fixtures like pushers or dividers
Pricing
Set Endcaps, Tear down old ones, Fill home locations
Clean shelves as needed - or whatever is needed
Fill and Flex as needed - thinking End Caps or items with a ton of OHs
PTM as needed
Short Dates - enter as needed, cull out-of-dates as needed
Monitor Vendors -- overstock, mis stock, no stock -- fill/fix yourself if not done correctly (looking at you ice cream vendor and beer vendors)
Purge the stockroom as needed -- hello Mini Seasonal, Seasonal
Walk backroom and look for anything "odd" -- ie Shippers sitting around not pushed, lots of case stock that could be purged or flexed, pallets of extra product in the backroom as the DC clears out Discontinued Items
Purge D code, no Loc stuff from BR
Item Merges? - not sure who would handle that, maybe BR, still?
My Support any issues with POGs or Pricing
Put your stuff away correctly in the Fixture Room, Find (!) your stuff in the Fixture Room,
Get someone to order stuff for you (SAP?)
Be able to problem solve when stuff provided by corporate isn't correct -- I'm thinking POG stuff - like wonky spacing on label strips, or mis printed label strips

Last edited:
Again, on paper it looks good. But, first, as @SFSFun posted, capacities have to be accurate from the start. That means HQ has to set accurate capacities correctly, with the store only adjusting for special or unique circumstsnces such as a support pole going through the shelves. Stores don't have the hours to check and adjust every location in the store.

Also, the triggers actually have to work in the system. While doing research I will find OUT locations with no past activity, meaning there are no on-hands, no last research, no last pull, no last sold date, and zero on the way. These are active items, not discontinued, not clearance. The system should have ordered it when it hit zero, or, made it a RIG. But, neither happened and that product was out of stock for who knows how long until it was researched.

These are just two areas in the stores that need to be spot on. How many exist all along the distribution chain?

I'm not questioning the efficiency of the End to End process. I'm questioning HQ's commitment to properly executing it. And, I'm not talking about supplying the correct number of racks needed, I'm talking about investing in enough competent and committed personnel to pull it off.

Target Canada, on paper, looked like a good idea. But, it was the execution at a number of levels that doomed it.
I went to Softlines. I had 2 full time pog tms and one went to 1 dept and 1 went to another dept. We do have multiple tms cross trained for pog that I used when needed and we are continuing to train tms as we go. The current plan for heavy set weeks is to schedule as many people as we can on non truck days to come in and just get it all done. We would use people from all departments at that point to get through the workload. This would be the only way we could get through a major set. My DTL explained it as like setting an area when you are opening a store. Bring in as many people as you can and get it done as fast as possible. My 2 pog tms will still work in their specific depts on truck days and then be scheduled with everyone else on non truck days to help with whatever is setting. Not sure how long we are testing this. Leadership seems to think if we get this right then there's no going back.

What if having non-truck days is not an option? My store is quite a heavy volume and insanely sporadic (Major College city). Having non truck days does not seem like an option with an Eaches System istead of by Case System (Much less product will fit on a truck with this rollout, meaning the # of trucks will have to increase for pretty much every store.

Having A LOT of people on one project can actually hinder it (On Plano more than any other team ESPECIALLY).
fix any issues in your aisle -- like an old 4x4 -- missing ISM/signs, falling down label strip holders, missing label strips, torn label strips = missing label, wrong price on label strip, missing fixtures, broken fixtures like pushers or dividers
Pricing
PTM as needed
Monitor Vendors -- overstock, mis stock, no stock -- fill/fix yourself if not done correctly (looking at you ice cream vendor and beer vendors)
Walk backroom and look for anything "odd" -- ie Shippers sitting around not pushed, lots of case stock that could be purged or flexed, pallets of extra product in the backroom as the DC clears out Discontinued Items

I foresee everybody walking all over each others toes. Everybody doing everything can lead to a lot of chaos, and without SUPREME Communication, which I believe we ALL COULD AGREE is already a HUGE "opportunity" with not only this roll out (which is turning into the roll outs to end all roll outs), but with borderline anything Target ever does

Pricing
PTM as needed
My Support any issues with POGs or Pricing
Put your stuff away correctly in the Fixture Room, Find (!) your stuff in the Fixture Room,
Get someone to order stuff for you (SAP?)
Be able to problem solve when stuff provided by corporate isn't correct -- I'm thinking POG stuff - like wonky spacing on label strips, or mis printed label strips
And on break I'll wash the stl's car. :D

What if having non-truck days is not an option? My store is quite a heavy volume and insanely sporadic (Major College city). Having non truck days does not seem like an option with an Eaches System istead of by Case System (Much less product will fit on a truck with this rollout, meaning the # of trucks will have to increase for pretty much every store.

Having A LOT of people on one project can actually hinder it (On Plano more than any other team ESPECIALLY).

