MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

For now I think this process is going to have the most luck in ULV/LV stores, because there will still be plenty of time on non-truck days to come in and finish up unfinished freight or work on special projects. Stores getting trucks 5-7 days a week will be tighter on hours available for TMs or will outright have to have TMs share their specific workarea, which means you're held accountable for someone else too, or have to deal with any messes the extra help you're sent on a heavy day makes.

It might level out with the new truck rollout but for now that's an issue we have at my store, for me especially trying to keep the BR brand when whoever backstocks on my off days or after I've been forced to leave makes it look like a bomb has gone off. :mad:

So confused. So say my assigned area is toys. If I'm off two days in a row, does someone else do toys? What about a tm who is only available evenings and weekends?

I would bet my check that this "pilot" will change a great deal of our lives. I have heard, they will eventually get rid of PPTL and Backroom TLs. Setting planos will fall to the individual departments as will markdowns. I know I will not wait around for that.

I would bet my check that this "pilot" will change a great deal of our lives. I have heard, they will eventually get rid of PPTL and Backroom TLs. Setting planos will fall to the individual departments as will markdowns. I know I will not wait around for that.
I have to..been hear to long. Pptl 29 years.
Now. I guess if this rolls out at my store I'll be the best sales floor team lead we have..or at least I'll try.....

Not quite 29 years, but close....Funny thing is when I started it was very similar to where its headed now. The same team members worked in the same areas all the time. They knew that department backwards and forwards. They pulled from the back, scanned outs (of course it wasnt called that back then) We had recovery leads that only worked nights to give the closing team consistency with leadership and that team was soooooo efficient. Ive been a TL in every department, I just don't see this working with the maturity level of the TLs now. In my current store their teams run circles around them, they are the worst people for calling out. I just don't see it working

I don't have an issue with the actual work we will be asked to do... what bothers me is the lack of accountability. Like, if I am on a "team" with some lazy ass slackers, I will be pissed if I am asked to help them out so they can continue to be lazy ass slackers.

Those of us who can perform 90% of all salesfloor and backroom tasks - should have no problem with End to End. It's the people that can't even come to work on time (or at all) or the people who are incompetent and/or lazy that are going to have a problem -- which then creates problems for others. Hence the burnout.

If this is true neither will I. I honestly feel as though I sense a mass exodus from Target, and most will be from their Logistics division, which IMO is one of the scariest to lose.

As the Lone Signing TM, this would mean my end. I would love to stay and watch how bad the fixture room gets at that point.

On the other end there is something I think would be very appealing to Cornell to keep a team that is the definition of "Change/New/CONSISTENCY" amongst all his stores, especially with all of these new changes. If anything I see our Presentation work being even harder.

Last edited:
The only thing I can see working if PPTL/Presentation team is eliminated is the different divisions taking over their own revisions as well, while maintaining a solid team that takes on Transitions (for those unfamliar many Target "Transitions" are a way bigger beast than a simple revision.

I see BRTL being turned into "Fulfillment-TL" (A sort of GSTL but, a more "online" role" with . PPTL and the Plano Team I see going nowhere. especially with major changes coming, to every store. You would want a consistent and battle hardened team to get them done, especially one that you don't have to pay a living wage too.

I went to Softlines. I had 2 full time pog tms and one went to 1 dept and 1 went to another dept. We do have multiple tms cross trained for pog that I used when needed and we are continuing to train tms as we go. The current plan for heavy set weeks is to schedule as many people as we can on non truck days to come in and just get it all done. We would use people from all departments at that point to get through the workload. This would be the only way we could get through a major set. My DTL explained it as like setting an area when you are opening a store. Bring in as many people as you can and get it done as fast as possible. My 2 pog tms will still work in their specific depts on truck days and then be scheduled with everyone else on non truck days to help with whatever is setting. Not sure how long we are testing this. Leadership seems to think if we get this right then there's no going back.
Where did your signing tm end up? If I need to fight my way back into market I'd better get a head start...

So confused. So say my assigned area is toys. If I'm off two days in a row, does someone else do toys? What about a tm who is only available evenings and weekends?

