Archived FACT CHECK: Is payroll "tight"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't Sunday considered part of June?
My store was cutting too, including calling people an hour (an hour) before their shift and asking them if they would like to have off,

Why is Sunday a part of June? I thought Payroll would have automatically reset one the 1st but this hasn't been the case.

Why is Sunday a part of June? I thought Payroll would have automatically reset one the 1st but this hasn't been the case.

The payroll doesn't go by set dates. As far as I know it goes by the weeks. This pay period ends today, Saturday June 2nd. So the new "month" begins tomorrow on June 3rd since it's the first new day in the new pay period for the month

So while a store is tight on hours today, tomorrow they can just start blowing them out so then their tight on hours again in 3 weeks

I don't think that shows for TMs.
No. But it does show the other things and if you have a paper schedule and a calculator you can figure it out.

I have noticed 3 things. We did get a serious bump of flex for several things (special projects, sales comp increases that double last years projections and attrition) however, we spent ours on doing the resets, Now everyone who isnt mgmt is being hustled out.
two if leadership sint working together, the hours can go fast that way too. Like I said in an different thread, our cashiers are not cart attendants on the weekdays. This got a lot easier when the two primary cart attendants were scheduled cashier and comsumables shifts

It is also the last week of the first quarter of the fiscal year. My feeling is Brian is trying to make the numbers look as good aa possible by saving money on payroll.
Nah, its more like the algorithm fucked up and they didnt know it. and now they dont care

And just for shits and giggles, they add in the vacuum wall revision the week of the electronics transition. Why not a week earlier?

Rant ... because the idiots at corporate don't know, don't care, and are apathetic simian gene spliced morons who wrote dumb ass pogs.

Example: let's call one display tv an "f" while the one above it is a "p". But if they look up the line listing on the my device, it won't say either, it'll just say 5-1-3. Moronic.
Come on, you are supposed to match that to the visual pog page.

It gets worse, not only do they cram them all into a month, but the company now REQUIRES you to set all transitions in the sequence they give you, you CAN NOT deviate from the day. you cant set early and you cant set late. just got off a conference call about this roll out.
Who with? Your RVP? We did ours early and our GVP was ok with that. (DTL on maturity leave)

for big transitions, the gist is they want to hold the DC accountable for not sending things on time, since everyone tends to set early as possible its been hard to say that the DC is the issue. hopefully everyone sticks to the sequence. We need to highlight how important it is for the DC to be organized.
DC being organized and on time.
deanshow.jpg
1512029251650.jpg
nicolas-cage-laugh.png

Half our flow team was cut, as well half the sales floor on a saturday, with a 2600 piece GM and 1000 piece food truck, it went down like the Titanic.

Sounds like my store.. They never even cleaned up the pallets off the backside or front of the line and in receiving.. I had to move 20+ and they are going to hate my ass cause I just packed them in like cars at a festival to make space so I could pack SFS orders. Trash, cardboard from what they did work not touched, we couldn't even get to the baler, compactor to start cleaning it up without actually shoving some of the stuff back in the open trailer which still had the line left in it..

It was ugly..

Isn't Sunday considered part of June?
My store was cutting too, including calling people an hour (an hour) before their shift and asking them if they would like to have off,
If they were to do that to me, I'd tell them hell no! I got up for this?!

Payroll is...odd at my store. We have extra hours for the floor, apparently, but not for cashiers. I don't know if there's an assumption that sales will be down x% in remodel and cashier payroll is based on that or what, but we're exceeding sales goals by 10% or so and can't get enough cashier hours. We don't really have enough floor hours, even with the 1 or 2 service ambassadors and a full complement of HL & SL folks, but what makes it worse is having to cover the lanes so much when we're struggling to keep the store from looking like a total disaster and trying to keep up with freight and help guests find stuff. We start remodel in grocery soon, and they can't keep up as it is. I hope they are adding market hours for when that happens.

They tell us at that at the end of the month, every month. I like those nights if I'm closing because then we leave right at close.

Can't imagine how that's possible.

our new STL was heard saying that today is still last month payroll-wise. Fake news, today is the new month. At least getting sent home at 5.9 hours is better than 3 hours I gueeeeeeesssss

It gets worse, not only do they cram them all into a month, but the company now REQUIRES you to set all transitions in the sequence they give you, you CAN NOT deviate from the day. you cant set early and you cant set late. just got off a conference call about this roll out.
I got this info too, even if online planogram is 95 percent plus, and the aisle is half empty. Noooooo setting early. Honestly the more and more I see it Target is just getting in the way of it's own employees, for no fathomable reason. Which in the end is only going to cost it more money.

Some areas and some people get lots of hours and some don't. Those of us who still work just truck have seen hours cut by 25% or more, even though there are way fewer of us. But an A&A TM who starts on truck (unloading on the line) or someone who typically works back room is sent to help me push product in health care on a day when truck is small and I don't need help to finish before my scheduled out time. Some of us on flow are scheduled for only 2 of 3 truck days, when we all used to be scheduled for every truck day. It seems that all the e2e departments don't see hours cut - yet I'm told that they're not getting our hours. Well, yes they are if they're pushing the truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back