I foresee everybody walking all over each others toes. Everybody doing everything can lead to a lot of chaos, and without SUPREME Communication, which I believe we ALL COULD AGREE is already a HUGE "opportunity" with not only this roll out (which is turning into the roll outs to end all roll outs), but with borderline anything Target ever does

Everyone needs to not focus on how much the trailer can fit palletized vs the "jenga" system. While you can probably fit less on a single trailer this way, if done right, a palletized trailer should be able to ultimately utilize the total space of ALL trailers more efficiently. By looking at the individual store and its fill %, we limit our ability to see the bigger picture. What one needs to focus on if they want to understand this, is the general fill % of ALL TRUCKS in the company. You want to fill ALL TRUCKS more easily on the spot, and to do this you have to be able to combine trailers for markets and route the deliveries in different ways. Its a network of deliveries.

Who needs that when you can get recognization!
michae10.gif

and if you are really good a fun sized candy bar, that expires in two days

- Edit -
yeah auto correct apparently hates candy

Last edited:
Everyone needs to not focus on how much the trailer can fit palletized vs the "jenga" system. While you can probably fit less on a single trailer this way, if done right, a palletized trailer should be able to ultimately utilize the total space of ALL trailers more efficiently. By looking at the individual store and its fill %, we limit our ability to see the bigger picture. What one needs to focus on if they want to understand this, is the general fill % of ALL TRUCKS in the company. You want to fill ALL TRUCKS more easily on the spot, and to do this you have to be able to combine trailers for markets and route the deliveries in different ways. Its a network of deliveries.

I am a C&S store, so when I read this comment I see it as, how we receive C&S (multiple stores orders on one Trailer).

If so then I see the $$ for Travel/Shipping will be an increase or Target.

I was talking to my ETL tonight. She asked if I wanted to switch from SL to HL because HL isn't doing this end to end thing- yet. Also, our pricing, plano, and instocks aren't going away either. Now I'm really confused.

Is there anywhere on Workbench I can "stumble upon" info about this pilot? Wanna ask around if/when it's coming to my store, but don't wanna give away my sources.
It isn't on our workstations. It may only show up on Workbench if your store is part of the pilot.

I was talking to my ETL tonight. She asked if I wanted to switch from SL to HL because HL isn't doing this end to end thing- yet. Also, our pricing, plano, and instocks aren't going away either. Now I'm really confused.
It's not happening over night, but eventually the whole store will be doing E&E. We are beginning softlines a month earlier than market. Initially pricing will get hours to do mark down in SL until a solid routine can be established, but, in my store, plano will no longer be responsible for any SL POGs i.e. intimates and bascis. That's not to say you can't schedule a plano TM on the style team during heavy set weeks. We do that now, use other people to help support Planos workload.

you forgot be done by 0800 but you will getting harassed if you are not done by 0700. why? the STL which nobody has seen in days needs his big fat bonus and you are a meaningless cog in the machine. now get back to work peon.

well that is one way it could go. or it could be all rainbows and kittens.

Funny thing is STL that liked Big fat bonus got caught doing nefarious things and recieved left foot of fellowship. We see the new STL all the time now.

1. Get freight from truck.
2. Sort freight for aisles.
3. Stock.
4. Backstock.
5. Pull pulls.
6. Stock pulls.
7. Zone.
Additionally scan for outs. Correct inaccuracies, set planograms, signs etc for the area and alternate locations.
Assist guests and backup cashier.
Jesus anything else?
Yes, 7 is apart of 3. You know, Zone as you go?

They will, its just that some know the mountain they need to climb is a sheer cliff face. We fortunately have really good POG TL and she and the 2 others can move fast. since we only have 3 truck days they are keeping them as plano even though they will techically be essentials because NO ONE wants to touch HBA or cosmetics when they need to reset.

They will, its just that some know the mountain they need to climb is a sheer cliff face. We fortunately have really good POG TL and she and the 2 others can move fast. since we only have 3 truck days they are keeping them as plano even though they will techically be essentials because NO ONE wants to touch HBA or cosmetics when they need to reset.

Idk if it makes any difference but we get 5 trucks a week. About 7 folks on plano including the TL, some full time and some part time. So they'll all just continue to stay plano, even after HL becomes part of the end to end thing?

Idk if it makes any difference but we get 5 trucks a week. About 7 folks on plano including the TL, some full time and some part time. So they'll all just continue to stay plano, even after HL becomes part of the end to end thing?
Thats a huge Plano team, by my guess I can see your team (People who are keyed) as Plano getting smaller. For comparison my store gets 5 trucks a week (at least) and we have 3 Plano TMs (not including the TL but they maybe spend 1/5 of there time actually setting and the rest planning/helping Pricing/Flow).

The thing is our 3 are experienced and good workers, and we are all HIGHLY efficient and we are 90% of the time a week ahead (which as Signing TM is a headache and a half). For this to work if Plano was broken up by department rather than having a solid small team, they would have to use wayyyyy more than the 3 people we have at my store to get the exact same work done.

Last edited:
Back