Archived ETL Guest Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just hired as an ETL - Guest Experience. I was just wondering if anyone could provide any insights or specifics about the job. Thanks!

Last edited:
I was just hired as an ETL - Guest Experience. I was just wondering if anyone could provide any insights or specifics about the job. Thanks!

You will be over the front end and the guest service team leaders. Your metrics will revolve around the redcards and conversion, sales floor speed in answering call boxes, cashier speed, and the survey scores from our guests. Outside of that you will be responsible for the same thing all ETLs are responsible for like LOD shifts and store wide and district wide metrics...

Thanks! I have been browsing the various topics and they are very informative! I want to make sure I am a well-rounded ETL and not one of the nightmares people describe that do not want to do anything or step out onto the floor!!

ETL-GE is the ETL role with highest turnover in most districts, mostly because of pressure with RedCards. You are essentially a Marketing Manager. RedCards can either make or break you - if you can OWN them you'll be loved by your DTL. If not, things might not be so good. :huh:

If you have any questions about the specifics of the role PM me, I did a lot of ETL-GE training when I was an extended intern :)

Greetings Targetq! (and a howdy do to everyone else) I am also an external hire heading into ETL-GE. My DTL is placing me in "the black sheep of the district" the store has a new STL, high turnover, low conversions, bad survey results and LOTS of visibility. ^_^ It's expected that I will go in with a bang and make an immediate impact!...no pressure. (Actually I've been really good at driving results from hot messes in the past.)

That said, let's be friends! And I extend the offer to all of you! I'd love to have a few peeps to bounce wins and opportunities off of.

/hand shake

When a cashier or backup asks every guest and still isn't getting redcards..cut them some slack. Be hassled isn't going to help. We're trying. Spot-For the love of god PLEASE get software that can read a guests debit card and give them a Target one. Most people don't carry checks anymore. I can't count how many I've lost because of this.

When a cashier or backup asks every guest and still isn't getting redcards..cut them some slack. Be hassled isn't going to help. We're trying. Spot-For the love of god PLEASE get software that can read a guests debit card and give them a Target one. Most people don't carry checks anymore. I can't count how many I've lost because of this.
In this case it's much preferred to offer advice or different strategies on how to sell redcards than to make the cashier feel bad about not getting them. Most people already feel bad because they know the expectation and know they aren't meeting it. Drive a culture of fairness and push conversion. Don't let your team become complacent and then expect to meet conversion and hound cashiers to get redcards like my store has been know to do from time to time.

Greetings Targetq! (and a howdy do to everyone else) I am also an external hire heading into ETL-GE. My DTL is placing me in "the black sheep of the district" the store has a new STL, high turnover, low conversions, bad survey results and LOTS of visibility. ^_^ It's expected that I will go in with a bang and make an immediate impact!...no pressure. (Actually I've been really good at driving results from hot messes in the past.)

That said, let's be friends! And I extend the offer to all of you! I'd love to have a few peeps to bounce wins and opportunities off of.

/hand shake

I walked into a similar situation as you are describing... My biggest advice is to focus on things that make the biggest impact! Create a positive culture of teaching and training your team on what it takes to be great at conversion and make them be able to speak to their numbers and store numbers, drive to create a positive culture of team work by encouraging mentorships and team projects, give them strong performing team leaders and GSAs who get to know them and create buy in at the same time, own staffing at the front end by being selective with hiring and create a great on boarding experience, begin implementing checkout is fast best practices to ensure all procedures are implemented and your checkout experience is efficient, and finally when all of this happens begin managing talent at the front end to level set expectations with poor performers and drop dead weight if they are not able to perform to that level.

And yes that is an extremely long sentence lol...

This. I'm one of those cashiers. Don't be like a certain GSTL at my store.

/hand shake

I do not know as many specifics about my store yet (still haven't been assigned), but I would definitely love to throw ideas back and forth! I am eager for training to start so I can see all that goes behind it.

I think that would be a wonderful idea! We will definitely be going through a lot of the same things at the same time!

After reading all these posts, I feel terrible about how I opened my Red Card! I did it online!! :sorry:

Are you seriously telling us they didn't tell you what would be expected of you so you go onto a discussion page to find out about your job?

They've told me plenty about the company and the general ETL position, but I just found out I was GE so I was specifically inquiring about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back