MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

So what happens to the signing person. If that position goes away whos going to separate the signing pallets each week. Whos going to hang all to overheads. Someone needs to organize the signing and headers for each plano. Whos going to keep the fixture room clean.. Don't tell me everyone because we all know that's not going to happen. That that job away and everyone will see just how much they do.. I will fight to keep mine.

So what happens to the signin g person. If that position goes away whos going to separate the signing pallets each week. Whos going to hang all to overheads. Someone needs to organize the signing and headers for each plano. Whos going to keep the fixture room clean.. Don't tell me everyone because we all know that's not going to happen. That that job away and everyone will see just how much they do.. I will fight to keep mine.

Who exactly do they think will build the Back To School shippers?

I think the dumbest part about this is having the same people that stock also do the backstock.

You don't think they're just going to overpush so they don't have to backstock? It'll be worse than it already is now. Y'all thought flow team was lazy before. Just wait lmao.

I think this could work very well IF they also invest in hours and equipment. But, y'know...

I was talking to my ETL tonight. She asked if I wanted to switch from SL to HL because HL isn't doing this end to end thing- yet. Also, our pricing, plano, and instocks aren't going away either. Now I'm really confused.

Light at the end of the tunnel.....honestly with all the people that call out and quit at our store I think all the logistic teams are the only thing that keep our store running sometimes (not saying they don't call at times) and flow does a decent job, not perfect but they get the job done.

I think the dumbest part about this is having the same people that stock also do the backstock.

You don't think they're just going to overpush so they don't have to backstock?

This is what is happening now with our Market E2E. At least one person is over pushing and pushing to the wrong location to avoid back stocking. Also, when they do RIGS or Research, they adjust capacities so they don't have to do the pulls.

Our STL is in the trenches with us, when we zone or push POG fills at the morning huddle, so I know he sees it. However, nothing is said or done about it. With only a handful of TMs on the Market Team, it should be fairly easy to figure out who the culprit is.

This is what is happening now with our Market E2E. At least one person is over pushing and pushing to the wrong location to avoid back stocking. Also, when they do RIGS or Research, they adjust capacities so they don't have to do the pulls.

Our STL is in the trenches with us, when we zone or push POG fills at the morning huddle, so I know he sees it. However, nothing is said or done about it. With only a handful of TMs on the Market Team, it should be fairly easy to figure out who the culprit is.
But you have to care.

This is all over my store. They had their overnight job taken from them so now they don't give two shits so they just slam shit anywhere it happens to be.. As long as the truck comes clean they can screw over anyone in the store.

This is all over my store. They had their overnight job taken from them so now they don't give two shits so they just slam shit anywhere it happens to be.. As long as the truck comes clean they can screw over anyone in the store.

Just sounds like a typical night for my store's overnight team, really. Today I had to clear out an entire shelf of overpush to make way for some autofills. Then I realized more shelves in just that aisle were screwed up. I somehow ended up walking back to the backroom with more product than I left with. God knows how screwed up the rest of the store is if I actually look closer at it.

Who exactly do they think will build the Back To School shippers?

You don't think they're just going to overpush so they don't have to backstock? It'll be worse than it already is now. Y'all thought flow team was lazy before. Just wait lmao.

I think this could work very well IF they also invest in hours and equipment. But, y'know...
From what @Rock Lobster has said, it sounds like they are working to implement a system of only sending stores exactly what they need, which would eliminate the need for backstock. But yeah, in the short term it will be an issue if nobody holds them accountable.

Just sounds like a typical night for my store's overnight team, really. Today I had to clear out an entire shelf of overpush to make way for some autofills. Then I realized more shelves in just that aisle were screwed up. I somehow ended up walking back to the backroom with more product than I left with. God knows how screwed up the rest of the store is if I actually look closer at it.

:nods:

Yep. I always tell BR when I bring back a bunch of overstock, so they don't think I am just dumping stuff on them without a good reason.

So what happens to the signing person. If that position goes away whos going to separate the signing pallets each week. Whos going to hang all to overheads. Someone needs to organize the signing and headers for each plano. Whos going to keep the fixture room clean.. Don't tell me everyone because we all know that's not going to happen. That that job away and everyone will see just how much they do.. I will fight to keep mine.
My signing tm is still doing certain signing (breaking down signing pallets, cse signing, and overheads), she has been doing cash office 5 days a week, and she also went into a department. During shipper time she will still do that. As far as signing in aisles my pog team always worked with her to get everything done anyways so we will just continue to train others to do their own signing as well. The way she has everything organized makes it easy for anyone who can read to go and get what they need for their pog/rev/sp.

What if having non-truck days is not an option? My store is quite a heavy volume and insanely sporadic (Major College city). Having non truck days does not seem like an option with an Eaches System istead of by Case System (Much less product will fit on a truck with this rollout, meaning the # of trucks will have to increase for pretty much every store.

Having A LOT of people on one project can actually hinder it (On Plano more than any other team ESPECIALLY).

