Archived FACT CHECK: Is payroll "tight"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First things first, a little spot spin: The aisle is not 'half empty its half full, silly! So that means it will only take you a few minutes to spread it out and remerch it. Or better yet pull 10 facings of the carry forward stuff and flex over! (even though you know it will only be 1 facing on the new plano and all of that will go right back to back stock in a few days) Voila! Beautiful aisle! Spin complete.

I've got my popcorn ready and are waiting for the BTC show! So please, please whatever you do DON'T tell me to start it early!!! I haven't seen a comedy of errors since Thanksgiving and I need a good laugh! Backroom exploding with transition...pallets of bins to be built (that will take 60 hrs themselves)...empty shelves in seasonal(which always gives a great impression not to mention helps sales)...guests asking when we are going to set it... tryng to motivate tm's who feel they were set up to fail...watching the stress build and people exploding at one another...pallets of back stock being left because there was no time for them...trying to set one side of a valley while the other side has 6 people trying to push to same aisle...oh yes putting all the unsold seasonal stuff in boxes on pallets to await salvage because that aisle NEEDS to be set(then we wait for the guest to come in and say 'Online it says you have 5 of these')... I think I am going to need more popcorn...

I'll remember this, on your next visit, when you ask me why an Aisle is half empty...... Silly.

I'll then explain, that it actually is completely full, the illusion of out-of-stocks is actually Glutten Free.

Air.

As weird as it sounds,the skeleton crew Presentation team, at my store, are all at ~40, every week, but we are all trained for flow,pricing, backroom, sfs, hardlines, (and in my case Market), as well as Softlines.

It also helps, that when we are scheduled in those areas, we tend to run circles around the TM's that are in their regular departments. I feel like it's my store saying "Please!.... don't go, we are really gonna need you :oops:).

Last edited:
Next you'll be telling me that up is down!!!
1267527853_old_guy_going_crazy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back