MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

I find it hard to see how anyone could back up the PPTL Job Vanishing, while the VML Stays...

If you have one like ours, you might be able to. He does not do any prep/handing out planos of any sort. Our ETL-SF takes care of all that, and most of the following up with the plano folks. As for pricing, everyone acts like it doesn't exist. We have two veteran tms who handle everything. Idk what the PPTL does.

Eaches. How will they arrive?
We will still be on the casepacks model for about 2 years unless your store has a DC that is testing the palletized truck model. If it is, repacks will be loaded into large cages similar to the electronics cages that you just wheel off the truck. The repacks will have dividers in them and will be sorted much more efficiently, almost by aisle.

We will still be on the casepacks model for about 2 years unless your store has a DC that is testing the palletized truck model. If it is, repacks will be loaded into large cages similar to the electronics cages that you just wheel off the truck. The repacks will have dividers in them and will be sorted much more efficiently, almost by aisle.

There will also be more stock zones added very soon, so repacks themselves will be sorted better box to box, and then sorted within the box apparently.

Just sounds like a typical night for my store's overnight team, really. Today I had to clear out an entire shelf of overpush to make way for some autofills. Then I realized more shelves in just that aisle were screwed up. I somehow ended up walking back to the backroom with more product than I left with. God knows how screwed up the rest of the store is if I actually look closer at it.

Welcome to my work day. X5 days a week.

I found out 2 weeks ago that flow was going to have market split off, with other areas at a later date. I found out today that softlines/baby hardlines and electronics are going to split off at the same time. I am on the softlines/baby hardlines flow team. 3 of the 5 people on our team were in a meeting for over an hour with 5 execs discussing this. We will be going from 5 to 8 hour shifts and changing our breakout among other things. Our DC is not going to the palletized system, so our repacks will not be sorted any differently before they hit the store.

Currently, we pull the pallets, which are basically sorted as Shoes, all hanging, ladies accessories/socks/intimates/one spot, girls/boys/infants and men's/ladies folding. We sort, detrash and hang on z's or place in carts that go to designated areas and then work them. We usually are finished with the breakout by 9am. One of us comes in at 6 to set up and the rest of us come in at 6:30

The system they want us to change to after the unload (because we are a 6am, and they will be scheduling us at 7 or 9), is that we will take pallets in the backroom, transfer repacks to vehicles by number, separate the casepacks onto a different vehicle and then take them one area at a time, detrash and stock. So basically they want us to take a vehicle filled with boxes, go to an area, go through every box, detrash/stock, and then move on to the next area and repeat. We are not required to come clean before we leave (which is going to drive me crazy). It just seems so different than the process we have been using. I understand the concept of touching an item as few times as possible, but with this new process, we will be pulling one item out of a box at a time, detrashing/stocking. It just seems that although the item will be touched less, it seems there will me more steps taken to get the item to the location.

Has anyone tried this process with softlines yet? Has it been successful? Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions that we can try to make the process more streamlined as we start on this new process?

I found out 2 weeks ago that flow was going to have market split off, with other areas at a later date. I found out today that softlines/baby hardlines and electronics are going to split off at the same time. I am on the softlines/baby hardlines flow team. 3 of the 5 people on our team were in a meeting for over an hour with 5 execs discussing this. We will be going from 5 to 8 hour shifts and changing our breakout among other things. Our DC is not going to the palletized system, so our repacks will not be sorted any differently before they hit the store.

Currently, we pull the pallets, which are basically sorted as Shoes, all hanging, ladies accessories/socks/intimates/one spot, girls/boys/infants and men's/ladies folding. We sort, detrash and hang on z's or place in carts that go to designated areas and then work them. We usually are finished with the breakout by 9am. One of us comes in at 6 to set up and the rest of us come in at 6:30

The system they want us to change to after the unload (because we are a 6am, and they will be scheduling us at 7 or 9), is that we will take pallets in the backroom, transfer repacks to vehicles by number, separate the casepacks onto a different vehicle and then take them one area at a time, detrash and stock. So basically they want us to take a vehicle filled with boxes, go to an area, go through every box, detrash/stock, and then move on to the next area and repeat. We are not required to come clean before we leave (which is going to drive me crazy). It just seems so different than the process we have been using. I understand the concept of touching an item as few times as possible, but with this new process, we will be pulling one item out of a box at a time, detrashing/stocking. It just seems that although the item will be touched less, it seems there will me more steps taken to get the item to the location.

Has anyone tried this process with softlines yet? Has it been successful? Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions that we can try to make the process more streamlined as we start on this new process?
We were told today the new sl process is unpack, detrash. Then the flow ladies will push limited areas, but all of sl will work on pushing the rest during their day. It will be interesting.

We were told today the new sl process is unpack, detrash. Then the flow ladies will push limited areas, but all of sl will work on pushing the rest during their day. It will be interesting.
That's not even end-to-end. We've been doing that for around 6 months and it sucks. It takes more softlines TMs to do in 8 hours what the flow softlines TMs used to do in 5.

We tried doing a breakdown and sort of backstocked seasonal stuff in the receiving area one time. The receiver was NOT happy...and this was during an overnight shift. We decided, after having set everything up, to do it on the floor.

What I'm saying, is find a place in the backroom where you'll be out of the way from the rest of the flow team and receiver (if you have one). That's my initial thought anyway from my own experience.

Last edited:
Detrash unpack and then it's time to go home leave pushing for the salesfloor team

Ours is more or less a lack of a distinction between the two. The Softlines Team is doing all breakout and pushing of their own stuff, some of the flow team is being scheduled under Softlines pretty much permanently and working longer shifts but helping to work the freight and cover calls.

For softlines, we were told, but have not started yet, that we will be breaking out and detrashing the same way, but then bringing everything to the back where it will be staged for people to work out for the rest of the day.

For softlines, we were told, but have not started yet, that we will be breaking out and detrashing the same way, but then bringing everything to the back where it will be staged for people to work out for the rest of the day.
but how can we sell stuff it is stuck in the backroom? we will be taking longer to get the job done. not only longer but with more people doing even less work.

Please oh please don't think that all the work will get done the same day in a reasonable amount of time. Y'All know that there will be racks of softlines jammed up in the Backroom come the next morning, with not word communicated to anyone. Just bam!! straight to the face to the 4am(or when ever the process starts at y'ind store) people when they get in.

This is basically what we have started doing. So far, so good.

So we will be beginning E2E in softlines next week. As there really hasn't been any real direction our plan is to break out as usual. 'Flow' will push basic items i.e socks & underwear and the 'style' team will do the rest. I too am worried about the backstock getting done. Although I'm pretty there will be less because they won't want to backstock! Lol

My biggest concern is if this is able to scale within our current processes. While its probably fine on a store taking 3-5 trailers/week right now, its going to be difficult to handle during large pushes. If you are doing a true grocery operating model, softlines end to end and any further rollouts for freight during the day you are going to have the line PACKED with freight at 8AM if you don't want it staged all over the floor.

What type of boxes are on the vehicle (repacks, assortmant cases? ) Are they sorted by department first, or you just grab a couple cases or repacks and go?

Last edited:
Back