Archived Ever have a shift just merch protecting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever have a shift just merch protecting? I asked for this yesterday, (and i'm a Electronics TM) to my ETL-AP and was wondering if it was possible. He said he would talk to the Electronics TL. Honestly, i'm surprised a lot of stuff (to my knowledge) has not been stolen recently.

On that shift question, doesn't make sense if you are doing your job to secure stuff to begin with. Commication is the key, I can't do it, tell lod or electronics person. Someone will get it done. It would be a good time to research items too.

As a former electronics TM, this is something we suffered in where no one did any merch protecting. What I started to do was while i zoned, I would merch protect an aisle or two a day, slowly but surely it was all done and I just kept it into my routines. Theoretically, the electronics team should be doing this every time they push product out.

The electronics team merch protects stuff here, AP helps too. Our main problem is with flow team not merch protecting items they push put. We did have a couple shifts where all we did was merch protect blu rays, if you worked morning or mid.

I was in a store that only had 40 AP hours and I was the only TPS. Whenever I took time off those hours wouldn't be used. My old ETL AP would use left over budgeted hours for various things in the store. Sometimes he would give the left over hours to people to clean the fixture room, work the fitting room or do merch protection.

Our electronics flow guys are actually good about merch protection. Our problem is that items in other departments aren't getting merch protected, i.e. small appliances (see: Dyson, Keurig, etc.) and HBA (see: razors, etc.).

Merch protection is a full time job on its own considering how flow's only concern is filling the floor as quickly as possible

In my store we have 1 flow person who is responsible for checking list for each truck and spidering things up! Love it cause I hate them, lol

Ever have a shift just merch protecting? I asked for this yesterday, (and i'm a Electronics TM) to my ETL-AP and was wondering if it was possible. He said he would talk to the Electronics TL. Honestly, i'm surprised a lot of stuff (to my knowledge) has not been stolen recently.
That's about as likely to happen as me getting a shift reorganizing the backroom.

Would it help immensely? Oh for sure.

Is there a chance in hell that the store is willing to allocate payroll and a body just for that? Nope.

That's about as likely to happen as me getting a shift reorganizing the backroom.

Would it help immensely? Oh for sure.

Is there a chance in hell that the store is willing to allocate payroll and a body just for that? Nope.

Or cleaning the fixture room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back