I foresee everybody walking all over each others toes. Everybody doing everything can lead to a lot of chaos, and without SUPREME Communication, which I believe we ALL COULD AGREE is already a HUGE "opportunity" with not only this roll out (which is turning into the roll outs to end all roll outs), but with borderline anything Target ever does
I'm not sure about other stores. I can tell you that my Dtl told me he knows every store will be different. Especially since this is a test we can literally do anything we want to make everything work. If something doesn't work then we try something else next week. It's all trial and error right now. He told me that he excepts us to make mistakes so we can give feedback as to what doesn't work. He said that if he comes in and we are in the middle of a big mistake then to tell him but then figure out how to fix it.

My signing tm is still doing certain signing (breaking down signing pallets, cse signing, and overheads), she has been doing cash office 5 days a week, and she also went into a department. During shipper time she will still do that. As far as signing in aisles my pog team always worked with her to get everything done anyways so we will just continue to train others to do their own signing as well. The way she has everything organized makes it easy for anyone who can read to go and get what they need for their pog/rev/sp.
Who separates, staples and hands out the planos and revisions each week.

Last edited:
In a system that replenishes off of eaches, I wonder what's that going to look like for FIFO.

Honestly, probably easier. The current system will send full cases that results in backstock. This backstock will sit in the BR for a long period of time sometimes as the truck keeps the items filled. This results in multiple expiration dates in multiple locations throughout the store. Eaches should reduce backstock to almost nothing, and at least when you do freshness for an item in the aisle, you know you are checking everything (and not like right now, where you can do freshness but if something comes out of the backroom expired you won't catch it).

From what @Rock Lobster has said, it sounds like they are working to implement a system of only sending stores exactly what they need, which would eliminate the need for backstock. But yeah, in the short term it will be an issue if nobody holds them accountable.

just quoting for "accountable" no one is held accountable like ever. but yeah you store is not mine and all that.

And they are sending what we needed a day and a half ago, or what ever the turn around time is. There will be backstock, minimal maybe but it will still exist.

just quoting for "accountable" no one is held accountable like ever. but yeah you store is not mine and all that.

And they are sending what we needed a day and a half ago, or what ever the turn around time is. There will be backstock, minimal maybe but it will still exist.

Yes it will be interesting to see. I am guessing it is using projected sales to estimate how much to send. So if you sell 4/day of something they will load 4+how much you are short right now on the truck? That is just my guess.

I think if end to end goes company wide that moving the plano team lead to own seasonal and mini seasonal would be the best fit. Those areas are more maintenance than anything when set. That would leave him/her free to organize large transitions around the store. Someone with experience really needs to be in charge of those or they can be slapped together haphazardly. That team lead could still organize revision transition and sales plans paperwork.

Honestly, probably easier. The current system will send full cases that results in backstock. This backstock will sit in the BR for a long period of time sometimes as the truck keeps the items filled. This results in multiple expiration dates in multiple locations throughout the store. Eaches should reduce backstock to almost nothing, and at least when you do freshness for an item in the aisle, you know you are checking everything (and not like right now, where you can do freshness but if something comes out of the backroom expired you won't catch it).
Guess we will have to wait and see. It would sure be aggravating having to pull a majority of the product off the shelf each time you have to stock something because eaches will continue to trickle in.

Guess we will have to wait and see. It would sure be aggravating having to pull a majority of the product off the shelf each time you have to stock something because eaches will continue to trickle in.

Yeah, I am not too sure on this. It depends on the frequency of delivery for stores to be honest.

For example, my market has 3 stores very close by, and we get 15+ trailers from the DC to our town in a week. Conceptually, they would be able to send at least 2 trailers a day so you may be filling items pretty often.

I think if end to end goes company wide that moving the plano team lead to own seasonal and mini seasonal would be the best fit. Those areas are more maintenance than anything when set. That would leave him/her free to organize large transitions around the store. Someone with experience really needs to be in charge of those or they can be slapped together haphazardly. That team lead could still organize revision transition and sales plans paperwork.

I think its interesting too that they are letting stores do this however they want.

If that is the case, my suggestion for Target (perhaps my #1 ask) is to seriously figure out a better payroll allocation system. They keep spending money on the program but every store I know of just has an excel sheet for the "real" payroll each workcenter is receiving.

If you want my suggestion, make it a hybrid type program. Let the STL open up their MyTime on Monday and have it show 0 hours in all workcenters. Then have a tab that they can open for allocation that shows the breakdown of tasks/service/workload by name of activity (not the workcenter). For example, your store is projected to receive 12,000 cartons of RDC freight for the week. Target can say its an average of 20 cartons/payroll hour with our process right now (not our fault it sucks) so that is 600 stocking hours for RDC. The STL can choose to allocate all 600 to "Trailer Unload" or divide it between workcenters. Do this with Pricing, Plano, Cashiering etc...

Let it be guided, so we know where MyTime is getting the hours from, but allow us to allocate where they go so there is more transparency in the allocation. And as a side note, could we also create the names of some workcenters? While a bit mundane I would love to be able to name workcenters and allocate payroll into store created ones. Things like "Cosmetics" or "Beauty" because most stores just allocate payroll into a random workcenter to cover that. Or a distinction between "Signing" and "Ad" would be nice...

Back