Archived FACT CHECK: Is payroll "tight"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah - thanks for all your hard work watching/occasionally helping people buy the shit they were gonna buy anyway, either at Spot or somewhere else.

It's all because of YOU!!!

5mtuvqR.gif

You deserve moar ours!!!

Always, always allocated elsewhere. Starbucks and Cafe have hours allocated elsewhere. Probably 30 hours from both that’s two team members you could have in another workcenter for a week. Not giving myself away too much but when there’s a project, they start charging or scheduling under those hours before anyone notices. I’m waiting for my ETL to notice and give them an earful. ETL-Log always was the killer back when I was a TM. Always heard my ETL complaining about them and how they thought hours grew on trees. I had 3 call offs this week. I didn’t replace on the first day, the second day I would’ve been screwed so I extended a bunch of people. Got the shit done or else I would have heard a mountain from my ETL. STL was there when I extended and had no issues. I think it all depends on the store’s current situation with hours and whatnot. In regards to OT, I usually take an hour lunch to give leeway for the time my ETL wants to status with me before I go home. I sometimes hit OT by an hour at max but I’ve yet to hear it from ETLHR or STL.

Either Target does not have enough margin to operate its stores like it wants to or even worse, does not know how many hours it actually takes to complete its operational task. Store operations have morphed into an intra company competition on who does it the fastest (less hours used) instead of an actual reasonably achievable process that can be accomplished consistently company wide. This is why ASANTS and common failures exists.

Doing the latter (intra company competition) will result in catastrophic failure as repetition of the process cannot be achieved do to either expected or unexpected change.

So with every change that has been made, or is being made, or will be made the actual cost savings (benefit) of doing such is greatly exaggerated, unknown, or the cost component ignored all together in the cost savings (benefit).

In other words as "job creep" settles in, or someone's "great ideal" is implemented, the amount of time it takes for a team member to complete a task increases while decreasing the ability to recover from the task itself to move on to the next task at hand. This result in more hours needed to complete similar tasks that were merged or recreated.

Sound familiar? Store modernization and E2E suffer greatly from this problem.

All of the task that are somewhat repetitious should have a corresponding min/max time completion. These all should be attainable as to the ability of the team member Spot's willing to hire. In other words, reflect the ability of the current labor pool (experience, physical capability, age, etc.).

Then we have equipment issues that should always be measured, recorded, and reported. That's another thing we fail at miserably at.

Either Target does not have enough margin to operate its stores like it wants to or even worse, does not know how many hours it actually takes to complete its operational task. Store operations have morphed into an intra company competition on who does it the fastest (less hours used) instead of an actual reasonably achievable process that can be accomplished consistently company wide. This is why ASANTS and common failures exists.

Doing the latter (intra company competition) will result in catastrophic failure as repetition of the process cannot be achieved do to either expected or unexpected change.

So with every change that has been made, or is being made, or will be made the actual cost savings (benefit) of doing such is greatly exaggerated, unknown, or the cost component ignored all together in the cost savings (benefit).

In other words as "job creep" settles in, or someone's "great ideal" is implemented, the amount of time it takes for a team member to complete a task increases while decreasing the ability to recover from the task itself to move on to the next task at hand. This result in more hours needed to complete similar tasks that were merged or recreated.

Sound familiar? Store modernization and E2E suffer greatly from this problem.

All of the task that are somewhat repetitious should have a corresponding min/max time completion. These all should be attainable as to the ability of the team member Spot's willing to hire. In other words, reflect the ability of the current labor pool (experience, physical capability, age, etc.).

Then we have equipment issues that should always be measured, recorded, and reported. That's another thing we fail at miserably at.

I rate this post ★★★★★. Please write more.

So, here's what I don't get.....

and I'll get into the presentation teams hours after this....

Hours have been sliced and diced, we ALL know this. However, my ETL was scrambling yesterday to find people because "They had to fill 160 hours".

Where did this time come from? Out of thin air? I am not privy to the knowledge of where these miraculous hours came from.
-----------------------------------------
On to Presentation teams hours....... I am not sure presentation has had more than 20+ hours (for the entire team, in a full week), in about a month.

