MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

I have always thought we needed 'on line' kiosk through out the store for guest to place orders, guest often ask if they can order at guest service. If you let them leave they will purchase elsewhere.[/QUOTI

I made this comment to my STL last year and was told that was my job at GS. Sure, OK, it probably takes me 10 minutes to place an online order with our slow internet and it ties me up so I have to call for backup.

I read somewhere that the LOD would be able to order items for guests on the myDevice and process the payment for them as well.

Same at my LV store. All they do is push the trucks/pulls and set sales planners. They work slowly while continually talking to each other on the sales floor. The TL for Food has been with the company since the store opened. He's a really good guy but has never really pushed or challenged his TMs. I know because I was one of them when I stepped down and took a position on the Instocks Team.

Market used to do their own RIGS and Research but I started to do them again when my shift would be over and their RIGs were still in the Task List and our RIG completion score dropped.

Then when I again started doing RIGs in Market I noticed that they had been adjusting the capacities down so they wouldn't have to pull or push them. Research in Market only gets done when I have a chance to get over there every couple of weeks.

At least twice a week the Smart Huddle is held in Market so all the speciality teams and all Leaders can push 3 to 5 vehicles of product and/or zone.

Even with all of the above, store management is always giving them recognition at huddles for doing a great job.

Our STL never let market team do the rigs since they are always behind on everything else anyway. It is our job to scan and do the rigs but market team still pulls and stocks it.....eventually. They usually do research on there own though. I think we have a total of 8 on market team but on an average day they only have 4-5 scheduled.

Our STL never let market team do the rigs since they are always behind on everything else anyway. It is our job to scan and do the rigs but market team still pulls and stocks it.....eventually. They usually do research on there own though. I think we have a total of 8 on market team but on an average day they only have 4-5 scheduled.
We have about the same number on the market team buy have no more than 3 scheduled during the day and one at night.

So far this is a disaster at my store. It's only been done with market team and some of HBA. Still have yet to see a day where market comes clean, finishes a food truck, or doesn't ask backroom for help for something.

Hoping they scrap this idiotic idea

Are there any pictures of what a finished softlines remodel should look like? I can't tell if my store has these new mini-walls set in the wrong place, or if they're supposed to turn all of softlines into a mini-maze.

The zebras will have the capability to place orders and take payments eventually.

Once word gets out about that, I wonder how long it'll take for guests to ask us to check them out using those things.

anybody working overnights for a&a?heard that it is possible. if so, what are your shifts?

Actually with end to end there is no more overnight for a&A (other than the 2.0 remodel) They want all the softlines hours during the day so they can help guest.

Last edited:
End to end is not going well in my store. The people who came from the backroom and sales floor do not prioritize stocking and the ETL schedules more people when we have no truck than when we do. Target should start promoting people with retail experience instead of degrees.
This is the scramble. Grab a job.

End to end is not going well in my store. The people who came from the backroom and sales floor do not prioritize stocking and the ETL schedules more people when we have no truck than when we do. Target should start promoting people with retail experience instead of degrees.

Last sentence made me laugh a bit, been thinking same thing since I worked here. Sure I know it happens at some stores but it general the way they like getting young ETL's out of college with little or no retail experience it definitely is not a priority for the company. My store is only market end to end, which could be going better. Although they are making progress very slowly. In general it should not have to be up team members to prioritize everything thats what you need good leadership for.

How's everyone dealing with vacations?

It has been a major test for us since we split flow up. Just not enough people to cover unload/push. If we don't figure something else out (like a vacation calendar), this will get uglier in the future as we get closer to full E2E (we're Softlines, Market, Cosmetics (partial)). There just will not be enough bodies to cover the various processes.

We're still understaffed through attrition.

If we don't figure something else out (like a vacation calendar), this will get uglier in the future as we get closer to full E2E (we're Softlines, Market, Cosmetics (partial)). There just will not be enough bodies to cover the various processes.

We're still understaffed through attrition.

This was one of the final straws for me. I had one person trained as a backup for my area and they put her in Electronics for e2e and couldn't give her to me to cover a vacation anymore! When I fought about it, they "pulled some strings" and got me the week off, but boy did I hear about it and how much of a "favor" they did for me.

We just had an issue with the softlines team when a TM's close family member passed away and the TM was out for 10 days. The ETL's ended up having one of the remaining TM's adjust the schedule to split the missing TM's hours between 3 other TM's. It worked out fine. I think if the STL and HR are cognizant of the fact that sometimes people do go on vacation or there is another reason that someone will have to be out, talking to the other TM's involved can usually solve the issue. The process is relatively new and our TM's are split up, especially Flow, and I think in time when the people scheduling get to the point where they know who is on what team, it will become better.

I'm Softlines/Style, and I alternate the unload with another Softlines TM, I've picked up hours in FF, I've stocked/backstocked for other teams, and have been asked to come in to fill seasonal, so there have been quite a few times that I have been scheduled to work or asked to stay late to work outside of "my team." I have certainly not minded, since I was previously on Flow. There are others on our team that have been asked to do the same. I don't like the fact that as time goes on I may be more "closed off" because I'm delegated primarily to one team, but I believe that my willingness to be flexible will help in the end. They know that they can come to me or some of my fellow TM's to get things completed in other areas if need be.

How's everyone dealing with vacations?
So far my store is taking the approach of "everyone can do any job." The STL has a heavy hand in writing the schedule for E2E areas and TMs get moved around all the time. We haven't gone full E2E yet, but a good example is cosmetics. We have one dedicated beauty TM, and other people filling in include a pog TM, GSA, salesfloor TL, softlines TMs. And then depending on who is there and what time of day it is, they could be expected to work just cosmetics or all of HBA.

That's also shooting themselves in the foot. I'm all for canning shit TMs, however it'll be a lot harder to teach teach a new TM "everything", especially with less payroll.

Once the entirety of flow and backroom quits due to not wanting to interact with guest, who will have time to train new TMs while trying to complete their own work
I'm sure Bosch can take care of that

Our "soft" roll out for all store E2E is a disaster. They have list of tasks that take up too much time to help guest but if you look at soft lines they sitting there "bored". Supervisors just keep telling you how wonderful everything is. Ask a supervisor a question & get a different answer from each one.
The best NOBODY will help anybody .... not my area not my problem

Is anyone running an efficient market e2e process? Food tl just quit and I'm taking on the department until we figure out a new leader. I have an idea of what I can fix but just wondering where others have had success (keeping asants in mind)

Our "soft" roll out for all store E2E is a disaster. They have list of tasks that take up too much time to help guest but if you look at soft lines they sitting there "bored". Supervisors just keep telling you how wonderful everything is. Ask a supervisor a question & get a different answer from each one.
The best NOBODY will help anybody .... not my area not my problem

Exactly this.. Market will have three TM's in the aisle and the call box for seasonal which is actually on the corner of market and seasonal will go off they will not walk the 10ft over to clear it..

Back