Again the positions are interchangeable. There would be a toys tm, market tm 1, market tm 2 etc.

If you aren't there that day someone else takes the toys task list and completes the job.

Where did your signing tm end up? If I need to fight my way back into market I'd better get a head start...
She is still doing certain signing (breaking down signing pallets, cse signing, and overheads), she has been doing cash office 5 days a week, and she also went into a department.

I have to..been hear to long. Pptl 29 years.
Now. I guess if this rolls out at my store I'll be the best sales floor team lead we have..or at least I'll try.....
Not quite 29 years, but close....Funny thing is when I started it was very similar to where its headed now. The same team members worked in the same areas all the time. They knew that department backwards and forwards. They pulled from the back, scanned outs (of course it wasnt called that back then) We had recovery leads that only worked nights to give the closing team consistency with leadership and that team was soooooo efficient. Ive been a TL in every department, I just don't see this working with the maturity level of the TLs now. In my current store their teams run circles around them, they are the worst people for calling out. I just don't see it working
Yes this is true.. But we have always had a pricing team and a plano team.. Thats the difference.

I'm just wondering if anybody has any idea how the back rooms going to be handled logistically (flow and dayside). Honestly I don't even think my boss knows this is coming, we started getting deliveries of assorted pallets and I was told they went straight to backstock for a seasonal setup.

Yes, however if one area is 100% done and another is slammed with a ton of signs then they still can go and help the other areas.
So does the 'ad team' go away? Right now we have a select group that always do ad. Where do those hours from? And pricing team, does that go away as well? I assume people just get dropped into one of the 'new areas.'

1. Get freight from truck.
2. Sort freight for aisles.
3. Stock.
4. Backstock.
5. Pull pulls.
6. Stock pulls.
7. Zone.
Additionally scan for outs. Correct inaccuracies, set planograms, signs etc for the area and alternate locations.
Assist guests and backup cashier.
Jesus anything else?

3. Stock.
4. Backstock.
5. Pull pulls.
6. Stock pulls.
7. Zone.
Additionally scan for outs. Correct inaccuracies, set planograms, signs etc for the area and alternate locations.
Jesus anything else?

And all with no increase in pay!

3. Stock.
4. Backstock.
5. Pull pulls.
6. Stock pulls.
7. Zone.
Jesus anything else?

you forgot be done by 0800 but you will getting harassed if you are not done by 0700. why? the STL which nobody has seen in days needs his big fat bonus and you are a meaningless cog in the machine. now get back to work peon.

well that is one way it could go. or it could be all rainbows and kittens.

So does the 'ad team' go away? Right now we have a select group that always do ad. Where do those hours from? And pricing team, does that go away as well? I assume people just get dropped into one of the 'new areas.'
We continued to use people who normally did ad with some others that didn't know to train them. We scheduled 2 for each area. They hung the signs then 1 did the end cap audit and the other one went to the back room to pull their autos. Pricing team went away as well. I have been spending some time this week with team members teaching them how to do price change. I had 2 full time Tms and they both went into a department.

you forgot be done by 0800 but you will getting harassed if you are not done by 0700. why? the STL which nobody has seen in days needs his big fat bonus and you are a meaningless cog in the machine. now get back to work peon.
From what has been posted here, no need to be great at 8. Push takes as long as it takes (within reason). Our market team had been on the E2E process since 3Q of last year. ETL-Log has told us the company doesn't care if it sits in the back a little. Priority is "Service the Guest."

Last edited:
Don't be so sure about that. The whole Market team got a 50 cent raise when it was rolled out. I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing (or at least a 25 cent raise) happened with End to End. Of course, that would leave only cashiers and cart attendants at base pay...
Edit: Produce was already at 25 cents above base, so they got a 25 cent raise. I assume the same happened with Bakery and Meat TMs. They're all technically Market TMs now, but in practice remain in their own areas. Deli was completely excluded from the Market rollout, but we're already at $1 above base.

Last edited:

Who needs that when you can get recognization!
michae10.gif

Back