Fast forward and 1-2 weeks from now we have, 250+ hours of multiple transitions, in the same week. Why doesn't Target spread this out? (None of those hours include BTS/BTC).

At my store, they scheduled a backroom team member under consumables so she can have close to 40 hours while the rest of us have 32 hours working 5 days or 20 hours working less days. I was pissed off when I saw that. WTF? No market hours. Lies. And she was doing backroom work. Did not even touch any dry or coolers.

At my store, they scheduled a backroom team member under consumables so she can have close to 40 hours while the rest of us have 32 hours working 5 days or 20 hours working less days. I was pissed off when I saw that. WTF? No market hours. Lies. And she was doing backroom work. Did not even touch any dry or coolers.

My TL would insist on that TM to work for Market if she is under Market hours. She can complain to her TL or to HR but if she's scheduled in Market, she will work in Market.

At my store, it's favoritism. Yet if I were to call it out to HR ETL or to STL then the Log ETL who oversees Food would give a shitty excuse that they needed help in backroom so they didn't have her in market. I don't think so for all 5 days you had that issue. When I saw that, I'm like fuck, then I'm going to stay past my shift to get 40 when there ARE hours, you guys just don't want to give them.

Smoke and mirrors shell game, scheduled here, work there. Should be pulling pushing market etc,,in reality "Market" hours are used to unload RDC.......meanwhile (Tuesday) passing thru TSC,
I hear "They gave us 700 additional hours for soft lines." 2 days later I hear the rest of the store HAS TO CUT 300 hours to compensate?

Hours have been sliced and diced, we ALL know this. However, my ETL was scrambling yesterday to find people because "They had to fill 160 hours".

Where did this time come from? Out of thin air? I am not privy to the knowledge of where these miraculous hours came from.
On to Presentation teams hours....... I am not sure presentation has had more than 20+ hours (for the entire team, in a full week), in about a month.

Fast forward and 1-2 weeks from now we have, 250+ hours of multiple transitions, in the same week. Why doesn't Target spread this out? (None of those hours include BTS/BTC).

And just for shits and giggles, they add in the vacuum wall revision the week of the electronics transition. Why not a week earlier?

Rant ... because the idiots at corporate don't know, don't care, and are apathetic simian gene spliced morons who wrote dumb ass pogs.

Example: let's call one display tv an "f" while the one above it is a "p". But if they look up the line listing on the my device, it won't say either, it'll just say 5-1-3. Moronic.

It gets worse, not only do they cram them all into a month, but the company now REQUIRES you to set all transitions in the sequence they give you, you CAN NOT deviate from the day. you cant set early and you cant set late. just got off a conference call about this roll out.

Not sure if it is the whole company, or just my region.

It gets worse, not only do they cram them all into a month, but the company now REQUIRES you to set all transitions in the sequence they give you, you CAN NOT deviate from the day. you cant set early and you cant set late. just got off a conference call about this roll out.

I can see that for big transitions. Is that what you mean? Or all you talking about all pogs and revisions?

Many of us (myself included) received phone calls/were pulled aside yesterday and told our shifts had been cut for either today, Saturday, or Sunday. Soooo ... I can't speak for anyone else, but we seem to have a problem.

Opposite of everyone’s at my store. We already had plenty of people in HL today and was asked if I wanted to come in also. Must have extra hours? It wasn’t even busy, we just zoned most of the day...

Many of us (myself included) received phone calls/were pulled aside yesterday and told our shifts had been cut for either today, Saturday, or Sunday. Soooo ... I can't speak for anyone else, but we seem to have a problem.

Isn't Sunday considered part of June?
My store was cutting too, including calling people an hour (an hour) before their shift and asking them if they would like to have off,

They cut a RTW TM three days in a row, including today & tomorrow and then wonder why the truck isn't pushed and the zones are shit.

I can see that for big transitions. Is that what you mean? Or all you talking about all pogs and revisions?
for big transitions, the gist is they want to hold the DC accountable for not sending things on time, since everyone tends to set early as possible its been hard to say that the DC is the issue. hopefully everyone sticks to the sequence. We need to highlight how important it is for the DC to be organized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back